Do you travel with your Goyard?

crisbac

O.G.
Mar 30, 2014
I was wondering if you travel with your Goyard... I saw the question on the Hermès forum and it piqued my curiosity.
Do you take your Goyard on a business trip or on vacation? If so, which bag do you prefer? Do you protect it in transit? If so, how? What was your experience like traveling with your Goyard?

I'm thinking about carrying my Saint Louis PM black/black with me on my next trip to Rome and Milan...

I have taken my St. Louis pms on vacation in the US and it’s a great tote to carry around all day. For Europe, I prefer carrying a backpack but if I did carry a tote, I’d use a zippered one or have a zippered organizer in it.

• Love
Reactions: crisbac
I have taken my St. Louis pms on vacation in the US and it’s a great tote to carry around all day. For Europe, I prefer carrying a backpack but if I did carry a tote, I’d use a zippered one or have a zippered organizer in it.
Thanks, @earthygirl! :heart: I love that the Saint Louis can be carried around all day. In fact, I got two zippered organizers in white with black zippers to match the interior.

I was wondering if you travel with your Goyard... I saw the question on the Hermès forum and it piqued my curiosity.
Do you take your Goyard on a business trip or on vacation? If so, which bag do you prefer? Do you protect it in transit? If so, how? What was your experience like traveling with your Goyard?

I'm thinking about carrying my Saint Louis PM black/black with me on my next trip to Rome and Milan...
I have an Artois MM that I use as my in-cabin travel bag. I usually carry my kindle, a sweater or throw, my neck pillow, magazines, toothbrush, hand cream, etc. It fits under the seat in front of my and it’s perfect. I have several other Goyard handbags (a Rouette, Anjou, and a Plumet) but I don’t bring them if I’m using the Artois.

• Love
I have an Artois MM that I use as my in-cabin travel bag. I usually carry my kindle, a sweater or throw, my neck pillow, magazines, toothbrush, hand cream, etc. It fits under the seat in front of my and it’s perfect. I have several other Goyard handbags (a Rouette, Anjou, and a Plumet) but I don’t bring them if I’m using the Artois.
Thank you, @Lillianlm! :heart: It's great to know about the capacity of the Artois MM and that it fits under the seat.

Reactions: Lillianlm

I have almost the same collection, but instead of Rouette I have a Varenne (Goyard Woc) and a Croisette. The Artois started as a purse for me but quickly found itself as the perfect travel tote! Visited the boutique today to see the passport holder...
DH has my new list lol

I travel with my St. Louis and Artois all of the time. Perfect bags for travel, as I don't "worry" about them like my others. The canvas is easy. Now, if only I didn't have to deal with the color from the handles transferring onto my clothes. Extremely frustrating.

• Wow
I travel with my St. Louis and Artois all of the time. Perfect bags for travel, as I don't "worry" about them like my others. The canvas is easy. Now, if only I didn't have to deal with the color from the handles transferring onto my clothes. Extremely frustrating.
Thanks, @BagLoverTX1231! :heart: I'm so happy to know the Saint Louis and the Artois are your perfect bags for travel, but I'm astonished that you get color transfer from the handles to your clothes.

I use my St. Louis as a beach/pool bag. I have had it for years and find it's the perfect size for sunny vacations. I don't ever put it on the ground or in the sand, it still gets a little respect. Such a great bag and so easy to pack in my suitcase.

• Love

I carry my black Anjou in TX heat everyday and haven't ever had this problem, I'm so sorry!

I use my St. Louis as a beach/pool bag. I have had it for years and find it's the perfect size for sunny vacations. I don't ever put it on the ground or in the sand, it still gets a little respect. Such a great bag and so easy to pack in my suitcase.
Thank you, @LJNLori! :heart: It's great to know that you've had it for years and it's the perfect size. And I considered packing it in my suitcase, just in case...

Thanks, @BagLoverTX1231! :heart: I'm so happy to know the Saint Louis and the Artois are your perfect bags for travel, but I'm astonished that you get color transfer from the handles to your clothes.
Goyard just replaced both handles at no cost, but the red St. Louis is already doing it again. Not buying any more Goyard. And I'm not a heavy lotion or product user. Nothing in my hair or on my body and no out of the ordinary laundry soap. It's a known problem once you start asking around.

Glad they replaced!
It's been mentioned here, but not prolifically. I have white, grey, green and black and haven't experienced it, it's over 100 here in the summer and still no transfer for me, luckily.