Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

Update: I dutifully applied three separate coats of stain/water resistant leather protector and began using my Florentine Russel in the color NATURAL.

Guess what: the bag has picked up scratches and dings and I....miraculously don't care!

There is really something to be said for mentally designating a bag as a "workhorse I refuse to baby" and sticking with that vow. Partly because I have a Flo Natural satchel I will continue to baby, i can mentally let go of neurotic attachment to the perfection of this tote bag.

Thank you both for your helpful feedback!
That's awesome, I hope you love her as she ages beautifully!

So with my trade-in letter coupon I was going to get something in the denim color. The Dooney rep told me that since the Cameron Satchel in denim was on pre-order until July my credit card would be billed then credited every 10 days until July...umm no thanks, imagine that headache...so I ended up getting the Dottie crossbody in pale blue with my trade-in letter AND for my birthday ( I'm turning the big 4-0) I got this beauty which came yesterday!! Can't tell you how beautiful the steel blue color is, its stunning! Will post pictures of Dottie when she gets here!!!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 276
So with my trade-in letter coupon I was going to get something in the denim color. The Dooney rep told me that since the Cameron Satchel in denim was on pre-order until July my credit card would be billed then credited every 10 days until July...umm no thanks, imagine that headache...so I ended up getting the Dottie crossbody in pale blue with my trade-in letter AND for my birthday ( I'm turning the big 4-0) I got this beauty which came yesterday!! Can't tell you how beautiful the steel blue color is, its stunning! Will post pictures of Dottie when she gets here!!!
Hi DD!
Every ten days until July? :whut: No thanks is right!
Your Birthday bag is beautiful! Happy soon to be 4-0! :drinks:

I went to the outlet today to buy my mom a wallet for her upcoming birthday. I found the wallet, but then I saw this..... Medium Hattie in natural with a natural wallet. She is smooth and perfect. I picked her up and carried her around then I just couldn't put her down. I have been drooling over the Hattie bags online since Dooney introduced them so I decided it was fate. So she came home with me [emoji173] [emoji173] . Even hubby said," Wow, that is a gorgeous bag. What a great color!!" [emoji7] View attachment 4358953
@BadWolf10 :wave:..,
Question for a fellow drawstring lover please. Do you use a bag organizer in your drawstrings? I’ve just taken advantage of the sale on dooney & ordered another drawstring, the Hattie in light taupe (mainly because it seems they are retiring that color) & I’ve accumulated a large number of drawstrings now. I’ve never found an organizer that will work for the drawstring shape, & I’m certain you’re aware of how stuff can be a challenge to find in these bags. Anyway, I was wondering since you love drawstrings too what if any organizer you use.
Anyone who has experience with an organizer that will fit in drawstrings please chime in! :smile:

She is gorgeous!

Reactions: debbiesdaughter
Question for a fellow drawstring lover please. Do you use a bag organizer in your drawstrings? I’ve just taken advantage of the sale on dooney & ordered another drawstring, the Hattie in light taupe (mainly because it seems they are retiring that color) & I’ve accumulated a large number of drawstrings now. I’ve never found an organizer that will work for the drawstring shape, & I’m certain you’re aware of how stuff can be a challenge to find in these bags. Anyway, I was wondering since you love drawstrings too what if any organizer you use.
Anyone who has experience with an organizer that will fit in drawstrings please chime in! [emoji2]
Congrats on your new Hattie on the way, you will love her. I don't use organizers, I find them cumbersome. I feel like I lose things in the pockets lol. But some of the ladies love them. I hope someone has some ideas for you :smile:

Reactions: Lilybarb
Anyone who has experience with an organizer that will fit in drawstrings please chime in! :smile:
LB: I use an organizer in many of my larger handbags.... but especially drawstrings and bucket bags. I find that a soft sided organizer works best in handbags where the base is not a typical rectangle. The organizer makes it easier to find things because otherwise they travel over the bottom of the bag. They do make organizers that are a strip of pockets that you can curve and conform to the shape of the bottom of a handbag. Then I guess you use bigger stuff in the middle, where there is not organizer, to keep the sides standing up. I haven't tried this kind of organizer. I use a nylon/mesh organizer from Ebay. It's soft and light and can be bent to fit the bottom of the bag. Then I can put some things in the organizer and some larger items around the outside between the organizer and the sides of the bag. I find this works very well. These nylon/mesh organizers are very inexpensive and come in several sizes. I use one, but I suppose you could use 2 smaller ones in a drawstring if you liked the organization of the space better that way.

