Does your LV store makes you Queue before you enter?

I've seen people standing in line to get into the Beverly Ctr once because there were a ton of people inside the store due to some sort of big event that was going on at the mall (I think it had to do with basketball - maybe an all-star weekend?). The LV security guards would only let people into the store as others exited because the store was jammed packed! I think I just walked by and came back later and the store was not as crowded. No sense in waiting in line just to look around.... plus, I visit the LV stores all of the time, so standing in line to get in seems kind of silly.

There are queues in HK but I don't get in 'em cause I hate waiting, I prefer to come back at a much quieter time. In Melbourne I have never had to queue, the LVs aren't as busy as they are in HK.

Goodness, I guess I have something to be thankful for - living in a smaller town, no queues. I hate crowds and waiting in line. I don't mind waiting for my SA if she's helping someone else, I don't want to rush anyone, but I don't feel I need to wait in line to buy a bag. To see the main store in Paris though that I would wait for... that would be an event. Especially since our store is so tiny.

I've seen it done twice in Rodeo Drive store, only because supposedly one time JLo was shopping and the other time was Jessica Simpson. They didn't interest me so I just walked a block to LV Saks.

oh well..i went to ngee ann city LV cos i am in a rush to buy my luggage tag...

waited 10 min outside...there r not so much people inside either...lotsa china chinese roaming around the store and a few people by the side sitting on the bench.

but the SA are not serving at all...in fact, i have to go over to the payment counter to ask for help from a SA there who happen to walk away. Initially, she was ignoring me. But i asked for her help...n she obliged. I asked for my things...n she is not really happy serving me either. In fact, she has no idea about epi pocket agenda ...and do not even know they existed until she check the catalogue again....

i asked her to show me..n i am undecided between red and black. She just stood there with her arms folded looking at me...i really detest that and i told her...ok...i just have the luggage tag then...

she never even inform me that the tag can be embossed with my initial. The cashier at the payment counter informed me with more info when i asked if i need to bring receipt to have my initials on...

I really the detest the Q n the lousy service i get ...

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. But well, have heard alot of bad customer services about NAC store. Why don't you try going to the one at Raffles Hotel or Hilton Hotel, perhaps you don't have to quene there and service is better when its less crowded. But seriously, the last time I was there before the gst hike, we were made to quene outside for like more than 20mins.... yes yes, it sounds silly but well, I don't think I would quene again unless I'm bent on getting my stuff that day, haha. :lol: But nevetheless, I was served by a pleasant and polite young SA. The store was very crowded with people, its a saturday. But I made my decision real fast, paid and get out in less than 30 mins. (That include the waiting time for an SA to serve me) lolzz, guess I was pretty decisive that day.

may i join in? =p

both stores at my place in Kuala Lumpur make the public Q and these do not happen everyday (usually on weekends..)

and i happen to have a different opinion on this. while some of other places like in HK, spore etc. the Q was made simply because of too many customers coming in wanting to buy bags. but in KL, some people entered the boutique for nothing. i mean, they really had no clue on what to do really (even after they were asked nicely by the SA). so on weekends, the environment looks like being in a museum or sumthing coz people are walking aroung mainly looking for nothing.

the most funny part is, they even have the guts to Q wearing a replica and confidently entering with holding one (with a look as if they're a true LV fan~)

=but i seriously hav nuthing against people who Q. afterall, everyone has the right to go into an LV. to be honest, i never Q for LV. my tips: make an appointment w ur SA esp on weekends =)

Never had to get in a line to see LV in the U.S. But I'm originally from Asia and where I'm from, many businesses don't give customers (except for the uber rich) much courtesy. Even in regular stores in my home city, sales associates actually FOLLOW you around the store. They even make you leave shopping bags/big purses at the front in some stores (or they staple them shut when you enter...ha ha ha). This is all just standard practice so having people line up outside the LV makes perfect sense there. Most people are used to it...I only noticed because my family moved to the States and customer service is important here (yey!).

omg! people entered LV with fakes?!

anyway, when i Q up, there are like 3 china chinese infront of me and 2 more behind. I overheard the girl infront saying that its so silly to Q up just to have a look inside the store. I guess they are going inside to take a look only.

Yes...i am bent on getting my things that day. And i am quite intimidated by a very quiet store like hilton. Dare not step in and have all the eyes on me. I did went to Raffles branch but they are out of stock for the things i wanted. Before that, i already called up their hotline. The guy on the phone told me that all the stores have it...*shrugs*...another bad customer service on the phone telling me lies and wasted my time.

actually, after reading through the post...i reckon Q up to enter store is an asian thing...

why does LV do that anyway? Dun they know asians buy alot of LV too? whats the reason behind this Q for asians stores?! r they discriminating on asians?!?!

frankly, chanel is just opposite LV at NAC...but they dun have any Q although there are more customers there....