Dooney Deals and Sales Chat

Thanks LJ...I am intrigued with the type of leather it is....I love florentine...Hate that plastic saffiano....just not sure about this western wear...the interior tho is not for me.
I react the same way.....the interior is not a deal breaker for me on a bag.... but I don't like a patterned
interior unless it's subtle. And I don't like a dark color interior either.
But the horse shoes.... yes, that's a deal breaker for me. And the bandana interior is just one more
reason why the Western collection isn't on my wish list.
It would take a personal viewing to wow me enough to change my mind.... and a price so good
I could not resist. Don't see that happening. More than enough bags in this world that I
want already.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Browsing shoppers on ILD. I had no idea Dooney sold real crocodile handbags! I was surprised to see them and didn't know where else to post. Since they're currently on sale I thought I'd post here. Not something I would buy, just sharing.

Browsing shoppers on ILD. I had no idea Dooney sold real crocodile handbags! I was surprised to see them and didn't know where else to post. Since they're currently on sale I thought I'd post here. Not something I would buy, just sharing.

RN: I've seen them in the past on the main Dooey site. But I haven't come across them on ILD.
I will have to go look. I've always loved exotic handbags, but of course, the prices on the
authentic ones are above what I want to spend on a handbag. but looking and drooling and
dreaming are fun. Thanks for the heads up.

OK, I'd like one in fuchsia and another in TMoro brown, please. Just putting it out there in case
anyone is shopping for my holiday gifts. I haven't done a lot of price
research and comparisons, but i think with the sale plus extra discount.... the price on that Dooney
real Crocodile shopper is enticing. It's a large bag, made in Italy, in exotic leather and
has leather lining.... according to the description. Let the fantasy begin.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
RN: I've seen them in the past on the main Dooey site. But I haven't come across them on ILD.
I will have to go look. I've always loved exotic handbags, but of course, the prices on the
authentic ones are above what I want to spend on a handbag. but looking and drooling and
dreaming are fun. Thanks for the heads up.

OK, I'd like one in fuchsia and another in TMoro brown, please. Just putting it out there in case
anyone is shopping for my holiday gifts.
I haven't done a lot of price
research and comparisons, but i think with the sale plus extra discount.... the price on that Dooney
real Crocodile shopper is enticing. It's a large bag, made in Italy, in exotic leather and
has leather lining.... according to the description. Let the fantasy begin.....
Mornin' LJ!
Perfect timing! I was just starting my Holiday shopping list. :lol:
There's less space available in my Fantasy bag closet than there is in my real bag closet. But it is fun to look and dream.

I was thinking last night, that there will be a lot of handbag returns in January
(post holiday extended return period from many stores and online sites). We may see
sales.... but the bags we get might be returns.

I was at the UPS store this week returning a handbag (never used, not even
unstuffed, still with plastic on the handles). There were mountains of packages
waiting to be shipped out... likely returns to various stores or online sites.

I know that getting a previously returned handbag is an issue for many.
My concern is the higher chance someone has used/abused the handbag
or that it has a real defect. I'm not upset if the packaging isn't perfect,
as long as the handbag is in good condition and unused.

Although we will usually have return options, no one wants to get a real 'reject' ...
it's disappointing and a hassle to return things. It's something to think about,
especially with leathers like Florentine.

At what point does the price make us
willing to take a bigger chance? Or is this always enough of a risk that we
are willing to hope we get a winner, maybe just a handbag that didn't
work for someone else (color or size, etc.).

I was thinking last night, that there will be a lot of handbag returns in January
(post holiday extended return period from many stores and online sites). We may see
sales.... but the bags we get might be returns.

I was at the UPS store this week returning a handbag (never used, not even
unstuffed, still with plastic on the handles). There were mountains of packages
waiting to be shipped out... likely returns to various stores or online sites.

I know that getting a previously returned handbag is an issue for many.
My concern is the higher chance someone has used/abused the handbag
or that it has a real defect. I'm not upset if the packaging isn't perfect,
as long as the handbag is in good condition and unused.

