does anyone get tired of ...

I totally agree. I am not into clothes or anything else because i rarely get to go somewhere not involving the kids and always feel like i am more "dressed up" when i get a new bag or have a nice bag. You know, as a mother you are always buying things for the kids and making sure they look nice but never have time for yourself if you are like me. People who don't have kids rarely understand until they go through it themselves, getting spit up on or changing diapers all day or getting syrup smooshed into your clothing who wants to wear expensive clothes when you just go to playdates and stay in or go to the park a lot. Everyone has their thing and I think you are completely justified, and it makes you happy : )

perfectly said!:tup: I completely agree. I also wear cheap flip flops and Old Navy jeans and t-shirts. I'm always buying and shopping for the kids and never for myself . Its just the motherly way. BUT....I do feel like I deserve "something" nice and that something is my Coach bags. I'm not buying one every week or month for that matter but I do like to save up and get one every PCE. I know my mother-in-law doesn't agree with my expensive bags. She will make her comments like "oh, wow..you got a new Coach" with a smirk....It makes me feel guilty like I have to defend myself. I hate feeling like I have to defend myself for having nice bags! :tdown:

I'll never understand why people care how other people spend their money. It is only your and your husbands business how you spend your income. I seriously doubt that most women would spend money needed for groceries or household bills on handbags or anything else for that matter. I couldn't care less what people think about what I spend my money on. I have raised two children, lived through lean years when my husband was just getting established, made due with 1 pair of jeans and two turtleneck sweaters as my wardrobe for each year, and considered myself blessed for having such a wonderful family. Now, we have a very comfortable life, hubby is at the top of his game, I make a good income. We both work hard and if I want to spend my money on Coach bags ( which BTW I consider an investment), so be it. Until people start paying my bills, they have no say in what I do with my money. Sorry for the rant, but I know most of you ladies have paid your dues, I know I have, and I hate to hear that people judge you because you want to have nice things. 'Nuff said!!!:boxing: