Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

That small Dixon Florentine bag really bought my eye. I really like it. I see that you cancelled your order though. I'm going to wait for it to get to the outlet though. I'd like to try it on too.

The bone had me drooling, but contact with jeans scared me off. If I ever get one black or chestnut would be my pick.

Glad you are back MJ. I've been thinking about you. When you get to the outlet you will be able to compare styles and sizes and be more certain. Measurements on Dooney are often wrong, and QVC measures differently than Dooney does, adding to the confusion. Another thing to think about... Flo is a heavier, thicker leather. That makes a cross body bag heavier... I know, I have one. Sometimes a lighter pebbled leather works better in the cross body style for me.
Glad to see you back!! I hope you are resting and healing well.

I agree with LJ , the measurements on the website can be off.... good idea to see it IRL if you can.

My thoughts exactly. I was loving the navy and chestnut. I'll keep my eye out for it. I'm staying away from the outlet though. Too much temptation for my no buy. [emoji51]

I almost call them at lunch today but remembered I just bought a bunch of bags and a vintage ring off ebay. I forgot about the navy, I liked that too.

Reactions: Twoboyz
Adding the florentine Elisa in natural to the clubhouse. Style No. 8L283.

86375904-92aa-4d4e-8e99-8db550c5aada_zpsnizpfnck.jpg

I just ordered this bag and came looking for a pic ! I can't see it though ! :sad: can you post the pic again , PLEASE ?!

I purchased a pre-loved bag, but noticed a few things that I'm wondering about. Again, I'm not sure if I'm being too critical or if these are just normal characteristics of the florentine satchel or if I'm just inspecting the bag too closely. I noticed that there is wear/crinkling of the piping at the bag's opening. It just doesn't look like it's sewed all that well. It also seems like the suede peeks out at the edges a bit more when the top is folded down. The suede on one side of the bag also peeks out beyond the leather itself.
The base of the bag also has some stitches that look like they're pulling apart.. not that they would break at this moment, but I'm sure with use and time that they would. I did get this bag at a bit of a discount, but it wasn't anything like 50% off. Do I let these things go and keep it or try to buy another at potentially full price with perhaps other defects? Does Dooney repair these things? Are they even issues or are they normal with some use? Thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

• IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_1630.JPG
    IMG_1630.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_1632.JPG
    IMG_1632.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I purchased a pre-loved bag, but noticed a few things that I'm wondering about. Again, I'm not sure if I'm being too critical or if these are just normal characteristics of the florentine satchel or if I'm just inspecting the bag too closely. I noticed that there is wear/crinkling of the piping at the bag's opening. It just doesn't look like it's sewed all that well. It also seems like the suede peeks out at the edges a bit more when the top is folded down. The suede on one side of the bag also peeks out beyond the leather itself.
The base of the bag also has some stitches that look like they're pulling apart.. not that they would break at this moment, but I'm sure with use and time that they would. I did get this bag at a bit of a discount, but it wasn't anything like 50% off. Do I let these things go and keep it or try to buy another at potentially full price with perhaps other defects? Does Dooney repair these things? Are they even issues or are they normal with some use? Thanks in advance for your input!

Hi, I checked my two satchels. It also looks like the suede and leather peek a little out of the Florentine leather. I think it's probably normal. I would be concerned however with the stitching that looks loose. I think that is probably something Dooney can fix but for a price. You might want to call them and ask about what repairs they can do and how much they would cost. I hope this helps.

This is my Florentine Satchel with the suede. Here are both sides.

IMG_1486826826.984693.jpg
IMG_1486826839.990793.jpg

Here is my made in America Florentine Satchel with the smooth leather lining instead of suede.

IMG_1486826888.086395.jpg

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I'm hoping to add a Florentine Mini Satchel in Red to my collection. For the past few days dooney[.]com has off-and-on listed the Florentine Mini Satchel for $238.50 - $318.00. When I click on the link and scroll over the colors, they all show at the regular price of $318. Does anyone know what Dooney is up to with this? TIA

I'm hoping to add a Florentine Mini Satchel in Red to my collection. For the past few days dooney[.]com has off-and-on listed the Florentine Mini Satchel for $238.50 - $318.00. When I click on the link and scroll over the colors, they all show at the regular price of $318. Does anyone know what Dooney is up to with this? TIA
That happened before. Then it was because one color was on sale, sold out and they didn't update the page.