Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

I just...how? I can see someone there not noticing seam pulling, and two textures on one bag is just one of those things maybe, but how does whoever intakes returns not notice the cut, corner bruising/rubbing and lack of packaging..?
There’s no way they didn’t notice, right? So either the people who physically process returns see but aren’t empowered to remove that bag from the retail ‘stream’, OR they are able to remove bags but have a REALLY high tolerance level for what ‘shouldn’t go back in the hopper’. You read Dooney site reviews mentioning finding gum wrappers in pockets, etc.
I ‘expect’ this from QVC but...:huh:

Do you guys think they intentionally play the odds and resend that bag out till someone either doesn’t notice or isn’t displeased enough to send back? Is this a deliberate strategy to minimize shrinkage?
If so, I wonder what the cutoff point is to finally remove the bag from inventory and what do they do with it.
(Go to a discounter, go up for deep discount to employees, destroyed and written off, etc)

Honestly, if some of the wear & tear here REALLY ‘escapes their eye’ they’re either processing way too many returns for the number of employees handling it and some hiring is in order or the employees need retraining.
It doesn’t seem to happen constantly by any means, but it DOES happen a lot, especially with QVC, and if I were D&B I would stay on top of the Q in that regard. There ARE a lot of classless people out there using a bag for a month or two and returning it, and Dooney, you shouldn’t want that bag going to someone new to Dooney because they will assume YOU are classless, not Betty Sue who dines and dashes (but with bags).
I hope you get a new beautiful bag...:annoyed:

Normally everything that I’ve receive from Dooney.com is in pristine condition. The navy toggle crossbody arrived (2 days early) & as I tore into the box the first thing I noticed was no packing material. Uh-oh. Then I saw the plastic wrapping wasn’t sealed, the bag was not stuffed. Big uh-oh. I got no dustbag. The bag has been used, and abused. Man did I get lemon. It actually looks (sadly) worse than the pics as I didn’t bother to photo all the bangs & bruises. One half of the bag came from 1 cow, the other half from a different cow. There’s an actual CUT in the leather of the top fold. CALLED Dooney. They waived shipping. I’ll swap & try again - in steel blue. Newer color, perhaps less chance of getting a return (maybe). Bummed.
Please excuse my loading 1 pic at a time but for some technical reason beyond my understanding, if I load more than 1 photo per post, unrelated pics in my photos upload with them.
Lilybarb, so sorry for you. I know what it is like to anticipate a new bag but only to be disappointed after the unboxing. About a month ago I ordered a small florentine ginger satchel from Dooney. I really wanted that bag and was even excited to hit "submit order." When that bag arrived to me, unwrapped and worn, I was disappointed and angry with Dooney for sending me a used bag. Of course it was a sold-out bag, so there was no reorder. I returned the bag, but lo and behold after my return was delivered and refund processed, I noticed Dooney had a small ginger florentine satchel in stock. Was this my return? More than likely! I'm not sure how Dooney decides which returns are elgible resales, but your experience and my experience is evident Quality Control is lacking. So, here's to hoping Dooney sends you a pristine bag, beautiful, and flawless:drinks:!

Reactions: Lilybarb
So sorry you got a lemon too. I put too much trust in Dooney. Live & learn. That toggle wow - I mean the pics don’t show how utterly BAD that bag looks. It’s ready to ship back today. Like Dooneysta said, it isn’t a surprise to receive used bags from QVC, & it doesn’t surprise me to receive a defective one from ILD (personally I believe ILD’s are gently used or overstock because ILD & Dooney use the same till) but this is a disappointing first from Dooney.com. Hopefully the last, but the joy of ordering is chipped. Probably a good thing for my wallet (my Dooney wallet lol).

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I just...how? I can see someone there not noticing seam pulling, and two textures on one bag is just one of those things maybe, but how does whoever intakes returns not notice the cut, corner bruising/rubbing and lack of packaging..?
There’s no way they didn’t notice, right? So either the people who physically process returns see but aren’t empowered to remove that bag from the retail ‘stream’, OR they are able to remove bags but have a REALLY high tolerance level for what ‘shouldn’t go back in the hopper’. You read Dooney site reviews mentioning finding gum wrappers in pockets, etc.

