Ebay and Chanel...

^are there a lot??? because i don't usually see them.. i haven't seen one actually...???

I don't look for reissue on ebay so I don't know if there is any or a lot. But I saw one lady standing right in front of me while I was waiting for my turn in a dry cleaning shop. She wore a grey reissue with silver chain on her shoulder. I was so close to her bag so I can see very poor stitching and the quilting looks ugly. I believe it's fake.

I'm new here, but I thought I'd give my 2cents, or 2000, in the case of Chanel.

I look daily at Personalshoppers, but although she carries lovely things, I think that her prices reflect those in the boutiques. Am I wrong?
DJeans also has nice things, and does discount. Right now he has a small pink caviar classic that is below that of RJC price. He also has the lamb. They are on the up and up and I'd trust them. Their communication is excellant as well.
Having said this, I am very scared of buying from anyone else. I wan to be corrected though, so please guide me to some other reputable sellers.
I do know this, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!
You ladies are sucha find! Polite, helpful. So glad that I found this forum.

If I have to buy from ebay, I am willing to pay higher price if the bag is authentic.

Personalshoppers makes a lot of money selling authentic bags on ebay for many years. She now has good reputation. If she ever sells a fake, I am sure many tpf will post her photos of fake bag here. This forum is like bag police. It's safe to buy from her. But I try to avoid buying from ebay if possible.

Oh, yes, personalshopper is very expensive. However, I have bought a cambon bag from her that I'm still happy with. A lot of times I really wonder how those sellers get their stocks and how they are able to sell new items below boutique price? Do they work at Chanel boutique? If that's the case, then the bags are 100% authentic. Any idea, anyone?

I look at Chanel on ebay every day and have my list of favorite sellers. Because I prefer older bags, online auctions are a good place to find them. I've bought close to 30 older chanel bags off ebay and only 4 of them were fake. In all cases, I returned the bag and got my money back.

I'm new here, but I thought I'd give my 2cents, or 2000, in the case of Chanel.

I look daily at Personalshoppers, but although she carries lovely things, I think that her prices reflect those in the boutiques. Am I wrong?
DJeans also has nice things, and does discount. Right now he has a small pink caviar classic that is below that of RJC price. He also has the lamb. They are on the up and up and I'd trust them. Their communication is excellant as well.
Having said this, I am very scared of buying from anyone else. I wan to be corrected though, so please guide me to some other reputable sellers.
I do know this, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!
You ladies are sucha find! Polite, helpful. So glad that I found this forum.

Yeah, I would only purchase from Reputable Ebay Sellers such as DGJeans which is located in Taiwan (which I think he / she comes to HK from time to time so I can tell him/her to meet me up here in HK so that I can check the handbag in person myself), RJC, PersonalShopper and Mon! :nuts: Besides that, I would never risk. I'd post it here first to authenticate before buying.

i have never bought from ebay but i'm not saying i never will. if i am looking for hard to find bags, i check the second hand stores here in hk mostly. but i guess that's what the authenticate thread is for, right? makes those who buy from ebay more confident that they're purchasing an authentic item. thank goodness for tpf!

I think Personalshoppers has a wonderful collection of Chanel bags but most of them are marked up at least 30% above RRP :sad: They are also not hard-to-find bags and most of the time can still be found in the boutiques if u ask your SA to do a search for you :yes: I enjoy looking at her pictures though :tender: I would gladly buy off ebay if the seller is a reputable one or if the seller herself is a legit PF member.. :yes: somehow that sets my mind at ease.. :yes: But that being said i would only turn to ebay if i am wanting the bag really badly and cant find it in the boutiques. ;)

I personally and very weary of buying on ebay. I did however, find a bag that was from an older collection that I was dying for and wasn't in the stores. I checked it out and it was authentic. I got it and I am so happy. Honestly though, I don't know if I'd do it again...

I always from ebay because here in australia stocks are limited and the bags I want can not be found here.:tdown:So far I've bought 5 bags from ebay, they are all authentic and i am very happy with my purchases!

^are there a lot??? because i don't usually see them.. i haven't seen one actually...???

Just curious to see if there is any fake reissue on ebay so I keep checking and found this one looks suspicious:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=290136696775&rd=1&rd=1

The style listed as 225 but dimension of the bag is exact same size as classic flap jumbo. The photo of made in stamp is stolen picture from eboutique (watermark at upper left). Made in stamp of authentic original 2.55 should be on the opposite of "2.55 - 2005".

Is this authentic reissue????? It's scary huh!

Hmmm ... I check every once in a while. Usually to find pictures and pricing info to show to Bf and educate him on what I like (ok ok HINTING would be the appropriate word). But no I don't think I would ever buy from ebay.

I haven't bought a Chanel bag from E-Bay but I have bought two Fendi Bags from E-Bay and both were authentic. It's really a gamble to buy from e-bay. I just bought a Dolce and Gabbana shirt and it was fake I told the seller and she refunded my money after I sent it back.