Does one of your b bags ALWAYS draw compliments?

never.... i dont think balenciaga is very popular here. i've seen people with gucci, LV, chanel.... but never balenciaga.
however, my hubby complimented the color of my magenta box. he said that its a cool color......

I get more compliments about the Razor Blade Prada Trick hanging from my Black Classique vs. the actual bag. LoL

One SA from Goyard SF pretended to hyperventilate when she saw me carrying my Black Voyage.

That's about it. In my case, Black Bs don't get that much attention.

Actually I was sad because I took my lovely Rouge Vif First to Houston this past weekend. I went to the Galleria and went all the snobby stores: Neimans, Gucci, LV, Saks, etc..... and NOTHING>
I haven't received any compliments here in Austin- but I just figured in those stores in Houston, I would get some credit. But nope. Nothing. Perhaps because no store sells Balenciaga- no one knows just how bad a** it is. Maybe in New York or LA- it would get the attention that she deserves!!!!!!!
wah!

My 05 Rouges (City and First) get lots of compliments on their color!

I don't think many (any?) people where I live know Balenciaga. Though I was at a party recently and a friend asked me, "Isn't that the bag in The Devil Wears Prada?" So at least there's a teeny bit of recognition, thanks to the movie. :lol:

I've had the City in Lilac, Strawberry/Rose, Eggplant, Black, that beautiful blue red from 03 or 04 (can't remember) and seafoam. Hands down the compliments came to the Seafoam Twiggy. EVERYBODY including my mom (in her 60's) loved it. They all commented on the color more than the actual bag.

People here in Louisville don't often recognize "incognito" designer bags, but I just walked out of a Starbucks when a woman in Chanel sunglasses, getting her luggage out of a Bentley Continental GT with Beverly Hills Bentley tag on it, stopped and said, "I Love your Twiggy! Nice color." It made my day.

allison said:
People here in Louisville don't often recognize "incognito" designer bags, but I just walked out of a Starbucks when a woman in Chanel sunglasses, getting her luggage out of a Bentley Continental GT with Beverly Hills Bentley tag on it, stopped and said, "I Love your Twiggy! Nice color." It made my day.

Its the same here too. People only have LV and Coach. I have only seen a few people with Bbags.

I've actually had several compliments on my black city bag, mostly from SAs and recently from a friend who is not really a bag person. She never comments on any of my bags but my black city caught her eye. Last week I was at an offsite meeting and my boss was staring at my bag. I'm not sure if she knows what it is and how much it cost (hope not because I like her to think I need $$$ at raise time) or if she really loved or hated it. She didn't say a word, but she definitely noticed it.

I got stopped on the street the other day when I wore my rouge vif work and thegirl said that the colour is TDF an which bag brand it was. The other time the SA at Chloe liked my cornflower first and knew exactly which bag it is but other than that nobody seems to notice them which is perfectly fine with me.
2 of my work collegues like them all.

ashley_brook said:
Balenciaga- no one knows just how bad a** it is.

LOVE what you said.. It is SOOOO bad A**

I only got a TRUE complement once by my friend that i haven't seen in forever. But she works at CNN and is pretty up-to-date on things. She's was .. omg.. balenciaga.. love it!

Another time was VERY odd, because this guy friend I work with does not know a prada from a gucci to a chanel or anything.
I'm guessing he didn't know the NAME of the bag. But it shocked me that he said.... "is that a motorcycle bag" and i said.. why yes it is. He said something about his wife and the motorcycle bag. but i wasn't listening.

and the 3rd time was when... someone complemented the color and said I have a bag color just like it.

ashley_brook said:
I haven't received any compliments here in Austin- but I just figured in those stores in Houston, I would get some credit. But nope. Nothing. Perhaps because no store sells Balenciaga- no one knows just how bad a** it is. Maybe in New York or LA- it would get the attention that she deserves!!!!!!!
wah!
yeppers, my family lives in austin, TX & they tell me that pretty much nobody knows what b-bags are down there :girlsigh:...but i live in nyc & get compliments all the time on my b-bags :love:

aaallabama said:
yeppers, my family lives in austin, TX & they tell me that pretty much nobody knows what b-bags are down there :girlsigh:...but i live in nyc & get compliments all the time on my b-bags :love:

I am going to blame it on ignorance. You and I know they are fabulous.
:P

I've gotten compliments on my Apple green City from people at work - they have no clue what it is, they just like the colour. Poor old Rouille hasn't had a word from anyone, but its okay cos I love her. ;)