Dooney Deals and Sales Chat

Am I the only one who caved and bought more handbags from ILD this week?

For once, I caught the prices before they raised them. It makes up for all the
bags I've bought over the years that went on sale soon after I got them.
And, in a fit of determination (or insanity), I checked the ebay store and found another
gem, before they raised the price to match ILD.

So far, all the items are in excellent condition.
Flo handbag is smooth, Alto handbags are perfect,
Flo wristlet is ok, just a little textured.
Still waiting for 1 more Flo handbag, fingers crossed.

Even tho I was lucky enough to snag the good prices,
I'm still annoyed with the price change by ILD.
Were the earlier prices a mistake? Or was it all part of a plan?
I can't figure out the logic, from a business standpoint.

I guess if you didn't see the earlier prices, the current sale prices
are still very attractive. But once you know.... it's a whole different
thing. Take the Flo foldover wristlet/crossbody.... current price is $59
and it's a fantastic price. Previously sale price was $99,
usually higher. But... the first morning of the sale it was $49!
So, how can I go back and buy every color that's left when I know
it was once $10 less, and I don't need anymore (any) anyway.

That's just one example... lots of other bags are just enough higher
that while they are very good buys now, they were fantastic buys
the first morning of the sale.
The Alto bags are a totally different story.... first morning some were
close to 70% off. Then the prices were readjusted, and now they are closer
to half off. Still really good for Alto handbags. But at those price points...
the differences are measured in over a hundred dollars! So no more temptation
to buy some cute little Alto bags that are too small for me. I'll admit I was
initially tempted. ILD saved me by raising the price.

Maybe they use a pricing strategy like some dept stores....
a certain % of handbags to be sold at various price levels,
so the total costs and revenue and profits achieve their targets.
I don't know why it doesn't bother me when a dept store does it,
but I get really annoyed when Dooney does? Am I too emotionally
involved? Or is it the fact that Dooney doesn't offer price protection
if they lower the price? So this sets up a different reaction when they
change prices, up or down.

I was looking at the ILD on eBay and ended up finding a new with tags tote for a good price from a different seller. I was stalking the sales on QVC, ILD and Dooney all last week.

lavenderjunkie, this is a great thread thank you! I caught up on everyone's treasure hunt with the sale fluctuations. Beautiful purchasesll! And I got good information. I seem to remember you had an orange Dillen drawstring? I was considering the Florentine Logan from seeing positive You tube videos but I can't seem to pull the trigger. Florentine is my preference but that Dillen bag is stunning! The leather trim on it makes tne bag look so expensive. What to do what to do lol It's calling me.

Would love the AWL 3.0 satchel in the green color but whew expensive. Everything has increased so much now. Glitch sales, codes etc and stalking between the sites are the way to do it.

I did cave and got a few new bags and a navy wristlet. I caught the QVC sale and picked up a Teal twisted hobo (yes it's bigger but slim to the body) a Steel Blue Florentine Barlow (Dooney) and a black Stanwich (ILD). Plus a suede kisslock to go in my Tartan Victoria Tote. For the first time in forever, everything arrived fast and in great condition! I wasn't crazy about Steel Blue at all with my Russell bag but this color caught my eye again ugh! . Probably because the color photographs so well...I want it lol I am happily surprised! Much softer leather& a deeper color than my Russell.

lavenderjunkie, this is a great thread thank you! I caught up on everyone's treasure hunt with the sale fluctuations. Beautiful purchasesll! And I got good information. I seem to remember you had an orange Dillen drawstring? I was considering the Florentine Logan from seeing positive You tube videos but I can't seem to pull the trigger. Florentine is my preference but that Dillen bag is stunning! The leather trim on it makes tne bag look so expensive. What to do what to do lol It's calling me.

Would love the AWL 3.0 satchel in the green color but whew expensive. Everything has increased so much now. Glitch sales, codes etc and stalking between the sites are the way to do it.

I did cave and got a few new bags and a navy wristlet. I caught the QVC sale and picked up a Teal twisted hobo (yes it's bigger but slim to the body) a Steel Blue Florentine Barlow (Dooney) and a black Stanwich (ILD). Plus a suede kisslock to go in my Tartan Victoria Tote. For the first time in forever, everything arrived fast and in great condition! I wasn't crazy about Steel Blue at all with my Russell bag but this color caught my eye again ugh! . Probably because the color photographs so well...I want it lol I am happily surprised! Much softer leather& a deeper color than my Russell.
LUNALARK:
Glad your handbags/accessories are winners.

