Does anyone use Poshmark?

i love the concept behind it! however, in the 3 days i've started using it, i've already encountered some sketchy people. saw a listing for a fake brand name purse and reading the comments for that listing, the seller and many others obviously did not care and pretty much told people who commented that it was a fake to f*** off. When I questioned Poshmark regarding having fakes within the community on their FB page, someone pretty much said the same thing to me. While Poshmark gave a response saying they do not tolerate counterfeits or illegal items, there's been plenty I've seen thus far. I'd still be careful shopping on Poshmark. Not too different than eBay.

bgyoshi said:
i love the concept behind it! however, in the 3 days i've started using it, i've already encountered some sketchy people. saw a listing for a fake brand name purse and reading the comments for that listing, the seller and many others obviously did not care and pretty much told people who commented that it was a fake to f*** off. When I questioned Poshmark regarding having fakes within the community on their FB page, someone pretty much said the same thing to me. While Poshmark gave a response saying they do not tolerate counterfeits or illegal items, there's been plenty I've seen thus far. I'd still be careful shopping on Poshmark. Not too different than eBay.

There are fakes out there. And I know poshmark tries to monitor them and take them off. They now have a "report" function I believe so the users can help with this and sketchy/rude sellers. It is a great concept but just like eBay , Bonz, etsy or any other site where you are buying from individuals - you just have to keep an eye out and use your better judgement. Hopefully they will implement a feedback system in the future it is still a fairly young site so they are always improving.

I've bought, sold, and traded many items through them and I've had great experiences thus far!!

I'm really curious about the Poshmark app as well. It sounds like a great concept but what do you ladies think about buying/selling new to "gently used" premier designer handbags on it? Do you think it's safe to sell these types of things? I see that many sell well-used items or trade for other items.

Thoughts welcome as I've been thinking of selling a lot of my "other" handbags to fund my new "C" addiction:smile:

gquinn said:
I'm really curious about the Poshmark app as well. It sounds like a great concept but what do you ladies think about buying/selling new to "gently used" premier designer handbags on it? Do you think it's safe to sell these types of things? I see that many sell well-used items or trade for other items.

Thoughts welcome as I've been thinking of selling a lot of my "other" handbags to fund my new "C" addiction:smile:

I'm in it but haven't sold anything yet, give it a try with more inexpensive stuff first and stay away from trades as there are no guarantees!

I'm in it but haven't sold anything yet, give it a try with more inexpensive stuff first and stay away from trades as there are no guarantees!

Exactly stays away from trades. People will also ask to use PayPal bc shipping through posh is $7 for the buyers. I've been on the app for a couple months and I love it, haven't had an issues yet and it's really helped clean out my closet and bet rid of a lot of stuff I don't use, and I've made a decent amount of money!

Jeannam2008 said:
Exactly stays away from trades. People will also ask to use PayPal bc shipping through posh is $7 for the buyers. I've been on the app for a couple months and I love it, haven't had an issues yet and it's really helped clean out my closet and bet rid of a lot of stuff I don't use, and I've made a decent amount of money!

How good are people with PP transaction only? How do you do yours? Thanks!

I just joined after reading about it here. I listed a couple of smaller items and am in the process of listing more. I sold one already in just a few hours. I like the concept, but I agree with the above comments about staying away from trades and Paypal transactions. I am hoping to clean out some Coach and Kate Spade items to fund an LV. :smile:

How good are people with PP transaction only? How do you do yours? Thanks!

I've done a couple but I haven't used PM recently at all. You kind of have to be careful if you do go about it because I think they may have started cracking down. I won't do it unless it's a major difference in pricing. A lot of the sellers will raise their prices to compensate for the 20% they will lose. You'd have to exchange emails and continue conversation through there. I won't specifically mention PP but if they're trying to haggle the price I would say something like "email me at [email protected] to discuss pricing" I will do that a lot anyway because it irks me when people will try to haggle and are very persistent and you do agree upon a price for them and then they drop off. You can't edit the comments so then everyone else will expect that price as well.

It has its pros & cons but its not bad.

kenzibray said:
I've done a couple but I haven't used PM recently at all. You kind of have to be careful if you do go about it because I think they may have started cracking down. I won't do it unless it's a major difference in pricing. A lot of the sellers will raise their prices to compensate for the 20% they will lose. You'd have to exchange emails and continue conversation through there. I won't specifically mention PP but if they're trying to haggle the price I would say something like "email me at [email protected] to discuss pricing" I will do that a lot anyway because it irks me when people will try to haggle and are very persistent and you do agree upon a price for them and then they drop off. You can't edit the comments so then everyone else will expect that price as well.

It has its pros & cons but its not bad.

Thank you for the tips!!! Il definitely be using some!

I have been eyeing items on pm for about 2-3 weeks, and just this past week I made my first purchase. I'm slightly uneasy, awaiting the ruling from the authentication thread....
I was thinking of posting some of my older bags.....I just don't know....