Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

I got a new, well, pre-loved, one on Mercari. It cost $80, because, I guess, of the little water stain on the side. It's in mustard and it's smooth and shiny and gorgeous. Well, I think so.
32254446920_78e51f0510_c.jpg
32634010685_ea4f70db09_c.jpg
32254445850_5364beec3a_c.jpg
dsTf]
32254445380_dd40525270_c.jpg

And then there were three
32254447500_8ffd7ee4b2_c.jpg

Totally envious of your bags (and phone :biggrin:)!

I've been so "good" lately and in a month I've added a few to my collection. Lol. I got an overnight bag from QVC and then from a FB group, I bought a Dooney Reggata bag and this little lady - a Florentine Russel Tote. (I think?) The seller called it a satchel but I found it to be a Small Russel. There is water damage as disclosed. Which is probably a colored liquid that stained. I still love it! But I will try to clean, condition and seal it. You can see the marks in the close-up shot.
(And don't mind my co-worker's mirror marks. Lol.)

Attachments

• IMG_20170203_110241.jpg
    IMG_20170203_110241.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_20170203_110554.jpg
    IMG_20170203_110554.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_20170203_110718.jpg
    IMG_20170203_110718.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 457
I've been so "good" lately and in a month I've added a few to my collection. Lol. I got an overnight bag from QVC and then from a FB group, I bought a Dooney Reggata bag and this little lady - a Florentine Russel Tote. (I think?) The seller called it a satchel but I found it to be a Small Russel. There is water damage as disclosed. Which is probably a colored liquid that stained. I still love it! But I will try to clean, condition and seal it. You can see the marks in the close-up shot.

I love this!! The Pom looks great with it too!

She looks very good on you. Looks perfect with your outfit!
I think you will be able to make her look like new. I've found that moisturizer does wonders!

I'd love to hear some thoughts from those of you who love Dooney Florentine!
I bought this small florentine satchel in natural, and while I love the leather.. I'm wondering about the pebbled texture and some pretty significant wrinkling in one of the handles. I know that some of the bags will have some pebbles as it depends on the actual hide that is used, but I've seen so many florentines that have that smooth leather. This one just seems too pebbled to me! I also wondering about the wrinkling in the handle since it seems like it would be something that would happen after lots of use, but this one is new and it's only on one of the handles. Do you think I should exchange this bag or keep it? I'd be taking a gamble as I purchased this online and not in person, so I may just get another bag with the same characteristics. I do think it's beautiful, but I haven't seen other bags with as much pebbling and wrinkled handles. Maybe I'm being too picky! Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_1596.JPG
    IMG_1596.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 380
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Honestly, it is all about preference. I prefer smooth but have loved some that are pebbled. You sound disenchanted so that may tell you something already. You could always order another and hope it is more to your liking. If it were me, that's what I would do.

Hi Bob! Good to see you. I've always loved the clean look of the small Russel. She looks great on you! Yes maybe with some conditioning you can blend that in. Enjoy! [emoji4]

I'd love to hear some thoughts from those of you who love Dooney Florentine!
I bought this small florentine satchel in natural, and while I love the leather.. I'm wondering about the pebbled texture and some pretty significant wrinkling in one of the handles. I know that some of the bags will have some pebbles as it depends on the actual hide that is used, but I've seen so many florentines that have that smooth leather. This one just seems too pebbled to me! I also wondering about the wrinkling in the handle since it seems like it would be something that would happen after lots of use, but this one is new and it's only on one of the handles. Do you think I should exchange this bag or keep it? I'd be taking a gamble as I purchased this online and not in person, so I may just get another bag with the same characteristics. I do think it's beautiful, but I haven't seen other bags with as much pebbling and wrinkled handles. Maybe I'm being too picky! Thoughts?

Hi, I agree with YD. I also prefer my Florentine to be smooth. I do t mind a little light texture, but that line is almost like a crease. I did get one bag that looked similar to yours but it was even a little more textured with a few different textures and a line across the front. I returned it and ended up getting one that was as smooth as could be. I think if you have any doubts it might be worth an exchange. It will be a bag you'll potentially have for a long time. You should be happy with it 100%. Good luck. [emoji4]

Honestly, it is all about preference. I prefer smooth but have loved some that are pebbled. You sound disenchanted so that may tell you something already. You could always order another and hope it is more to your liking. If it were me, that's what I would do.
I have to agree with YD. I have both pebbled and smooth Florentine. It depends upon how it looks on a particular handbag. In general, the pebbled will show far fewer scratches, but I prefer the smooth most of the time. If you have your heart set on a smooth or a certain look, then you should wait until go can find that one and return this one. It's an expensive handbag, so unless it was a on a great sale, you shouldn't have to compromise.

Hi Bob! Good to see you. I've always loved the clean look of the small Russel. She looks great on you! Yes maybe with some conditioning you can blend that in. Enjoy! [emoji4]
Hey!! It's been awhile. I keep having app issues and don't get in here enough. Should be good now. How's it all going?? And I wasn't familiar with this Russel style. The Florentine is what drew me. But so roomy and clean style. You're right. I'm liking her so far. Going to test out the stuff I bought to see if I can jazz her up. I love the natural Flo but they're the hardest to keep. I still never take out my Flo Natural Satchel. I'm a scaredy cat. Lol. I was using my Taupe Flo Satchel and got green tea water marks on it. I can't. Lol.