Dolling up?

shopmom411 said:
1. i'm a jeans girl but only Levi's. Love well fitting trousers though and one or two funky skirts. Gotta have tailored jackets and beautiful shoes and boots. Things are usually black, cream, chocolate and pale blue with shots of color here and there. No "brand" names just everything well fitting.
2. every day I'll wear at least one piece of 18th century jewelery that I collect and carry an Hermes Bag!
3. Favorite designers? Roland Mouret, Lanvin and someday I'll have a Chanel jacket!
You own 18th century jewellery? It must be gorgeous!!! I've never owned any 18th century jewellery though. Love historic jewellery. :love: :love:

lilach said:
oh what a fun thread
- i only wear black or white or a combination of the two. sometimes jeans and a white mens shirt. for me more importantly then the label is the immaculate fit ans superior quality so i do tend to get a lot of my things tailored. but some designers i love is ann demeulemeester,rochas,balenciaga,yamamoto and some unknown ones from italy and japan oh and i always add jewelry (my passion:shame: )
-as i only wear limited colours i match the hardware of the bag witht hte jewelry iam wearing on that day and prefer coloured bags (i love aslo white and black f course) to add an statement to the outfit for example black floorlenght marlene dietrich pants a black fitted shirt and a rouge vif bag)
-style is for me when you feel that the clothes and the person form a unity and are not costumed but confident and resting in themselfes
lilach, just reading your post gives me an impression you are someone who exudes great confidence and style!!! I loveeee' white mens' shirt. It gives that chic girl-boy look. Lol...looks like both of us love white & black!! :amuse:

Kristie.F said:
I've met him, too - he's VERY shy!!! ( I love Japanses things....the kimono prints are divine!) So cute! I have QUITE the collection of Akira - gulp - I used to get the VIP treatment in his boutique here....but being pregnant, I haven't visited for a while (and won't anymore - saving, saving...gotta keep my mind on it!!!!!!:biggrin: )
Ya.......save, save, save & I hope you get your kelly!!! I believe you can't wait to see your child's face!!! :yes:

rochasgirl said:
lilach, just reading your post gives me an impression you are someone who exudes great confidence and style!!! I loveeee' white mens' shirt. It gives that chic girl-boy look. Lol...looks like both of us love white & black!! :amuse:
hooray to you great minds alike :flowers:
but i have to say all the ladies here are very fab :smile:

rochasgirl said:
1)To me, well-dressed is someone who exudes style and confidence. If I see someone in a pair of jeans with a T-shirt and a birkin on hand, I can say she is well-dressed. But if I see someone in Chanel one-whole tweed suit, I say she have such a bad taste. I'll never be caught dead wearing one whole brand outfit!!

I don't consider wearing a Chanel suit to be an example of poor taste and wearing too much designer gear at one time. Its not like there are logos all over Chanel suits. Chanel suits are very classy and understated in my opinion. Now wearing a LV outfit on the other hand is my idea of bad taste.

At any rate, I generally mix and mach high-end items with much less expensive things and I try to keep logos to a minimum. I think a well dressed person does exude style and confidence and there's not an ounce of tackiness. I think it also means that clothes are properly tailored, no holes or anything like that.

fun! this is 90 % of my wardrobe
Levis and gap jeans & capris
donna karan signature black dress pants
max mara blush cashmere suit..down, ladies...for temple.
wolford two piece black dress- my lbd
missoni tank top
anything splendid!!!!
generra seems to be slipping
petit bateau? im too old too many i have a wave going on, on my waist!
ralph lauren black label white shirt
craig taylor white shirt (bella fit)
2 vintage Valentino clutches
this is SO MUCH fun!!!!!
i can not be late!!!!
i will miss you all today!!!!!
angie

Hi guys! RE the 18th century jewelery.... I have a real passion for it and it's so hard to find anything now in good condition. There is a little shop here in Berkeley that usually has some fine pieces and every once in awhile I'll pop in there and sometimes I see something I have to have. Here's the crazy thing though. My new Kelly was more expensive BY FAR than the MOST expensive piece of 18th century jewelery I have which has rose cut diamonds set in gold!!!! In EXCELLENT condition!!!! Yikes! :shocked:

Where's Dr. Kellybag......

I love my yohji yamamoto jeans first and foremost, but i'm heading back to levis now - a very sensible thing to do :yes:
the t-shirts are petite bateau
the lbd is claudie pierlot and morgan le fay
the cocktail pants are alessandro dell' acqua
the blazers are dolce & gabbana, a.p.c. and veronique branquinho
cardigans are vivienne westwood, vince and l.a.m.b.
pants are burberry
summer tops are marc by marc jacobs, isabel marant, luella for target ;) , ulla johnson, h&m
shorts are balenciaga, mango and jcrew
winter tops are atsuro tayama, samsonite, neil barret (sp? it's packed away now :smile: )
coats are miu miu and halston
fall jackets are petite bateau and marc by marc jacobs and patagonia

now here's the key - a lot of this stuff i've acquired over time, and it has lasted me a long time. none of it is trendy, and it's all beautiful and keeps me satisfied. it all mixes and matches together very well. i don't "need" any other clothes, so i don't go looking. i shop when something needs to be replaced, and if i bring something home, i make sure to donate something. i'm sure i've left some stuff out, but that's probably doing you a favor since you have other things to do today. :amuse:

Wow-- everybody has such beautiful pieces! My clothes are so pedestrian compared to everybody's. I have just forayed into the high end designer stuff -- I bought my first Chanel piece (ever), of course, in black! But I have a feeling that there will be no turning back from me from this point!

After living up here in the middle of nowhere (humboldt county) for two years and not working my wardrobe has become very basic. I mostly wear jeans/khakis with polo shirts. Now that I'm moving back to the Bay Area I need to go shopping for a new LBD, and some more tailored stuff in addition to my basics. :amuse: My problem is I never think about buying clothes because 1. I need to get in shape and 2. any extra money I have goes to scarves/bags. :lol:

rochasgirl said:
Ya.......save, save, save & I hope you get your kelly!!! I believe you can't wait to see your child's face!!! :yes:

I'm having contractions now!!

Glad DH is getting me my first one....but I'm saving away for another, becuase I actaully want to be able to purchase my own ( I read somewhere in France it's a rite of passage for a girl to buy her own first Kelly bag)....well - I'll buy my second!:smile:

Lilach - I love your description of style........I think we all have much in common!:yes:

Kristie.F said:
I'm having contractions now!!

Glad DH is getting me my first one....but I'm saving away for another, becuase I actaully want to be able to purchase my own ( I read somewhere in France it's a rite of passage for a girl to buy her own first Kelly bag)....well - I'll buy my second!:smile:

Lilach - I love your description of style........I think we all have much in common!:yes:
Oh, shoot, well good luck! Get back to us with pics of the new baby!