Although we will usually have return options, no one wants to get a real 'reject' ...
it's disappointing and a hassle to return things. It's something to think about,
especially with leathers like Florentine.

At what point does the price make us
willing to take a bigger chance? Or is this always enough of a risk that we
are willing to hope we get a winner, maybe just a handbag that didn't
work for someone else (color or size, etc.).
I think about that every January, especially with QVC because they have been offering extended returns since mid-September. I know some will be unused gifts, but you know there will be bags that were used and returned.
90% of the bags I purchased in the last 3 years have been from Ebay or Poshmark, so I have to say I'm willing to take a big risk to get a bag I want at a great price. I have only been very disappointed once, and that was my own fault for not looking closely at the pictures before I placed my bid. (And as luck would have it, I won the auction.) I mentioned in another thread that I stopped looking for perfection, but I do require a clean bag inside and out. Oh! That reminds me. I purchased a JPK Paris tote on Poshmark and the Seller didn't mention the big ink stain that s/he tried to clean in the big slip pocket. I didn't return it because it was only $25.00 but I never put anything in the slip pocket. I'm still using it but it's being used as a closet bag to hold my supply of boxes of lens cleaners, and hand wipes.

I have abandoned ebay auctions for ILD...at times the prices are spectacular....I have been much more careful about bags I return...I am careful to try them out quickly and effectively without disturbing the plastic so I can return it in good shape. It's not fair to abuse a bag and send it back, especially since it seems Dooney doesn't even check them...just repackages them and sends out.

I am hopeful with returns I can snag good deals! You do have to be diligent about watching the prices...they go up and down with no rhyme or reason on ILD. ILD on ebay offers free shipping so I do look at that sometimes too.

QVC had a lot of Dooney bags on sale this weekend.
Don't know if they sales were just for one day, but it's worth
checking out.
Also several croco designs.... drawstring and zip zip.

Be sure to check measurements.... some of styles might
be similar to older bags but reimagined in new sizes or leathers.
The 'new' Twist stap Florentine shoulder bag looks much larger
than the old Flo Twist strap hobo.
And the croco drawstring is a small bag.

Reactions: swags
Sale of ILD, code CLEARANCE.
Some good prices, some the same as before.

BUT.... the prices have been changing.
They were better this morning and have gone up later
in the day. For less expensive items, the increase might
only have been $10 or $20, but on some of the Alto items
the increase was over $100.

I haven't compared ILD and ILD on ebay yet.

Sale of ILD, code CLEARANCE.
Some good prices, some the same as before.

BUT.... the prices have been changing.
They were better this morning and have gone up later
in the day. For less expensive items, the increase might
only have been $10 or $20, but on some of the Alto items
the increase was over $100.

I haven't compared ILD and ILD on ebay yet.
Ebay seemed a bit cheaper last night and they offered free shipping. I didn’t check this morning though. Curious, is the shipping any faster from ebay vs ILD?

Swags, I haven't noticed any difference between buying from ILD or ILD on ebay...
except maybe prices and what bags are available. I will say that my ebay/ILD experience
is limited, but I haven't had any issues.

Returns on ILD/ebay don't have the 'convenience' of generating a fixed price $7.50 return label,
so you have to create your own label and pay for return shipping/insurance out of pocket.
That can cost more than the ILD return shipping label.

I don't know if the stock on the ILD/ebay site is exactly the same quality as on ILD,
or if the ebay site has more returns, etc.

Usually, prices on the 2 sites are the same.... but sometimes one or the other
site has a much better price... and it's not a consistent pattern.
Best advice is to check both sites to see where you can get a better deal
on the specific bag you are looking at.

Yesterday morning ILD had some great prices on Alto bags, by later in the day,
they had raised the prices a lot. But some of the bags, not all, still had the
better prices on the ILD/ebay site. I don't know if they raised them also over night.
But, at the same time, I noticed that on some Florentine handbags the main ILD
site had much better sale prices than on the ebay site.