eBay pet peeves! Post yours!

So hey, I have an OBO for a keychain and willing to accept offers! So buyers, any guesses at how much I am willing to offer? No?

*radio silence, only one watcher*

So much for that.

I am also so happy to have 3 other listings with absolutely NO watchers. Same with Poshmark, lots of hearts but not a single comment asking me the silly questions. I am so close to just consigning these items it’s not even funny. I’m tired of waiting for these buyers to buy something.

What's going on? I was so hoping for this new year everyone will be clamoring to buy something... I guess not.

So hey, I have an OBO for a keychain and willing to accept offers! So buyers, any guesses at how much I am willing to offer? No?

So much for that.

I am also so happy to have 3 other listings with absolutely NO watchers. Same with Poshmark, lots of hearts but not a single comment asking me the silly questions. I am so close to just consigning these items it’s not even funny. I’m tired of waiting for these buyers to buy something.

What's going on? I was so hoping for this new year everyone will be clamoring to buy something... I guess not.

I have watchers that do nothing but watch. Ugh!

Reactions: anthrosphere

So much for that.

I and a few others collect keychains, including older styles. Once we get one, we aren't in the market for another of the same style. The only people interested in those are resellers who are looking to make a killing and then list for a high mark-up. Eventually, someone who doesn't collect keychains, but thinks it is cute, will buy. It just sometimes takes a long time. I've noticed that the keychain market has softened. Keychains are selling for less than they did even 6 months ago.

You just have to connect with one buyer who really wants your item. I had a pair of shoes listed for probably 6 months on two sites. Yesterday, I listed it on another site, and it sold in a couple hours.

Sellers who make a mistake in the listing, but don't want to honor the fact that they did. I purchased a bag that I was not familiar with IRL so I was going off the seller's description. I received it and it was less than half the width stated. She stated it was an honest mistake, I believe her, but wouldn't take it back. I had to open a case [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sellers who make a mistake in the listing, but don't want to honor the fact that they did. I purchased a bag that I was not familiar with IRL so I was going off the seller's description. I received it and it was less than half the width stated. She stated it was an honest mistake, I believe her, but wouldn't take it back. I had to open a case [emoji19]

Honest or not, she made a mistake, and shouldn't have given you a problem with taking it back.

Honest or not, she made a mistake, and shouldn't have given you a problem with taking it back.
I completely agree. She claimed the depth of the bag was the measurement from the top of the bag to the bottom. Um, that's the height, which she also disclosed on the listing. She asked me to take pics of the bag with a measuring tape showing the height, width, and depth. I did and still no further response. Ridiculous.

Yes! I was looking through antiquarian books the other day and stumbled across one that was something like $500. One picture and it was so blurry you could not even make out the title! Minimal description as well. :/

Likewise, I've seen expensive listings for books that claim to be first editions / first printing (that have nearly identical non-first editions through out numerous printings) in perfect condition. And then the photos are blurry if there is a photo of the page that proves its a first ed / first printing or there is no photo of the necessary identifiers at all. :/

And listings that take close up photos of a few select pages and don't photograph the whole book at all. -_-

Have you looked at ABE books? https://www.abebooks.com/ HTH! This is where I go for comparisons.

Reactions: BomberGal
I’m selling a white gold ring and this was the charming message exchange I had with a buyer:

Buyer: It looks like yellow gold.
Me: It is white gold.
Buyer: ok ok
Me: adding person to BBL

Insert eye roll here. It makes you appreciate the smooth transactions and friendly buyers so much more!

Have you looked at ABE books? https://www.abebooks.com/ HTH! This is where I go for comparisons.

I do check Abebooks for some vintage or out of print books and its great for that, but for antique books they're not my first choice. There are usually little to no photos, and the pricing is often in the "Sell your soul or your first born" range for the genre of books I look for. And some of those same books, from the same sellers, are listed on ebay for far less. Some are worth the price listed there I'm sure, but its out of my ballpark. And when you try to sort their rare & antiquarian book section by price, you end up with a bunch of non-antiquarian books in the mix. So unless its a very specific book & author I'm looking for, its a bit frustrating to narrow down searches.

Reactions: rainnebeauxday
I do check Abebooks for some vintage or out of print books and its great for that, but for antique books they're not my first choice. There are usually little to no photos, and the pricing is often in the "Sell your soul or your first born" range for the genre of books I look for. And some of those same books, from the same sellers, are listed on ebay for far less. Some are worth the price listed there I'm sure, but its out of my ballpark. And when you try to sort their rare & antiquarian book section by price, you end up with a bunch of non-antiquarian books in the mix. So unless its a very specific book & author I'm looking for, its a bit frustrating to narrow down searches.

Yeah, I agree with this ^^. Best of luck on your searches!

Lowball me, get your more reasonable counter offer, disappear for 18 hours and then return with yet another lowball offer wherein you ask for free shipping but of course you can pay today.

Can someone please explain why “I can pay today” is even a thing? Why make an offer on something if you can’t? I know it happens and it is a thing. It just makes me crazy.

Oh and good morning!

Lowball me, get your more reasonable counter offer, disappear for 18 hours and then return with yet another lowball offer wherein you ask for free shipping but of course you can pay today.

Can someone please explain why “I can pay today” is even a thing? Why make an offer on something if you can’t? I know it happens and it is a thing. It just makes me crazy.

Oh and good morning!
I converted all my ebay listings to BIN with immediate pay required because I got sick of dealing with late payers or non-payers. If you don't have the money to buy something now, don't put in a binding offer!

So much for that.

I think that Jan/Feb are usually dead because people overspent during the holidays, or overspent during retailers' post-holiday sales, and are on self-imposed shopping bans. This happened for me last year and things picked up in March.

Reactions: anthrosphere