I know what you mean about Steel Blue in Florentine leather. It looks so nice on TV,
but the pieces I've gotten (IRL) look light grey, not blue. But still, I'm obsessed with
getting another Flo bag in Steel Blue! I got the Russel a little while ago, and now I want
a satchel or Brenna/Barlow or drawstring. For some reason, I like to collect 2 different
styles in unusual colors that I like. I'm glad you like your newest Steel Blue Barlow.
I'm just waiting for the right price.

I have a burnt orange drawstring from the Dillen collection. I like the color (it's a mix of
burnt orange and caramel) and the bag is well designed and a large size,
but it is heavy, to me. I also have a brighter orangey drawstring from the newer
pebbled collection (the one with the DB initial charm hand tag). I think the color was
Geranium (it's not the brighter, lighter orange, but the one that looks like it has more
pink in the online pics). The geranium is a mix between orange/pink/red.
I've learned to check all the dimension on bags, especially drawstrings....
some of the ones named small are really small (to me) because all the dimensions
are small, including the base. Some are a good size because they have height and
a decent size base, even if the length is smaller.

I also have the Flo small Logan (which isn't small, it's a good size.
The Logan is much lighter and has an outside zipper.....
BUT, the drawstring slide does not stay up. And I'm not the only one to have this
issue. Didn't stop me from buying several colors. I'll just twist the ends or
knot the drawstring when I need the bag to stay closed.

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Lunalark: I also want a plum Flo handbag and a teal Flo handbag!

Thank you so much! I have to say I was surprised everything was perfect. It was too easy lol We are not used to that with Dooney anymore. I was already planning in my head when to get to the post office to return something. The Florentine fairies blessed me!

I feel so much better regarding my Steel Blue lunacy! I thought am I crossing that handbag impulse hoarder border yet? No, I'm still on the line thank you I really wanted the satchel in Steel Blue as I think the whipstiching would make the color sing with the contrast. I was too late on that.

Thank you for the drawstring comparisons and suggestions with measuring. Makes sense especially how it will lie up against your body. I did get the Dillen measurements and saw your point on that. Much bigger than I thought! I don't stress my 5'3" height so much as width of a bag overwhelming me. If I could ask your opinion again, do you prefer the Hattie over the Logan? Drawstring closure issue aside, I do like that the Logan has the outside pocket. Which color in the Logan do you like best? There is Black, Bordeaux and Red left.

This was my first teal bag and it is so pretty! A rich Teal. I have a Plum Large Russell but I wouldn't mind another Plum! I did love the croco fino in plum. And for years i was in love with someone's plum satchel on here. But I could never find one. Wouldnt it be nice if we could tour each other's handbag collections?

Lunalark: I also want a plum Flo handbag and a teal Flo handbag!

I'm not sure if ok to post photos here in your sale talk thread but here is Florentine Teal and Plum for the enabling purposes! The plum really does have a purple tint in person if you don't have one already.

And a Natural Florentine for Purple Flower 123. I think of her love of Natural every time I rotate my natural bags

20220125_000152.jpg

20220124_235844.jpg

20220125_000652.jpg

Lunalark: Thanks for all the eye candy.
And yes, our discussions often extend beyond the initial post title,
and that's fine. I think there are site 'rules' for no discussion on some posts
in the categores at the top of the page (Sticky Threads) but not for the
Normal Threads. We are all here because we love to talk about handbags.

As for the Flo small Logan vs. the Flo Hattie.... well, my heart prefers the Hattie
but my brain prefers the Logan.
I think the Hattie looks more impressive and has nicer design details.
But... the Logan is so much lighter, it's a more manageable size, and has
the outside pocket.

There are also some strap differences....
I haven't compared the lengths, but the Hattie strap is much thicker
(which may make it easier or harder to carry and stay on the shoulder...
everyone has their own opinion on that)
and the Hattie has the logo lock clip on one end. Yes, the logo lock is beautiful,
but it's heavy and many people have reported that it opens on it's own
and the strap then detaches, and their Hattie falls to the ground.
No one thinks it will happen to them, but too many people report that it has.

My theory is that when the Hattie is over the shoulder the weight shifts
and the logo lock can slip out of the little leather tube that holds it in place.
That's because the logo lock can be opened so you can turn it around and show
the 2 different designs.

