Does Balenciaga ever stamp their items?

SomethingGoodCanWork

In Clown World on Prison Planet
Feb 10, 2017
I am wondering if anyone recognises this stamp from any of their Balenciaga items? It's in the shape of a star and it's stamped on the inside of a Double Tour bracelet I recently bought. The colour is Ultra Violet, from 2013, the autumn/winter season I believe.

This bracelet has been authenticated here so I'm not asking if it's authentic (but if anyone should have doubts don't hesitate to say so). But I'm wondering about the stamped star as the seller i bought the bracelet from claims it was on the bracelet when she bought it from a Balenciaga boutique. Has anyone ever seen this stamp before?

P1170653.JPG

Reactions: luxurymen
No one?

I've added this bracelet to the Auth. this thread for a second authentication based on my own pics, not the seller's, but I didn't get a reply. I see quite a few people have looked at this thread and if nobody recognises the stamped star, I'll just have to send the bracelet back to Vestiaire. I absolutely refuse to wear fake/replicas and want to be 100% sure, so if there's the slightest risk it's a return.

Which is really sad because- fake or not- I love this bracelet and colour :crybaby: Anyway, thanks to those who took a look at the stamp :flowers:

I might just send the pic to Bal and ask them if they ever used stamps like these but I doubt they'll answer something as specific as this.

I am wondering if anyone recognises this stamp from any of their Balenciaga items? It's in the shape of a star and it's stamped on the inside of a Double Tour bracelet I recently bought. The colour is Ultra Violet, from 2013, the autumn/winter season I believe.

This bracelet has been authenticated here so I'm not asking if it's authentic (but if anyone should have doubts don't hesitate to say so). But I'm wondering about the stamped star as the seller i bought the bracelet from claims it was on the bracelet when she bought it from a Balenciaga boutique. Has anyone ever seen this stamp before?

View attachment 3990110
I’ve never seen a star like that on any Bal stamps for bags, but I’ve never seen or bought their bracelets. Maybe it was some special/limited edition thing. I would have guessed the seller did it :confused1::hugs:

i am so sorry to be unable to help you with this :sad:
colour is indeed, gorgeous
I’ve never seen a star like that on any Bal stamps for bags, but I’ve never seen or bought their bracelets. Maybe it was some special/limited edition thing. I would have guessed the seller did it :confused1::hugs:
Thank you, sweethearts :hbeat: for not leaving me stranded with my bracelet woes. I'm going to e-mail Balenciaga about it and alert Vestiaire that I'm returning the bracelet because of the stamp. which I've had no good explanation for from them- nor from the seller. The seller has sold a yellowish bracelet from the same 2013 season (I think) that was also stamped. She's now selling two more Double Tours, again in Ultra Violet and in yellow. Both also with this stamp.

It's where the HG:s are, but the pre-owned market is just too difficult to bother with sometimes. If Balenciaga get back to me I will let you know.

Can't say I've ever seen a star stamp, but then again, I've never bought any of their bracelets.
I'm starting to think that mine and the other bracelets the same seller is selling (all four are stamped the same way) could be stamped because they were gifts to employees, or something similar? I've read about it here on tPF that some brands (Chanel) mark items in some way that they give to their employees. Also, aren't goods that have some kind of flaw sometimes sold marked in some way?

Thank you for chiming in, CeeJay, I've just e-mailed Bal about this hoping they can help.

I'm starting to think that mine and the other bracelets the same seller is selling (all four are stamped the same way) could be stamped because they were gifts to employees, or something similar? I've read about it here on tPF that some brands (Chanel) mark items in some way that they give to their employees. Also, aren't goods that have some kind of flaw sometimes sold marked in some way?

Could be. I have a Givenchy Pandora with a numeric code inside the lining (where there normally isn't) and when I asked a third party authenticator, I was told that the bag was supposed to be issued to employees.

Just bought the yellow poussin bracelet from same seller and of course, the star is stamped as well.. I don’t think it’s fake though but it’s just my opinion.. Did you finally return yours?. Hope you didn’t because color is gorgeous!:biggrin:

Just bought the yellow poussin bracelet from same seller and of course, the star is stamped as well.. I don’t think it’s fake though but it’s just my opinion.. Did you finally return yours?. Hope you didn’t because color is gorgeous!:biggrin:
No no! I kept it. It seemed she only had two of each colour (Ultra Violet and the Jaune) so no cause for fake alarm. I love mine as well! Best thing was that she sold them all new and unused. The star stamp is not the same type as the Bal stamp so probably someone added them for some reason.

You know what, I have a very nice Bal contact in Italy. I'm going to e-mail them and ask about it!

Reactions: LostInBal
No no! I kept it. It seemed she only had two of each colour (Ultra Violet and the Jaune) so no cause for fake alarm. I love mine as well! Best thing was that she sold them all new and unused. The star stamp is not the same type as the Bal stamp so probably someone added them for some reason.

You know what, I have a very nice Bal contact in Italy. I'm going to e-mail them and ask about it!
Good to know, luv mystery so much!:graucho::tup:

I KNOW somewhat recently I saw on a pre loved site a bag that had a star stamp on the tag like that. I don’t know if it was the real real, yoogies, or fashionphile, but I remember thinking it was odd.

I’ve also seen one or two that had a hole punched in the tag. I’m wondering if this and the star are employee marks too, as mentioned above.

Sorry I can’t be more help. If I run across it again, I’ll post it here.

I KNOW somewhat recently I saw on a pre loved site a bag that had a star stamp on the tag like that. I don’t know if it was the real real, yoogies, or fashionphile, but I remember thinking it was odd.

I’ve also seen one or two that had a hole punched in the tag. I’m wondering if this and the star are employee marks too, as mentioned above.

Sorry I can’t be more help. If I run across it again, I’ll post it here.
Thank you for letting us know this! Do you remember the brand of the bag and what type, was it Balenciaga? I think I've read on tPF about Chanel punching holes in tags on items given to their staff.

Thank you for letting us know this! Do you remember the brand of the bag and what type, was it Balenciaga? I think I've read on tPF about Chanel punching holes in tags on items given to their staff.
The one I saw a star on it was a Balenciaga, because looking at those have been my current obsession. Probably a hip or town, as I’ve been looking at cross bodies more recently. It’s possible it has been sold at this point though.
The one with a punched hole in it is still on sale at Fashionphile. It’s a grey hip.
https://www.fashionphile.com/balenciaga-agneau-giant-12-silver-hip-velo-ardoise-257245