Does anyone else HATE lotion?

I HATE LOTION! Ugh. I hate it so much. I'd much rather be dry than put that crap on my skin. I always have hated lotion! Even as a little kid in that harsh canadian winter I REFUSED to let my mom put lotion on me.

LOL I kind of figured I would be in the minority, or the only girl on earth who doesn't like it, haha.... People definitely look at me like I have an extra head when they ask for lotion and I say I don't use it.
So why do you guys use lotion? Does it carry some kind of benefit you can only get from it (or oil)?
It doesn't make my skin any softer, just slippery and... I'm sorry, I think it feels really gross. I don't use it after I shave either, and my skin is still just as soft as it was. But I can only speak for myself, maybe I'm lucky and just don't need to use it.
:shrugs:

I hate it, too! It never seems to "sink in" and it feels disgusting. The worst thing is lotion I can still "feel" the morning after I put it on (I usually put it on at night when I have tried). I have found a couple of things that I can tolerate. First is La Mer's body creme. It's very sheer and absorbs right away, and you only use it every few days (or for me, maybe once a week). The other thing is Basin's "vitamin hydrator" in vanilla steam. It smells nice and doesn't keep that "ick" feeling.

I would love to try the almond oil...does anyone know where I can get it?

well, I wouldn't say that I hate lotion but I do hate putting it on, which is why I don't use them often and I have tons of lotion just sitting around. Plus, sometimes it takes forever for the lotion to sink in and I have to wait till it dries so I could put my clothes on.

I think I need to try that Olay in shower body lotion thing.

I also hate the feeling of lotion, especially after a long day -it really does weigh down and makes my skin feel greasy. I went two years before barely applying any and thankfully, I had nice skin.

Not anymore though!

My girlfriends around me loves their lotions and would apply it day and night while I have to force myself to slap it on.

A hand cream or llotion I really love though is by Crabtree & Evelyn called Rosewater Hand Therapy. After applying it, it soaks right in and you can barely feel it. I sometimes just apply it wherever feels dry.

Everyone has different skin. I, personally, LOVE lotion! I have huge bottles of lotion in my bathroom. After I shower and dry myself, I slather lotion all over my body. I've been doing this since I was 13, and my skin is as smooth as a baby's butt. :lol: I can't even tell you how many times my BF has told me that he loves how soft my skin is, and can't keep his hands off me. It's like he always wants to cuddle! lol

I always keep a small squeeze bottle of lotion in my car's glove box, my desk at work, and my purse. I always need to have lotion with me, my hands get dry quickly. Just a teeny little bit of lotion goes a long way. :P

I have tons of lotions---probably because my mom has always been a huge lotion person. She is someone who stocks up during BBW, VS, and Avon sales and actually USES up her stock, rather than it just sitting in a cabinet, like mine. I think I buy it from watching her lotion up all of the time, but I just don't go through it like she does.

For years, my legs would break out if I put on any kind of lotion right after shaving. But, I also can't stand putting lotion on legs that aren't freshly shaven...weird, I know. Lately, though, I've noticed that my legs can tolerate lotion a lot better than they did in the past. I guess I like lotion in theory, but not so much in practice.

I do use lotion, but my skin tends to get really dry and just soaks it right up. But I completley know what you mean about the greasy ickyness of it. I can't put on face lotion in the summer bc it gets so hot that it literally turns into this filmy nasty stuff cuase I'm sweating plus the lotion. It's so gross.

But jeez, lucky you for not needing it! I'm jealous ;)