I carry my bags in my hand.... not on my shoulder, so I haven't had a problem yet!
And my Hattie is fairly new, so the leather is still very firm. The more a bag is used
the softer the leather gets and that little leather piece that holds the logo lock to the bag
is subject to a lot of movement from the metal, so the leather will soften.

And I do like the look of the twist at the end of the Logan strap.

I have the Logan in 'several' colors Of the colors you listed... black, bordeaux, and red...
all are great choices in Florentine leather. I'd pick the color you want to add to your collection.

You can't go wrong with black Florentine leather for the long term. I find it stands up to life
very well so the color and the condition make it a great choice always. And black Flo is very rich
looking and always perfect.

I also like the pop of color
in a red Florentine, and I love colorful handbags in general.

As for bordeaux Flo, I have many,
and I crave the color in the fall. But over the years the bordeaux varies.... sometimes it has more
brown undertones, sometimes it's lighter and looks more wine to me, and sometimes it's the
deep bordeaux color I crave. I don't know if it's batch to batch differences, or season to season
they change the formula. This year I think it's a cross between a medium wine shade and
a deeper bordeaux. It's not overly dark or plummy. I did add the Logan in bordeaux to my
collection this year because the price was so good, and I'm pleased with the color.

If I see a Flo handbag I like at a great price black, navy, and red are my default choices.
The only reason I don't have the Logan is black is that I have 2 other black drawstring
handbags, so I 'restrained' myself and bought other colors.
I own the small Flo Logan in natural, chestnut, navy, red, and bordeaux.

Lunalark: Thanks for all the eye candy.
And yes, our discussions often extend beyond the initial post title,
and that's fine. I think there are site 'rules' for no discussion on some posts
in the categores at the top of the page (Sticky Threads) but not for the
Normal Threads. We are all here because we love to talk about handbags.

As for the Flo small Logan vs. the Flo Hattie.... well, my heart prefers the Hattie
but my brain prefers the Logan.
I think the Hattie looks more impressive and has nicer design details.
But... the Logan is so much lighter, it's a more manageable size, and has
the outside pocket.

There are also some strap differences....
I haven't compared the lengths, but the Hattie strap is much thicker
(which may make it easier or harder to carry and stay on the shoulder...
everyone has their own opinion on that)
and the Hattie has the logo lock clip on one end. Yes, the logo lock is beautiful,
but it's heavy and many people have reported that it opens on it's own
and the strap then detaches, and their Hattie falls to the ground.
No one thinks it will happen to them, but too many people report that it has.

My theory is that when the Hattie is over the shoulder the weight shifts
and the logo lock can slip out of the little leather tube that holds it in place.
That's because the logo lock can be opened so you can turn it around and show
the 2 different designs.

I carry my bags in my hand.... not on my shoulder, so I haven't had a problem yet!
And my Hattie is fairly new, so the leather is still very firm. The more a bag is used
the softer the leather gets and that little leather piece that holds the logo lock to the bag
is subject to a lot of movement from the metal, so the leather will soften.

And I do like the look of the twist at the end of the Logan strap.

I have the Logan in 'several' colors Of the colors you listed... black, bordeaux, and red...
all are great choices in Florentine leather. I'd pick the color you want to add to your collection.

You can't go wrong with black Florentine leather for the long term. I find it stands up to life
very well so the color and the condition make it a great choice always. And black Flo is very rich
looking and always perfect.

I also like the pop of color
in a red Florentine, and I love colorful handbags in general.

As for bordeaux Flo, I have many,
and I crave the color in the fall. But over the years the bordeaux varies.... sometimes it has more
brown undertones, sometimes it's lighter and looks more wine to me, and sometimes it's the
deep bordeaux color I crave. I don't know if it's batch to batch differences, or season to season
they change the formula. This year I think it's a cross between a medium wine shade and
a deeper bordeaux. It's not overly dark or plummy. I did add the Logan in bordeaux to my
collection this year because the price was so good, and I'm pleased with the color.

If I see a Flo handbag I like at a great price black, navy, and red are my default choices.
The only reason I don't have the Logan is black is that I have 2 other black drawstring
handbags, so I 'restrained' myself and bought other colors.
I own the small Flo Logan in natural, chestnut, navy, red, and bordeaux.

So very helpful thank you lavenderj! I appreciate the time you took to reply! I took all of your generous information to heart and went with the Hattie in Red for my very first drawstring bag! The Red or Ginger in the Hattie have always captured my attention.❤ Now on to the more practical yet still lovely Logan.

I have a lot of black and natural already. Chestnut and Navy were sold out. The Bordeaux I was debating and it was in my Dooney cart when...Tmoro brown showed up! Yes! This was the color I got excited for in this bag. I have a mini satchel (love the minis!) in this color snd i love its riichness with the red details. I used the 25% off code DBLOVE plus my points. It was probably a return since it sold out after I purchased. We will see when it arrives!

So very helpful thank you lavenderj! I appreciate the time you took to reply! I took all of your generous information to heart and went with the Hattie in Red for my very first drawstring bag! The Red or Ginger in the Hattie have always captured my attention.❤ Now on to the more practical yet still lovely Logan.

I have a lot of black and natural already. Chestnut and Navy were sold out. The Bordeaux I was debating and it was in my Dooney cart when...Tmoro brown showed up! Yes! This was the color I got excited for in this bag. I have a mini satchel (love the minis!) in this color snd i love its riichness with the red details. I used the 25% off code DBLOVE plus my points. It was probably a return since it sold out after I purchased. We will see when it arrives!
Congratulations, hope they are both winners. Tmoro brown is a great shade.... almost black,
but a very deep and rich brown.... like the best dark chocolate! I used to always reach for
black before brown. But over the last few years I've come to appreciate some rich
browns like Florentine Tmoro and chestnut and Alto saddle brown. I don't know if it's just
the variety I'm craving, or the influence of the YT videos with Hermes handbags in
'gold' (which looks like Dooney Alto saddle, at least on my monitor). I've found that over

My Hattie is Fuchsia because I couldn't resist.
time when I see a lot of a color around, my eyes begin to appreciate it more, even if
I initially wasn't interested. The power of suggestion or advertising at work.

The one color I can't grow to love is Forentine Elephant. I've tried. It just brings me no
joy.

Congratulations, hope they are both winners. Tmoro brown is a great shade.... almost black,
but a very deep and rich brown.... like the best dark chocolate! I used to always reach for
black before brown. But over the last few years I've come to appreciate some rich
browns like Florentine Tmoro and chestnut and Alto saddle brown. I don't know if it's just
the variety I'm craving, or the influence of the YT videos with Hermes handbags in
'gold' (which looks like Dooney Alto saddle, at least on my monitor). I've found that over

My Hattie is Fuchsia because I couldn't resist.
time when I see a lot of a color around, my eyes begin to appreciate it more, even if
I initially wasn't interested. The power of suggestion or advertising at work.

The one color I can't grow to love is Forentine Elephant. I've tried. It just brings me no
joy.

Me too on the black. . I rarely strayed from my black bag, black boots "uniform" reserving color for my clothes or an accessory. I love equestrian saddle browns as well and I dont even want to look at the Altos, Balldrinis etc and expand my taste lol The Hermes' at least I know will never make it to my closet I am creatively finding storage for these latest additions!

The Hattie just looks beautiful in vivid colors like Fuschia and Red. So pretty! I did gift my niece a Fuschia Florentine toggle crossbody so I've seen the color in person. The power of suggestion and fear of missing out when watching an unboxing can be so strong like a wave rushing in. For me, I realized this when I began to suddenly desire the color Elephant. Like you, I just did not get the appeal of a drab mud colored handbag. Until I saw a Dooneynista buy one and grow to love hers after 2 videos deciding if she should keep it. The comments were the oh yes this color is the bomb type. The more she showed off the leather the more I became hypnotized and entranced A failure to find the Elephant bag and a you tube break and,,. nope... it really is not for me.

Thank you! I really have had a good week in terms of leather quality and shipping times so I am prepared for a roll of the dice with the Logan.

Looks like one of my recent purchases from ILD is now backorder.
Taking bets on whether it gets cancelled. Price was soo good, I hope I
get the bag, eventually. All the other purchases have arrived and are keepers.
Of course ILD bills for the bag when it's ordered.... if I get a credit, then I know
they cancelled. If not, they anticipate it will arrive sometime 'soon'.
One more thing to track as long as they have my money!

Reactions: Lunalark
Always a side order of aggravation with your purchase how fun! . You get the thrill of hedging your bets if it will ship or not and you get to track your money. I hope you get the bag eventually!