Do you wear shoes in your house??

Do you wear shoes on in your house??

• Yes, I do wear shoes in my house.

• No, I do not wear shoes in my house.

Results are only viewable after voting.
no shoes in my house. one of my younger son's friends' mom asked how come all the kids take off their shoes when they visited her house, and he said we do it at mrs.**'s (my name) house . LOL.

omg.. I'm laaaughing right now. No, we don't wear shoes in the house. There are exceptions, but Missie I agree, yuk, might as well walk barefoot in the street... and some people do.:nuts:

Anyway, I have to tell this, true story. My SO had his condo on the market. So you can imagine everything is tidy, in it's place, relatively clean, smelling good.;) Okay, so a lady wanted to come and look at the place one day after work. Great! We ask that people take their shoes off or if they preferred we had booties to go over the shoes... to help keep the floor clean.

The lady arrives, really nice as she walks through the door, just got off work. She takes off her shoes. Not even 2 minutes into the showing, I start smelling something. :sick: It got progressively stronger and all of a sudden, he obviously smelled it too, my BF instinctively blurts out, " oh I'm sorry, I think my cat may have just gone to the bathroom". :shocked: Yes. It smelled like that.:throwup:

No problem. Darn cat. We all laugh about it and move on. Shortly after she leaves. We literally open all the windows and doors. We then go right to the cat box to remove........ nothing? You got it. :nogood: Poor buddy got the blame.

It was her feet! and more than her feet, it was her SHOES! We thought, why on earth didn't she take the booties?! It's like she had no idea.

Once we realized what it was and then remembered what he said about the cat :nuts: , we laughed.

I live in Vancouver and almost always we take off our shoes when visiting homes even if they have hardwood floors. I know in some countries - shoes in the house is normal

i don't wear shoes in the apt...bc it's cleaner this way. but i wear house slipper all seasons. i just don't like my feet touching the kitchen/bathroom floor. it's old apartment and they aren't clean regardless how much i clearn them..they just never look clean.
even when i go back home in HK....we also wear house slippers...just the way it is i guess.
i find it very disgusting to have your guess take off their shoes and your house aren't that clean. it happened to me and i was pissed off on the inside.

sometimes it's bad when ppl have smelly feet. i'd rather they keep their shoes on.

omg.. I'm laaaughing right now. No, we don't wear shoes in the house. There are exceptions, but Missie I agree, yuk, might as well walk barefoot in the street... and some people do.:nuts:

Anyway, I have to tell this, true story. My SO had his condo on the market. So you can imagine everything is tidy, in it's place, relatively clean, smelling good.;) Okay, so a lady wanted to come and look at the place one day after work. Great! We ask that people take their shoes off or if they preferred we had booties to go over the shoes... to help keep the floor clean.

The lady arrives, really nice as she walks through the door, just got off work. She takes off her shoes. Not even 2 minutes into the showing, I start smelling something. :sick: It got progressively stronger and all of a sudden, he obviously smelled it too, my BF instinctively blurts out, " oh I'm sorry, I think my cat may have just gone to the bathroom". :shocked: Yes. It smelled like that.:throwup:

No problem. Darn cat. We all laugh about it and move on. Shortly after she leaves. We literally open all the windows and doors. We then go right to the cat box to remove........ nothing? You got it. :nogood: Poor buddy got the blame.

It was her feet! and more than her feet, it was her SHOES! We thought, why on earth didn't she take the booties?! It's like she had no idea.

Once we realized what it was and then remembered what he said about the cat :nuts: , we laughed.

I see this with a lot of drunk girls who can't wear their heels anymore, and every time I see it, I think to myself, "Eww, how can you into your home like that!?" If I wear sandals outside, when I get home I even wash my feet in the tub!! I don't even want me feet to touch the floor or goodness forbid the bed!! Although my foot is in a sandal, we all know that it touches other things as well. This also goes for when people wear loooong pants that touch the ground, I can't imagine them sitting on my bed with those icky bottoms touching the ground. (I know, a little OCD of me over public floors!!)

And for your story.. I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Some people have really icky smelling work shoes. She was probably just used to the stank. :throwup:

Only when I get in the door (we go in through the garage to the laundry room, not through the front door), then I take them off. It's not for any particular reason other than it's more comfy.
When people visit, they can do whatever, we're usually in the tiled areas anyway, not on the carpeted areas.

im the odd man out. i wear shoes in my house as does my family and any one that visits...i don't like to be bare foot [im weird!]. we have a basket by the door for shoes to go in, but that is mainly for the boys to put their shoes in so they don't misplace them.

we have wood downstairs and carpet on the stairs and in our room. our carpet is clean. the boys room is another story, and that is my 4 yr old's fault. he continues to sneak food and sippys in there...grrr. i vacuum/sweep/mop about twice a week.

I can't believe no one has mentioed this but - in Canada we always take our shoes off. Liek the Scandanavian comment - our weather is nasty so wearing shoes in the house would be gross.
It would be considered very rude to keep your shoes on here.
BUT I always think it's so weird that on TV shows they keep their shoes on in the house so I asked an American friend (that I met on TPF ;)) about this and she said it was an American thing =)

I wear shoes in my apartment sometimes, but not constantly. I also rent.

Plus I have dogs so our carpet is never going to be the cleanest on the block.

When I was in 9th grade I went to a friend's house and we went downstairs to get on the computer. Apparantly her great aunt had watched me come in and followed us downstairs. She started yelling at me in vietnamese and pointing at my shoes, then proceeded to hit me (not very hard) with something, I think was a pair of shoes or some papers.

I was shocked and took off my shoes. She yelled something at my friend and went back upstairs. I looked at my friend like, "wtf?" and she shrugs and says, "Forgot to tell you you're supposed to take off your shoes".

OMG - this made me actually LOL and I snorted too :nuts:

that is hysterical!

Her feet and shoes both must have been smelling