BTW, these organizers are also good in hobo bags to keep your stuff in place. Some ladies don't mind if their things travel within their handbags. I prefer to know exactly where something will be when I reach for it.
These days lots of ladies uses pouches instead of organizers. It's just a different technique. I switch depending upon the handbag design.Larger handbags will accommodate either an organizer or pouches. Smaller handbags may work better with one or the other, depending upon size and shape of the bag, the organizer, and your stuff. I find that several, smaller pouches work best in smaller handbags.

Congrats on your new Hattie on the way, you will love her. I don't use organizers, I find them cumbersome. I feel like I lose things in the pockets lol. But some of the ladies love them. I hope someone has some ideas for you :smile:
Thank you @BadWolf10. I kept holding out on ordering a Hattie because of the logo lock attached to the strap. I kept hoping DB would take those off, but I didn’t want to lose the opportunity to own one in light taupe so I went ahead & ordered & will hopefully find a leather shop willing to remove it for me.

Reactions: BadWolf10
Thank you @BadWolf10. I kept holding out on ordering a Hattie because of the logo lock attached to the strap. I kept hoping DB would take those off, but I didn’t want to lose the opportunity to own one in light taupe so I went ahead & ordered & will hopefully find a leather shop willing to remove it for me.
So far I havent had any issues with the logo lock. Some reviewers seemed to have trouble but so far I haven't had any problems. I hope you love her!

LB: I use an organizer in many of my larger handbags.... but especially drawstrings and bucket bags. I find that a soft sided organizer works best in handbags where the base is not a typical rectangle. The organizer makes it easier to find things because otherwise they travel over the bottom of the bag. They do make organizers that are a strip of pockets that you can curve and conform to the shape of the bottom of a handbag. Then I guess you use bigger stuff in the middle, where there is not organizer, to keep the sides standing up. I haven't tried this kind of organizer. I use a nylon/mesh organizer from Ebay. It's soft and light and can be bent to fit the bottom of the bag. Then I can put some things in the organizer and some larger items around the outside between the organizer and the sides of the bag. I find this works very well. These nylon/mesh organizers are very inexpensive and come in several sizes. I use one, but I suppose you could use 2 smaller ones in a drawstring if you liked the organization of the space better that way.

BTW, these organizers are also good in hobo bags to keep your stuff in place. Some ladies don't mind if their things travel within their handbags. I prefer to know exactly where something will be when I reach for it.
These days lots of ladies uses pouches instead of organizers. It's just a different technique. I switch depending upon the handbag design.Larger handbags will accommodate either an organizer or pouches. Smaller handbags may work better with one or the other, depending upon size and shape of the bag, the organizer, and your stuff. I find that several, smaller pouches work best in smaller handbags.
LJ would you be willing to attach a link or screen shot the Ebay item? I'm curious about the liner. If it worked well it would protect my leather lining. You always have such great ideas and info I would love to see it.

[emoji2]

I have not used an organizer, but I use an extra Dooney accessory bag to keep things organized. Some are the extras from QVC purchases they use to entice buyers. My bag stays organized with a D&B wallet and a cosmetic bag. I purchased the large coin purse as an extra cosmetic bag in black (it hold three items). It was only $29.00 in one of the 12 Dooney Days sale. The purchase was years ago and looks brand new.

I had a drawstring bag (since given to a friend), but this worked for me.

Reactions: BadWolf10

That bag and color is stunning! Hope your birthday was very happy.

I have not used an organizer, but I use an extra Dooney accessory bag to keep things organized. Some are the extras from QVC purchases they use to entice buyers. My bag stays organized with a D&B wallet and a cosmetic bag. I purchased the large coin purse as an extra cosmetic bag in black (it hold three items). It was only $29.00 in one of the 12 Dooney Days sale. The purchase was years ago and looks brand new.

That's a great idea. I have 2 small cosmetic bags I never use. One was a free with purchase the other is a Disney princess I purchased on eBay. I will give that a try!

@G.Allyn, thanks for chiming in! :smile:
Oh yessss I do love my pouches & cosmetic bags & things (pics of some are somewhere in the show us your Dooneys thread) & I use quite a few of those with large bags (Flynn, med Flo) but lately I’ve yearned to go back to organizers. I have 3 rectangular ones on the small size, which don’t fit the drawstring.