Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

Received the navy Cameron today. It’s not as smooth as some of my other Florentines, but I’m still pleased with it. What I’m not thrilled with, is that I received another white dust bag.....for navy leather. Must be a return where someone kept the original blue one.
She's beautiful!:loveeyes: If I hadn't downsized, the Cameron satchel would either be on my wishlist or in my closet. I love the shape of the bag and the Florentine leather. I'm still thinking about the Cameron Florentine CBB. But I wish it had handles like my Dillen CBB so I could hand carry it also.
I wonder if white bags are replacing the old blue bags? :confused1:

Reactions: Sunshine mama
She's beautiful!:loveeyes: If I hadn't downsized, the Cameron satchel would either be on my wishlist or in my closet. I love the shape of the bag and the Florentine leather. I'm still thinking about the Cameron Florentine CBB. But I wish it had handles like my Dillen CBB so I could hand carry it also.
I wonder if white bags are replacing the old blue bags? :confused1:
@MrsKC - Thank you!!!

@RuedeNesle - Thank you too!! I have a cb Cameron in ginger I think - it’s been so long since I’ve seen it - but it is a really nice shape & size. They should really put those little connectors on all their cbs so we could have an option to put wider straps on. And you pick out the prettiest straps Rue!
I dragged my feet on the Cameron satchel because I was afraid it would be as small as the zip zip, but its shape makes a big difference!
Regarding the dust bags - Oh I hope they’re not swapping over! The white ones seem to have a rougher texture than the blue. Then that old problem of color fade, in this case the opposite of the blue onto light color leather, it will be white onto dark leather.
I really would think the white are just replacement bags due to the ill fit of the one that arrived with my strawberry Cooper. It was really a bad fit for that bag.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
I went to the outlet today to buy my mom a wallet for her upcoming birthday. I found the wallet, but then I saw this..... Medium Hattie in natural with a natural wallet. She is smooth and perfect. I picked her up and carried her around then I just couldn't put her down. I have been drooling over the Hattie bags online since Dooney introduced them so I decided it was fate. So she came home with me [emoji173] [emoji173] . Even hubby said," Wow, that is a gorgeous bag. What a great color!!" [emoji7] 20190302_142214.jpg

I went to the outlet today to buy my mom a wallet for her upcoming birthday. I found the wallet, but then I saw this..... Medium Hattie in natural with a natural wallet. She is smooth and perfect. I picked her up and carried her around then I just couldn't put her down. I have been drooling over the Hattie bags online since Dooney introduced them so I decided it was fate. So she came home with me [emoji173] [emoji173] . Even hubby said," Wow, that is a gorgeous bag. What a great color!!" [emoji7] View attachment 4358953
It attached to your arm & wouldn’t turn lose! :giggle:
Great find! So, so smooth!

Reactions: BadWolf10
I went to the outlet today to buy my mom a wallet for her upcoming birthday. I found the wallet, but then I saw this..... Medium Hattie in natural with a natural wallet. She is smooth and perfect. I picked her up and carried her around then I just couldn't put her down. I have been drooling over the Hattie bags online since Dooney introduced them so I decided it was fate. So she came home with me [emoji173] [emoji173] . Even hubby said," Wow, that is a gorgeous bag. What a great color!!" [emoji7] View attachment 4358953
Natural Florentine can be addictive. Congratulations on your find. Enjoy your new beauty.

Reactions: BadWolf10
I always thought I liked chestnut better, but the natural really spoke to me today. So many more highs and lows in the color of the leather. I can see how this might be addictive.
Sometimes seeing a specific handbag/wallet in person in a color, makes all the difference. I think the natural Florentine is the color most 'unique' (and special) to Florentine. Natural never looks the same (or as good) in other leathers, while you can find the other colors in other leathers and look beautiful also.
Some women have multiple styles of Florentine handbags all in the natural color.
I think natural color Florentine is rich and beautiful..... and tans, browns, beiges are not my first choice or comfort zone in color! And yes, I too own more than one natural Florentine handbag, because they are so beautiful.

I went to the outlet today to buy my mom a wallet for her upcoming birthday. I found the wallet, but then I saw this..... Medium Hattie in natural with a natural wallet. She is smooth and perfect. I picked her up and carried her around then I just couldn't put her down. I have been drooling over the Hattie bags online since Dooney introduced them so I decided it was fate. So she came home with me [emoji173] [emoji173] . Even hubby said," Wow, that is a gorgeous bag. What a great color!!"

It is so appealing to the eyes, as Natural always is. Lavenderjunkie is correct that Florentine in Natural makes fans of the most unlikely people, including people who otherwise dislike neutrals (me), who dislike and/or look bad wearing warm colors (me and me), and who are terrified of Natural Flo's dynamic texture and exposed nature.

