eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

When the listing pictures are atrocious. :eek: Do they look at other blurry/too close up pictures on other listings and think those are good or sufficient as a buyer?

THIS! Or when they have 4 or 5 crappy pictures for an item they are asking hundreds for.... I’ve noticed a trend where they’ll write in the listing “feel free to ask if you need more pics!” Um, I’m pretty sure you already have an idea your listing is half@$$ if you’re anticipating buyers wanting more pictures.

Reactions: Gblb and Kidclarke
When the listing pictures are atrocious. :eek: Do they look at other blurry/too close up pictures on other listings and think those are good or sufficient as a buyer?
THIS! Or when they have 4 or 5 crappy pictures for an item they are asking hundreds for.... I’ve noticed a trend where they’ll write in the listing “feel free to ask if you need more pics!” Um, I’m pretty sure you already have an idea your listing is half@$$ if you’re anticipating buyers wanting more pictures.

Not only asking hundreds but also don’t contain necessary pictures for authentication. The pics are blurry and include only 4-5 not 12 and there’s 20 watchers. I don’t understand.

Not only asking hundreds but also don’t contain necessary pictures for authentication. The pics are blurry and include only 4-5 not 12 and there’s 20 watchers. I don’t understand.
Guilty as charged. I'm currently watching an item that has only 3 photos - not very blurry but all partial shots of the item. It's like the seller has no clue that buyers might want to see the whole item. Oh, I'm watching in hope of better pics or lower price when it doesn't sell. It's a good-to-have item.
And size! Sorry, but if the seller says he ships worldwide and then uses his local coinage as a size reference, foreign buyers will only have a hazy idea of how big that brooch is. Please use a ruler or tape measure!

Reactions: Gblb and whateve
Guilty as charged. I'm currently watching an item that has only 3 photos - not very blurry but all partial shots of the item. It's like the seller has no clue that buyers might want to see the whole item. Oh, I'm watching in hope of better pics or lower price when it doesn't sell. It's a good-to-have item.
And size! Sorry, but if the seller says he ships worldwide and then uses his local coinage as a size reference, foreign buyers will only have a hazy idea of how big that brooch is. Please use a ruler or tape measure!
speaking of using something odd as a size reference - https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COACH-...450868&hash=item25e9e895da:g:wWsAAOSwoFVaUHBi
This looks impossibly large next to the car!

And this could be a very tiny bag, judging by the teddy bear!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-colo...346326?hash=item3f90dd1016:g:oYUAAOSwcrxZc9hK

Last edited:
Reactions: xincinsin

Yes! I was looking through antiquarian books the other day and stumbled across one that was something like $500. One picture and it was so blurry you could not even make out the title! Minimal description as well. :/

Likewise, I've seen expensive listings for books that claim to be first editions / first printing (that have nearly identical non-first editions through out numerous printings) in perfect condition. And then the photos are blurry if there is a photo of the page that proves its a first ed / first printing or there is no photo of the necessary identifiers at all. :/

And listings that take close up photos of a few select pages and don't photograph the whole book at all. -_-

Reactions: rainnebeauxday
This thread is an interesting read!! Very eye opening.
Here is my eBay scam story:
Ordered Advantix tic medicine for my dog on eBay. A few days later received a package in an official petmeds box with official label. It had my address but someone else’s name. Did not open the box and called UPS to come take it back as this was clearly a mistake. A few days later checked on my eBay order, it said delivered. Called eBay told them I never got it only to find out that it was the box I sent back. The sellers profile doesn’t exist any more. Even though the name on the box was not mine I was supposed to have guessed it was my dog’s meds. Had to leave on vacation shortly after and by the time I got back too much time had passed and eBay couldn’t help. I was out the $50.
Here is the actual scam:
They open an account on eBay and list a bunch of stuff. When someone buys an item they use one of their stolen credit cards to shop on the official site (like petmeds) and send you the order (using the name on the stolen card). They take your payment and close up shop quick before people realize it’s a scam.

Did her daughter just get diagnosed with cancer and her husband just get deployed to Afghanistan?

ETA: BTW, feel free to PM her ID so I can block!
I’ll send her ID over now. I woke up this morning with a message from this same ebay member taunting me. Making fun of the fact that the item has not sold yet. I went ahead and answered her and said. “I’m in no hurry.”

Every so often when I go through a major closet cleaning phase I usually have no problem with 99% of the things I sell. There is always always always "that" potential buyer that sends THIS type of message.........

"......I’m dying for this for my daughter bday. I only have at the most 300 to spend. I’m begging you. Do me a favor please let me get this and make a child sooooooo happy....."

The item I am selling is a designer leather moto jacket that retails for $2850. I originally listed the jacket for $995 and only recently reduced the price to $795. I replied to the message and told her I was not interested. I suggested that if $300 was her budget then it was in her best interest to shop for items within that price range, She then replied and said that I was a hateful, mean, horrible person.

How awful of me not to give her my jacket.

Did her daughter just get diagnosed with cancer and her husband just get deployed to Afghanistan?

ETA: BTW, feel free to PM her ID so I can block!
I’ll send her ID over now. I woke up this morning with a message from this same ebay member taunting me. Making fun of the fact that the item has not sold yet. I went ahead and answered her and said. “I’m in no hurry.”
Thanks for sending the ID. She's so blocked!

Since she's sold nearly $2k worth of diet products since October, she's not hurting. And she's received 22 feedback in the last month from other sellers. She's on a shopping spree!

Do these wannabe buyers not realize you can see their histories?!?!

Reactions: fashion_victim9
Sellers who only use stock photos! I admit to using stock photos myself as my main picture, but I always include several photos I take so that buyers can see the actual item that is for sale. I saw a stock photo of an item I liked that wasn't cheap. The buyer only used stock photos but none of the actual item. I looked their other items. For most of their other items they also only used stock photos, but none of the item! You want hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars for an item, but don't bother to show it?! This person is not new to ebay. They should know better!

Sellers who only use stock photos!!
Agree. It makes me cringe that these sellers, with their lazy stock pictures, are the ones getting all of the sales and attention when I, who is probably selling the same or similar item, worked hard on taking pictures and writing up my own descriptions, get ZERO attention or sales. My poor listing just sits there forever with little to no watchers (or maybe some, but they have no intention of buying). It infuriates me. >=(

Since she's sold nearly $2k worth of diet products since October, she's not hurting. And she's received 22 feedback in the last month from other sellers. She's on a shopping spree!

Oh please oh please don't forget to mention that little tidbit in your next response, MAGJES! [emoji38]

Reactions: MAGJES

AND.....she's obviously loony cause she continues to message me - she taunts me because the item has not sold - like I lie awake at nights and worry because it is still for sale. It will sell eventually....I'm in no hurry....but seriously why does she even care? I should never have replied to her message the 1st time. I should have simply blocked. I ended the listing late last night hoping she would go away but have received 2 messages already today. I guess she is just a poor pitiful little bird that taunts ebay sellers when they will not sell her an item at 90% off retail.