Docride's Hermes vintage bag nightmares & Hermes leather care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Doc,
This is my first time posting on this thread. I'm looking at a couple of plume bags. This one says Chamonix but the stamp is wrong. It is box? A Also wondering if the "painted" handles will be an issue.
Thank you so very much for all that you do.

Dear Docride:smile:
You have helped me with my box Kelly's before, and I usually try to condition them once or twice a year with Blackrock. I see you no longer recommend Blackrock.
Can you please recommend another product I can use? I live in Norway and we have very few choices here, most leather products are for shoes and contains silione so I need to order online :hrmm:
TIA :flowers:

Thanks so so much, Doc! Yes, it is a rare and I like the tri-color tone! Thanks for the advice on smoothening the edge . It is a sellier, so the wear on the edge can be quite noticeable. Good to know that conditioner can polish it and smoothen it. This is the good thing about box! I will think about it seriously! I am just 5'1", unsure if 32 fits me. I love the 28 blue marine kelly though...

Thanks again doc! You are the star [emoji294]️

Hi, Doc, it is me again. I got more close up pictures of the tricolour box I am still considering to buy. it's a lovely and rare bag. Could you pls kindly advise how I can address the corner issues and seems some stitching issue. Do you think it needs go to Hermes shop for repair and spa? or I can polish it with cleanser wipe and conditioner? Will appreciate your advice, pls..

Attachments

• IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2136.JPG
    IMG_2136.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_2137.JPG
    IMG_2137.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 438

Hello and welcome !
The bag looks like it might be vache natural
I'm not sure about the paint I'll need to look on a larger screen
Is it just the handles and corners or more areas? Maybe ask the seller for the details
If it's just corners and a little on the handles it wouldn't worry me personally as those areas tend to wear off you could always just wait for it to wear off if you were concerned about sending the bag to Hermes for servicing
The stamps look fine to me
All the best doc

Hi, Doc, it is me again. I got more close up pictures of the tricolour box I am still considering to buy. it's a lovely and rare bag. Could you pls kindly advise how I can address the corner issues and seems some stitching issue. Do you think it needs go to Hermes shop for repair and spa? or I can polish it with cleanser wipe and conditioner? Will appreciate your advice, pls..

Hi again
It's a very cool bag in my opinion it needs a professionals touch to look it's best some color restoration and resin edge freshening will make this bag look much more lovely
While cleaning and conditioning is a good idea; It won't restore the color.
All the best doc

Dear Docride:smile:
You have helped me with my box Kelly's before, and I usually try to condition them once or twice a year with Blackrock. I see you no longer recommend Blackrock.
Can you please recommend another product I can use? I live in Norway and we have very few choices here, most leather products are for shoes and contains silione so I need to order online :hrmm:
TIA :flowers:

Hi,
Oh I'm sorry if I have given You pause , please do not worry. If you are doing fine with the product stay with it
I no longer recommend it as most folks are getting in trouble with it and aren't able to follow directions or best practices regarding the leather types it's best for and the application process
So I recommend much simpler straight forward products and system of application
All the best doc

Hello and welcome !
The bag looks like it might be vache natural
I'm not sure about the paint I'll need to look on a larger screen
Is it just the handles and corners or more areas? Maybe ask the seller for the details
If it's just corners and a little on the handles it wouldn't worry me personally as those areas tend to wear off you could always just wait for it to wear off if you were concerned about sending the bag to Hermes for servicing
The stamps look fine to me
All the best doc

Hi Doc,
Thank you so much for your reply!
I'll contact the seller for more info and see what they say.

The stamp is gold, which is why I thought it might be box or swift, so thank you for correcting me.

Have a great day!!

Hi again
It's a very cool bag in my opinion it needs a professionals touch to look it's best some color restoration and resin edge freshening will make this bag look much more lovely
While cleaning and conditioning is a good idea; It won't restore the color.
All the best doc

Thanks so so so much Doc. I really appreciate your advice. The seller said can facilitate sending it back to hermes for repairing service. Though I know it will take longer time to see this beautiful bag in hand. I guess now need to make the final decision on this size fits my small frame. Thanks again, doc!

Hi,
Oh I'm sorry if I have given You pause , please do not worry. If you are doing fine with the product stay with it
I no longer recommend it as most folks are getting in trouble with it and aren't able to follow directions or best practices regarding the leather types it's best for and the application process
So I recommend much simpler straight forward products and system of application
All the best doc
Ahh, ok. Thank you so much Docride. Then I'm safe for now :smartass:The weather is getting warmer so I'm itching to take that Kelly outside:heart:

Hi all, I have just gotten a 2006 kelly lakis. Would like to share with everyone that I will be posting updates of how i am going to diy refurbish the chocolate box leather kelly with docrides luxury again spa kits.

As for the toile, I have already cleaned it with melamine sponge (similiar to mr clean magic eraser.

Here are the before and after photos.

Before:
IMG_1498211280.203186.jpg

After:
IMG_1498211289.854553.jpg

Hi docride, I believe in the past you've recommended Meltonian All Purpose Cleaner & Conditioner. My local cobbler says it's no longer available. Are there other comparable products you'd suggest? I'd like something to use on Epsom. Thank you!

Hi all, I have just gotten a 2006 kelly lakis. Would like to share with everyone that I will be posting updates of how i am going to diy refurbish the chocolate box leather kelly with docrides luxury again spa kits.

As for the toile, I have already cleaned it with melamine sponge (similiar to mr clean magic eraser.

Here are the before and after photos.

Before:
View attachment 3740785

After:
View attachment 3740786
Splendid! Would you post a step by step guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.