Documenting Chanel CC markings through time

I recently bought a Chanel Jumbo Caviar with a marking on the top left. I was scared because it was Made In Italy. I had it authenticated here and if was found authentic and they also authenticated it at Vestiaire Collective where I bought it. It is authentic, has the mark and it is Made in Italy. I hope that helps.
hi, unsure if you will read this. But I just got myself one too and I'm now worried it might be fake . Do you have photos of yours?

hi, unsure if you will read this. But I just got myself one too and I'm now worried it might be fake . Do you have photos of yours?
Hello! Why do you think it is fake. I don’t have pictures but I do have the bag. It has been authenticated by three people. Here on VC that I bought it and in a fb group. It even has the one chain link without leather that I thought was not correct but it shiws it was from then and it is authentic.

Hello! Why do you think it is fake. I don’t have pictures but I do have the bag. It has been authenticated by three people. Here on VC that I bought it and in a fb group. It even has the one chain link without leather that I thought was not correct but it shiws it was from then and it is authentic.

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

What made me nervous was the fact that is made in Italy and everywhere I read that the ones with hallmark aren’t made in Italy.
Other than that the bag looks authentic 100%.
Maybe I should have it authenticitared?

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

What made me nervous was the fact that is made in Italy and everywhere I read that the ones with hallmark aren’t made in Italy.
Other than that the bag looks authentic 100%.
Maybe I should have it authenticitared?
You are so welcome. I know what you mean cause I read everywhere that they were not made in Italy but I also read that in the beginning caviar Jumbo was actually made in Italy. What a confusion. Do have it authenticated here or wherever you prefer but I believe that yours would be authentic too.

You are so welcome. I know what you mean cause I read everywhere that they were not made in Italy but I also read that in the beginning caviar Jumbo was actually made in Italy. What a confusion. Do have it authenticated here or wherever you prefer but I believe that yours would be authentic too.
I got it from Rewind. I went there myself. They are based in Chelsea-London. And they gave me a lifetime guarantee so I felt safe and relieved. But you are right I should have it authenticated here (if I can work out how).

Thanks again , you have ease my nerves.

I got it from Rewind. I went there myself. They are based in Chelsea-London. And they gave me a lifetime guarantee so I felt safe and relieved. But you are right I should have it authenticated here (if I can work out how).

Thanks again , you have ease my nerves.
I wouldn’t worry. I bought mine from Vestiaire Collective but I did authenticate it here as well and after I got it I read all about them being Made in France so I had it auth on a fb group. I don’t remember which one. I really don’t think Rewind would have given you a guarantee unless they were sure of its authenticity. Also these stores do physical authentication which is of course so much better than sending pictures. I could have it authenticated somewhere else I don’t remember but I would have to ship the bag to them which I didn’t want to risk. You know paying a hige amount for insured shipping and if lost somehow having to go through so much to get the money. That would be a fuss. I trust VC not that mistakes cannot be made but I believe these bags are too expensive and they are very meticulous in authenticating. That said I wouldn’t worry having yours too. Mine was from 2008 or 2009 I think. It had no auth card but everything proved its authenticity. Do enjoy your beautiful bag and you kniw sonething, we are lucky to have bags from back then with better golden chain and all as new ones don’t really have the same quality.

This is an interesting thread and great for helping out to sort my question these days.

Actually I collect many vintage Chanel bags n these few years, and most of them have the little square or 3 strokes on turnlocks which I know they were made in 24 gold in France before. But this time I met this tassel bag from a big online website in USA, look at it which is a little "CC" on front left. I first thought it was fake but then I paid for a authenticated online company and they replied me it is authentic. It doesnt have serial seal or glue...so I think might be it was made in 80s?? Does anyone know about this stamp? Or shall I pay another authenticated company to check one more time? Hope I can get some replies for u gals ~~ Cheers xoxo

Attachments

• fsgHtR5h.jpeg
    fsgHtR5h.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 254
  • iff-QvtB.jpeg
    iff-QvtB.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 254
Hello! Has anyone figured out what the different marks mean? Here's mine. 2008-9, made in France, medium flap! W marking on the top left!
Hi, I'm so sorry but this is the first time I have seen this marking on a Chanel bag -besides the vintage one I have just bought. It is also from the 2006-2008 time period. Can I just ask if you bought this pre-loved or in -person? Thanks so much.

Hi, I'm so sorry but this is the first time I have seen this marking on a Chanel bag -besides the vintage one I have just bought. It is also from the 2006-2008 time period. Can I just ask if you bought this pre-loved or in -person? Thanks so much.
Strangest things have happened. Mine has a marking, it is from 2008 and Made in Italy. I have authenticated it in two places and it is authentic. I always thought that the bags with the marking were all MIF. It is a Jumbo Caviar GHW of course.

Strangest things have happened. Mine has a marking, it is from 2008 and Made in Italy. I have authenticated it in two places and it is authentic. I always thought that the bags with the marking were all MIF. It is a Jumbo Caviar GHW of course.
Hi Cat1967, So does yours have a "W" hallmark as well? The vintage one I recently bought is a lambskin medium double flap bag. (gold hardware) Bought in the US. (Sorry I am new to posting on here-what does MIF mean?)