Do you guys think they intentionally play the odds and resend that bag out till someone either doesn’t notice or isn’t displeased enough to send back? Is this a deliberate strategy to minimize shrinkage?
If so, I wonder what the cutoff point is to finally remove the bag from inventory and what do they do with it.
(Go to a discounter, go up for deep discount to employees, destroyed and written off, etc)

Honestly, if some of the wear & tear here REALLY ‘escapes their eye’ they’re either processing way too many returns for the number of employees handling it and some hiring is in order or the employees need retraining.
It doesn’t seem to happen constantly by any means, but it DOES happen a lot, especially with QVC, and if I were D&B I would stay on top of the Q in that regard. There ARE a lot of classless people out there using a bag for a month or two and returning it, and Dooney, you shouldn’t want that bag going to someone new to Dooney because they will assume YOU are classless, not Betty Sue who dines and dashes (but with bags).
I don't think the bags are carefully inspected. And I think this is a problem with many companies, including QVC, in the processing of returns. The workers don't have the time or the training. Whether it's a corporate decision not to invest money in this area or just the result of trying to keep costs down where ever possible, I don't know.
Even on brand new items out of a factory, these days only a certain % of items are inspected. Gone are the days where quality control inspects each and every piece.

Here’s the cut.
Hi LB! :hugs:
I cannot believe this bag made it past Quality Control. (Sadly, I do believe it, I just don't want to.) With the rush of holiday shopping my fear is more bags like this will slip through. I hope you weren't looking forward to using it for a special occasion before you're able to exchange or replace it.
Thanks for sharing this with us. It's a warning check our bags carefully as soon as we receive them. The inside too!

Honestly, if some of the wear & tear here REALLY ‘escapes their eye’ they’re either processing way too many returns for the number of employees handling it and some hiring is in or the employees need retraining.
Hi D! :wave:
I hear stories about Amazon, Instacart and other shipping services that put their employees on tight time frames. A friend's daughter worked for Instacart and she had 46 seconds to put each item in her cart. Can you imagine someone with only 46 seconds per item shopping for your fruits and vegetables? There's no time to pick for the "best". And if they can't find a desired item fast enough they just say it was out of stock. What difference does it make how long they shop, unless they are taking excessively long? She stopped working for Instatcart because of the time pressure.

And I heard (cannot confirm) Amazon is the same way. Once an employee receives an order the clock starts and they have to get the complete shipment done under a certain amount of time. My sister received a toaster from amazon. The outside packaging was fine, and so was the manufacturer's box. But when she opened the box, it looked like someone stepped on the toaster! It was completely dented in on the sides. Who would put a toaster in a box like that? That would be the manufacturer's fault, I think. Amazon just shipped the box. They probably don't open every box to make sure the product is flawless because they don't have time. But they should make time.

If Dooney is under similar time constraints, an employee may overlook flaws because their job depends on how quickly they can get an order shipped, not how pristine the item is. As excited as I always am to receive my items, I'd rather wait an extra day or two if it means I get an item without flaws and I don't have to hassle with returning it.

I don't think the bags are carefully inspected. And I think this is a problem with many companies, including QVC, in the processing of returns. The workers don't have the time or the training. Whether it's a corporate decision not to invest money in this area or just the result of trying to keep costs down where ever possible, I don't know.
Even on brand new items out of a factory, these days only a certain % of items are inspected. Gone are the days where quality control inspects each and every piece.
Hi LJ!:smile:
Good point! If you haven't been trained on what a flawless bag should look like, how would you know? And you're right about bags from the factory. QC should inspect those before they go to QVC or elsewhere.

My funny QVC shipping story: In 2004, I ordered luggage from QVC with expedited shipping for a trip. When the box arrived it was.......a vacuum cleaner! I called CS and she kept asking me if I was sure it was a vacuum cleaner, like I can't tell the difference between a vacuum cleaner and a suitcase. :roflmfao: (She wasn't condescending or rude, she was just in shock, like I was.) She re-ordered the luggage with free next day shipping and notified UPS to bring a label to return the vacuum cleaner.

@RuedeNesle, 46 seconds? Wow. That reminds me of Lucy & Ethel on the candy line. :biggrin:
The toggle bag they sent me SHOULD have been TRASHED when whoever had it last returned it. I’m cutting Dooney no slack on that mess.
Thankfully no, it wasn’t part of an ensemble. Now it will be a post Christmas Christmas present.
Have a great day Rue! I’m off to the dentist - yucko!

@RuedeNesle, 46 seconds? Wow. That reminds me of Lucy & Ethel on the candy line. :biggrin:
The toggle bag they sent me SHOULD have been TRASHED when whoever had it last returned it. I’m cutting Dooney no slack on that mess.
Thankfully no, it wasn’t part of an ensemble. Now it will be a post Christmas Christmas present.
Have a great day Rue! I’m off to the dentist - yucko!
YES! Lucy and Ethel! :roflmfao:
You have a great day too! (Despite the trip to the Dentist office.:biggrin:)