Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

I have the pembrook cameron satchel and I love it. It is a roomy bag that appears smedium from the exterior. I'm not bothered by the lack of an outer pocket. Because the cameron is a bit stiff, I leave her unzipped while shopping for easy accessibility; quick access to my cell phone and other items. Hopes this helps.
I looked up the pembrooke - it is a lovely bag!! I’m sorry, I should have been more precise. I was referring to the florentine Cameron. I want one but fear it may be too small.
Thank you for the fast response!!

I looked up the pembrooke - it is a lovely bag!! I’m sorry, I should have been more precise. I was referring to the florentine Cameron. I want one but fear it may be too small.
Thank you for the fast response!!
Hi Lilybarb, I've tried on the florentine cameron at the outlet and consider both bags equal. Based on Dooney's measurements, they are the same size. I am a medium to large handbag girl but still find the cameron to be the perfect size handbag (and I really enjoy this bag). Typically I carry my glass case, large wallet, lipsticks, galaxy S8+ cell phone, fine fragrance mist bottles, body cream, and plenty other items in my cameron. I have even broke my "no water bottle in purse" rule by placing a 16oz bottle of water in the cameron. Hope this helps with your decision. I don't think you will regret buying the florentine cameron.

Hi Lilybarb, I've tried on the florentine cameron at the outlet and consider both bags equal. Based on Dooney's measurements, they are the same size. I am a medium to large handbag girl but still find the cameron to be the perfect size handbag (and I really enjoy this bag). Typically I carry my glass case, large wallet, lipsticks, galaxy S8+ cell phone, fine fragrance mist bottles, body cream, and plenty other items in my cameron. I have even broke my "no water bottle in purse" rule by placing a 16oz bottle of water in the cameron. Hope this helps with your decision. I don't think you will regret buying the florentine cameron.
Bby, thanks for the details! That sounds like a lot more stuff than could fit inside a zip zip, or you’re a master packer lol. I love a Cooper size bag, which is pretty large.
I dunno...tho if it (flo cameron) goes on sale in steel blue or navy now, it will probably be mine since you said I’d like it ;) :smile:.

@aerinha :wave: I noticed no one has answered your question yet - wish they would! :smile:
Do you really like your Cameron satchel (tho you say it hasn’t been carried yet). I am trying to get a handle on how it compares to a zip zip, which I find too small. The Cameron looks sooo pretty in the Dooney pics (of course!) & “appears” larger than the zip zip. Wish I could find a photo or video comparison.
What do you think?

I like it to look at lol. Just not sure how she will carry and it’s keeping me from buying a color I’ve had my eye on for a while.

Reactions: Lilybarb
Lavenderjunkie, I'll try to explain the color by comparing the charcoal to florentine elephant. Unlike elephant, charcoal is similar to steel gray. IRL there is a distinct difference between the florentine elephant and the charcoal undertones. I see blue undertones in the charcoal, whereas with elephant I see brown and pinkish red undertones. Hopefully the additional pictures of charcoal will illustrate better than I can explain. I think the second picture is more true to color, however it is not true to color. View attachment 4265103 View attachment 4265104
Thanks. That is very helpful. Enjoy your new Dooney treasures.

Has anyone carried their cameron satchel, the big one with rings attaching the handles to the bag, yet? I own one in black Florentine but haven’t carried it yet and am considering one in a color I adore. Just curious if the lack of exterior slip pcoket was a big prob?

Tried out a Cameron Satchel medium in store today and loved it, I've tried packing it with the same stuff as I pack in my MCM medium tote and it fits! I carry 2 decent size pouches (one for make up and the other electronics) and they fit without being over stuffed. I have a small wallet that fits into either slip pockets and then the dooney coin case that fits either slip pocket as well. However, I did want to downsize my make up pouch because I want to be able to fit my personal size agenda inside when I need to and/or my sony a6000. Very roomy bag with out looking too bulky. I find it just right. My only gripe is the crossbody strap/regular strap. I feel like for my height I'd like one more hole added to adjust it to a smaller size when the extender is attached. I can post pictures of what fits inside later?

Tried out a Cameron Satchel medium in store today and loved it, I've tried packing it with the same stuff as I pack in my MCM medium tote and it fits! I carry 2 decent size pouches (one for make up and the other electronics) and they fit without being over stuffed. I have a small wallet that fits into either slip pockets and then the dooney coin case that fits either slip pocket as well. However, I did want to downsize my make up pouch because I want to be able to fit my personal size agenda inside when I need to and/or my sony a6000. Very roomy bag with out looking too bulky. I find it just right. My only gripe is the crossbody strap/regular strap. I feel like for my height I'd like one more hole added to adjust it to a smaller size when the extender is attached. I can post pictures of what fits inside later?
Looking forward to your pics!!:happydance:

Normally everything that I’ve receive from Dooney.com is in pristine condition. The navy toggle crossbody arrived (2 days early) & as I tore into the box the first thing I noticed was no packing material. Uh-oh. Then I saw the plastic wrapping wasn’t sealed, the bag was not stuffed. Big uh-oh. I got no dustbag. The bag has been used, and abused. Man did I get lemon. It actually looks (sadly) worse than the pics as I didn’t bother to photo all the bangs & bruises. One half of the bag came from 1 cow, the other half from a different cow. There’s an actual CUT in the leather of the top fold. CALLED Dooney. They waived shipping. I’ll swap & try again - in steel blue. Newer color, perhaps less chance of getting a return (maybe). Bummed.
Please excuse my loading 1 pic at a time but for some technical reason beyond my understanding, if I load more than 1 photo per post, unrelated pics in my photos upload with them.

Attachments

• F69815B3-0796-4AE0-9FD0-923D863E7C65.jpeg
    F69815B3-0796-4AE0-9FD0-923D863E7C65.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 233