The last one has been my biggest stumbling block (given that staring at Natural Flo for long enough overcame my other objections).

I only owned one Natural Flo for a while because the effort of babying it from the 500-odd things that can mar Natural Flo was too exhausting to consider adding another to my collection. I promised I'd never buy another Natural Flo.

Well. A few weeks ago I finally broke my vow, and I decided I might as well go whole hog and get one of the largest possible canvases of Natural flo to sully: a large tote bag done entirely in silky smooth Natural Florentine (Russel).

It has been sitting in its box waiting for me to find the 1.5 hours needed to apply and dry multiple coats of water-protective leather cream. I have mentally designated it as the "Natural Flo bag I'm allowed to let get beaten-up looking." I am giving myself permission to use it when the weather forecast has anything more than 0% chance of rain, to not carry a plastic bag to wrap it in should drops fall, to not obsessively rub out every scratch it inevitably attracts, and to touch the handles even soon after washing them.

Can you or others share your thought process when you decide to buy a bag in Natural Florentine?

When you saw your Hattie in Natural, what thoughts, if any, about caring for Natural Flo ran through your head? Did you buy it for its beauty with the knowledge that you would take every measure to try to preserve that beauty, or did you assume and accept that it wouldn't remain the same in looks after you bought and used it?

[Others are welcome to respond!].

It is so appealing to the eyes, as Natural always is. Lavenderjunkie is correct that Florentine in Natural makes fans of the most unlikely people, including people who otherwise dislike neutrals (me), who dislike and/or look bad wearing warm colors (me and me), and who are terrified of Natural Flo's dynamic texture and exposed nature.

The last one has been my biggest stumbling block (given that staring at Natural Flo for long enough overcame my other objections).

I only owned one Natural Flo for a while because the effort of babying it from the 500-odd things that can mar Natural Flo was too exhausting to consider adding another to my collection. I promised I'd never buy another Natural Flo.

Well. A few weeks ago I finally broke my vow, and I decided I might as well go whole hog and get one of the largest possible canvases of Natural flo to sully: a large tote bag done entirely in silky smooth Natural Florentine (Russel).

It has been sitting in its box waiting for me to find the 1.5 hours needed to apply and dry multiple coats of water-protective leather cream. I have mentally designated it as the "Natural Flo bag I'm allowed to let get beaten-up looking." I am giving myself permission to use it when the weather forecast has anything more than 0% chance of rain, to not carry a plastic bag to wrap it in should drops fall, to not obsessively rub out every scratch it inevitably attracts, and to touch the handles even soon after washing them.

Can you or others share your thought process when you decide to buy a bag in Natural Florentine?

When you saw your Hattie in Natural, what thoughts, if any, about caring for Natural Flo ran through your head? Did you buy it for its beauty with the knowledge that you would take every measure to try to preserve that beauty, or did you assume and accept that it wouldn't remain the same in looks after you bought and used it?

DD: I had to smile when I read your post. I could have written most of it. The way I deal with any light color Florentine leather is to check the weather and baby the heck out of the bag. I don't condition or water proof in advance (I'm afraid of damaging the leather). I spend a lot of time looking at the natural leather in the safety of my home. After I've owned it for a while and it's no long new, then I take it out and enjoy it.... carefully. It's a love/love/love/hate thing. But aside from black, navy, and Tmoro, I feel that way about all Florentine leather. And don't even ask me about all the Alto bags I have in the closet. They will last forever, in perfect condition because I'm too careful to use them too often. :smile:

I actually didn't even consider how to care for it, lol. I have one other florentine bag in chestnut and I have used it in rain or shine and she has a nice patina and shine to her. So i guess i just assumed Hattie will too. I plan on allowing her to age and change as the leather does. I guess if i knew we were having a particularly rainy day I might leave her in her dust bag but I plan on carrying her whenever the mood strikes. I am careful with my bags, I don't throw them around or bang them up, but I don't always think about the weather either. Florentine ages so nicely I just figure it will eventually have a beautiful patina.

Just wanted some advice on this color, trying to make a decision...is this color called denim??View attachment 4361322
DD: that looks like the Amelie in Florentine leather. The denim color is a lovely mid-tone blue. On a color scale it's one drop toward green undertones vs. purple undertones. But you can't tell that unless you compare it to a range of other colors. If you like the style, I wouldn't hesitate about the color.... it's a beautiful color and also goes with many other clothing colors...easily. So I would consider the denim color from Dooney a neutral color for a handbag.
Colors look slightly different in different leathers, but the denim color is good in every leather.