Do you wear your designer bag to work/interviews?

Serapian small Secret totes
Appropriateness of logoed or designer bags in the workplace is not a one size fits all situation. What is appropriate is very much industry and company determined. In some companies, these (so called) badges of success are almost a necessity to signal that you are at a certain level and are signs of credibility. Or in high end creative environments, a striking and stylish handbag (designer or no) can be seen as a positive indicator of a creative mind. Personally, I think anyone caring what anyone else wears (vs their competency) is tragic and the psychology of a mindless pack animal. But, it is reality. My point is just that “realities” may vary. :smile:

I carry a high end bag for my client meetings / interviews but chose one that almost no one knows - Max Mara Large Whitney tote. It’s sleek as well as functional with a center zip section along with interior pockets. Once I’m “on the job” I carry the highest personality bags that the culture will tolerate. I see no need to rock the boat but will avail myself of any flexibility available.

Reactions: onlinetime123
Serapian small Secret totes are my go-to work bags these days, and I've carried them without any qualms in interviews. I personally don't think logos or flashy hardware are appropriate in the workplace, and also think a work bag needs to be big enough to carry files and/or a laptop. As someone who has conducted interviews, I do not like Chanel flaps, Givenchy Antigonas etc. in interviews. They're date/weekend bags. A serious job candidate should carry a serious, capacious, under-the-radar work tote bag.

Appropriateness of logoed or designer bags in the workplace is not a one size fits all situation. What is appropriate is very much industry and company determined. In some companies, these (so called) badges of success are almost a necessity to signal that you are at a certain level and are signs of credibility. Or in high end creative environments, a striking and stylish handbag (designer or no) can be seen as a positive indicator of a creative mind. Personally, I think anyone caring what anyone else wears (vs their competency) is tragic and the psychology of a mindless pack animal. But, it is reality. My point is just that “realities” may vary. :smile:

I carry a high end bag for my client meetings / interviews but chose one that almost no one knows - Max Mara Large Whitney tote. It’s sleek as well as functional with a center zip section along with interior pockets. Once I’m “on the job” I carry the highest personality bags that the culture will tolerate. I see no need to rock the boat but will avail myself of any flexibility available.
thank you for this, sound advice! any suggestions for plain, black or brown (logoless) high quality bags, suitable for interviews?