Does Balenciaga ever stamp their items?

I had a brief email exchange with an ex colleague who still works for a high profile fashion magazine, apparently the star or more recently a triangle means that the items are not meant for resale, purchased with staff discount or given as "gifts" (read bribes) to influencers or editorial staff and their way to make sure that those items aren't returned for cash or purchased for resale.

Now if you want my personal opinion, they might catch out the odd person who is naughty, but what that means if it becomes common knowledge is that the items are even more in demand as people will claim they got it as a special gift... I think Hermes and the numbering works a bit better (unless they get eaten, but I shan't go OT now)

I had a brief email exchange with an ex colleague who still works for a high profile fashion magazine, apparently the star or more recently a triangle means that the items are not meant for resale, purchased with staff discount or given as "gifts" (read bribes) to influencers or editorial staff and their way to make sure that those items aren't returned for cash or purchased for resale.
Ooh, I have a special Bal bracelet! I need to start wearing it inside out :lol:
Thank you Gabs for checking this for us. It really seems the most likely answer. And good to know when authenticating :tup:

Ooh, I have a special Bal bracelet! I need to start wearing it inside out :lol:
Thank you Gabs for checking this for us. It really seems the most likely answer. And good to know when authenticating :tup:

Trust me, where I live, some people would wear it inside out and possibly poke out eyes with it. If you ever want to resell it, since you were not the person who got it as a promo or for staff discount, make a feature out of it and I am willing to be you get more for it

Trust me, where I live, some people would wear it inside out and possibly poke out eyes with it. If you ever want to resell it, since you were not the person who got it as a promo or for staff discount, make a feature out of it and I am willing to be you get more for it
I feel a need to head over to VC and buy the last bracelet the seller has left! If it wasn't another Ultra Violet I just might :lol:

I feel a need to head over to VC and buy the last bracelet the seller has left! If it wasn't another Ultra Violet I just might :lol:

Wear both, one "accidentally" inside out and then act embarrassed that people know it's an item that was not for sale, like all the WAGs would do, you need to get the fake hair extensions too, to be "authentic"

Now if you want my personal opinion, they might catch out the odd person who is naughty, but what that means if it becomes common knowledge is that the items are even more in demand as people will claim they got it as a special gift... I think Hermes and the numbering works a bit better (unless they get eaten, but I shan't go OT now)
For those who missed Gabs's story of Hermès horror featuring her lovable doggie Harvey, the Hermès annihilator, just go to this thread and either laugh or weep, depending on how a Limited Edition Hermès being devoured by a huge dog will affect you :lol: Starts at around post 8.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...find-personally-to-be-overrated.992679/page-9

Reactions: peacebabe
For those who missed Gabs's story of Hermès horror featuring her lovable doggie Harvey, the Hermès annihilator, just go to this thread and either laugh or weep, depending on how a Limited Edition Hermès being devoured by a huge dog will affect you :lol: Starts at around post 8.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...find-personally-to-be-overrated.992679/page-9

Which btw was a freeby, otherwise I might have strangled the beloved rescue monster. Only today I paid for the shopping of somebody who made the mistake to fall for his innocent and cute face and hugged him, while having the shopping bag over her shoulders, she was totally delighted how he cuddled up, and from where I stood, I couldn't see that his snout was in her bag and he swallowed about 3bls of aged Aberdeen Angus sirloin. I bet he didn't taste a thing and being sent to bed without dinner didn't bug him much...

Thanks SGCW for posting the link. It's really a great joy reading about Harvey !! :hbeat::hbeat::hbeat:

@Gabs007 I :heart::heart::heart: the way you write. It's so humorous & catchy. I really enjoyed reading it. And sorry to hear about your H destruction, but i do like the idea of him being an authenticator :lol::lol::lol:

Bingo!!!:nuts::panic:
Many thanks dear for your input!:heart::flowers:

As you can see, Gabs, on this forum we don't get our undies in a bundle because someone goes OT because we understand how everything in this tPF universe hangs together. It's rather encouraged, especially if it's entertaining :yes:

Reactions: peacebabe