Ebay and Chanel...

Yes, I don't think ebay is that scary. I have (and I would again) buy Chanel from ebay, and have managed to acquire authentic items. Ebay is especially good for items that can no longer be found in store. The ladies in the "Authenticate this Chanel" thread are really helpful and knowledgeable. :smile: It would be difficult without them!
Also because I live in Sydney, and here we have a really limited and small range at the Chanel boutique and the prices are more expensive than elsewhere in the world (I believe).

I have favorite sellers saved so I check those daily. I don't think ebay needs to be scary, but it does require a great deal of research to figure out what sellers to trust what to look for etc.

I bought a chanel from personalshoppers too, and you can always post in authenticate this thread which I trust. There are tons of reputable sellers incluing some tpf members. You can also search the forum for past threads to check out a seller.

I look for reissues which are rare and hard to find in the boutiques anywhere.. That's why I usually check ebay. But besides that, I don't want to buy any Chanel Handbag not unless from someone I know from TPF. But if other brands, that I would rather buy cheaper than the original price, it's best to go on search on ebay but I need the help of fellow PFers to authenticate it first. :biggrin:

i have bought authentic chanel on ebay before, like others have said it just takes alot of time and research. alot of the clues to authenticity are in the photos. if the seller isnt showing absolutly everything, every angle, inside, outside, close up.... i also check their feedback adn the other items they are selling. and again, if the bag is selling for only 100$ or so... theres no way its real.

I have bought two Chanel bags off e-bay because I couldn't find them in the UK. I had them authenticated in this forum and luckily both are authentic (I have enough Chanel bags to tell the difference). I also recently bought the Chanel pearls with CC charms from Ebay too at a great price. These were authentic too and came in their original box with a tag. I think you can find great bargains and hard to find bags on ebay, but I can understand how a bad experience can put you off.

I think e-bay serves a purpose. I wouldn't buy a new bag from e-bay if I could buy it at a boutique or department store. But for a handbag that is no longer available in the stores e-bay is an option. You just have to do your homework and know what you are looking for. Then use the authenticate this section for educated opinions.

I have favorite sellers saved so I check those daily. I don't think ebay needs to be scary, but it does require a great deal of research to figure out what sellers to trust what to look for etc.

I bought a chanel from personalshoppers too, and you can always post in authenticate this thread which I trust. There are tons of reputable sellers incluing some tpf members. You can also search the forum for past threads to check out a seller.

I completely agree!

I have gotten some great deals on ebay on Chanel and other designer items! :tup:

but I have also bought from the Boutiques and Department Stores, just depends what is out there and at what price!

I like to watch items just to see if anything interesting pops up. But im still wary of ebay but im sure if the right hard-to-find chanel bag comes along, then after much investigation I will most likely bid/or buy.

I've purchased a couple Chanels from personalshoppers and I've authenticated her bags her on TPF.. She is really sweet and accomodating.

I do check ebay every day for this one bag I've been looking for forever and hope that it'll show up one day :smile: