Dolce and Gabbana bags

Received my first D&G over a week ago. I came close to purchasing the one JessicaRabbit shared with us but couldn't justify it......as HARD as I tried. So! I ordered the one pictured below from mytheresa.com. However, I wished I had checked D&G's website first since it was a bit less.

At any rate....what made my decision for this style? I love crossbody bags when shopping/running errands and I prefer them smaller as extra weight annoys my shoulders. I love the colors and design because both remind me so much of my Norwegian heritage. I normally wear white tops....shirts/tees.....and love bags with color which pop against all that white. Why the white? As I've aged, I've found white tops have a brightening affect on my skin.

My iPhone..which is the 7...fits perfectly inside but the cardholder I normally use...from Prada (name dropper)...is too thick so I simply had to purchase a D&G thinner cardholder.....another rationalization. ;) I don't need my medical cards when shopping....just my charge cards/driver's license. (FYI - I do keep photos of my medical insurance cards on my iPhone anyway...just in case.)

But! The thing that forced me to click the purchase button....seriously, forced me.....I had no choice!....are the initials in jewels...D & G. When I look at them, my mind registers, Dad whose name was George....he passed away 5 years ago. Frankly, he would say it a foolish reason but to me.....perfectly sound, intelligent, and reasoned decision on my part.
fullsizeoutput_10092.jpeg

Received my first D&G over a week ago. I came close to purchasing the one JessicaRabbit shared with us but couldn't justify it......as HARD as I tried. So! I ordered the one pictured below from mytheresa.com. However, I wished I had checked D&G's website first since it was a bit less.

At any rate....what made my decision for this style? I love crossbody bags when shopping/running errands and I prefer them smaller as extra weight annoys my shoulders. I love the colors and design because both remind me so much of my Norwegian heritage. I normally wear white tops....shirts/tees.....and love bags with color which pop against all that white. Why the white? As I've aged, I've found white tops have a brightening affect on my skin.

My iPhone..which is the 7...fits perfectly inside but the cardholder I normally use...from Prada (name dropper)...is too thick so I simply had to purchase a D&G thinner cardholder.....another rationalization. ;) I don't need my medical cards when shopping....just my charge cards/driver's license. (FYI - I do keep photos of my medical insurance cards on my iPhone anyway...just in case.)

But! The thing that forced me to click the purchase button....seriously, forced me.....I had no choice!....are the initials in jewels...D & G. When I look at them, my mind registers, Dad whose name was George....he passed away 5 years ago. Frankly, he would say it a foolish reason but to me.....perfectly sound, intelligent, and reasoned decision on my part.
View attachment 4280700

What a beautiful story you shared, and a gorgeous bag as well. Love the print! :smile:May you and your bag share many beautiful memories together.

View attachment 4280700

Stunning!! Totally lovely! The clasp/detail look amazing. Wear in good health :smile: xx

Stunning!! Totally lovely! The clasp/detail look amazing. Wear in good health :smile: xx
So you live in Australia? Love your country. Have enjoyed so many of your shows like
A Place To Call Home, The Heart Guy, Janet King.....I know there's more but can't think of them right now. Because of the shows I've been able to see how beautiful your country is....lucky you!

Reactions: JessicaRabbit1
So you live in Australia? Love your country. Have enjoyed so many of your shows like
A Place To Call Home, The Heart Guy, Janet King.....I know there's more but can't think of them right now. Because of the shows I've been able to see how beautiful your country is....lucky you!
Thanks so much Abba! Yeah I live in Australia, we have it pretty good here I must admit. Although I love travelling to see new places as well. :smile:
xx

I wonder why this brand isn't popular here
A lot of people refuse to wear D&G because of the numerous political controversies the brand has been battling over the past few years. Among them, their bizarre stance against LGBTQ+ equal rights in 2015 and, more recently, a disastrous and borderline racist marketing campaign that forced the brand to pull back from the Chinese luxury market.

Reactions: Jolie15
Fabuleax, wow what hot activism!
There have already been several threads frantically sledging the brand - and here you are - I think it a threadjack.
‘Stand up’ indeed!
Sometimes it seems the whole general discourse reads like a second year uni tutorial - well I don’t care to be lectured today!
You won’t be surprised to know that I myself did not see any ‘bizarre stance against LGBTQ+ equal rights in 2015’ - I saw an off the cuff personal answer from a gay man. Nor do I feel responsible to wag a scolding finger about an expensive PR campaign gone cross- culturally wrong. Not when there are so many like you to do it for me!
Meanwhile I will think for myself, and enjoy their design work. Thanks!

Oops just saw you were reposing to a question which you quoted in your answer.
My apologies for not noticing this and thereby ‘shooting from the hip’!
However I will keep my response rather than deleting it as it has relevance to the ‘debate in general’. I do grow tired of the earnest politics in every aspect of our lives.

Oops just saw you were reposing to a question which you quoted in your answer.
My apologies for not noticing this and thereby ‘shooting from the hip’!
However I will keep my response rather than deleting it as it has relevance to the ‘debate in general’. I do grow tired of the earnest politics in every aspect of our lives.
I was simply replying to OP’s question about brand popularity. I didn’t make up D&G’s behavior and how clients have been boycotting the brand. It’s all over the news! I also didn’t say I agreed or disagreed with these people.

I appreciate your apology. But I’m saddened that you are mocking my Stand Up tagline without knowing anything about me. Empathy is like rarified air these days.

What do people think of the Devotion bags? I might pick one up soon...

dolce-devotion-bag.jpg

.. facebook blocked me - now I can’t even send private messages to my friends- what could be worst :biggrin: hold on))))))))) just text. But.. I guess it’s better speak about bags here! Beauty is beauty

dolce-devotion-bag.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What do people think of the Devotion bags? I might pick one up soon...

dolce-devotion-bag.jpg
Very pretty! But white. Hard to keep it the same amazing look. Think twice, before purchasing. I sold my YSL in beige color because the bag starts to be “the baby”... was covering it from the rain, sometimes forgetting about myself))))) the bag stayed perfect, but I decided- no too light colors anymore! Just black. Better black caviar :biggrin:

Good points! I love the heart shape- it's very regal and the gold details are elegant. So maybe in a black or a red- I've been looking to purchase a red crossbody bag. People may suggest the Chanel Boy or Diorama and that's okay- but I want something a bit more affordable yet still elegant. I'd also consider YSL!