Do you think this looks a little too tight?

I like mine to be a drop loose and opted for the next size up with no regrets. I find myself wondering if there was a surplus of size 16 in that store and not many 17...

Reactions: louloumoo
I doubt Cartier SA’s intend any harm, they’ve just been trained to steer customers toward the snug fit per the Cartier tradition AND because bracelets are less likely to be dinged, damaged or the screws loosened if they sit closer to the wrist. At end of day, size and fit are a personal preference..consider your bone structure, climate, stacks or no stacks and whether you’ll wear with shorter sleeves or long to determine the sizing that suits you best.

I went with a size 18 for my 15,5 cm wrist and I‘m so glad. It‘s not constricting at all, and smaller than any round bangle I have had. Also I have a prominent wrist bone. The 17 would have been too small for my liking, no allowance for summer, swelling, whatever, with the screws on the inside.
The 16 is cheaper to make (less gold weight) so if they are not listening to their customer, I‘m thinking they could be pushing and pushing the bracelet which gives them more of a profit? I mean why would they treat you like a child who doesn‘t know what she wants? I find that this lacks respect.
Go with what you like. Bones don‘t get smaller when you lose weight, so I‘d go with the 17.

I agree with the comments above. If your wrist bone is 6", 16 is too tight. I'd go with the 17. My wrist is around 14-14.25 cm. I opted for the 16 instead of the 15, and I'm so glad I did.

That looks a tad snug in my opinion. I recommend going back and trying the size 17 to see how you feel. Even if you decide to keep the 16, you’ll have peace of mind and won’t always wonder if you made the right choice. These are very expensive pieces of jewelry so it doesn’t hurt to try the next size up.

This is my in size 15 my SA actually suggested I go for 16 because she personally preferred the looser fit but I dislike how it moves up and down my arm. But now seeing the marks on my arm I wonder if she is right .....

Attachments

• 83C2B65D-7D7E-4BF8-B39D-84D8F45F4CC9.jpeg
    83C2B65D-7D7E-4BF8-B39D-84D8F45F4CC9.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 7C54100E-8200-4C45-B0FF-CBC2376D4ED6.jpeg
    7C54100E-8200-4C45-B0FF-CBC2376D4ED6.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 314
  • B239BBED-D9E6-4055-88DF-C091A61A554B.jpeg
    B239BBED-D9E6-4055-88DF-C091A61A554B.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 318
Reactions: marzipanchen
This is my in size 15 my SA actually suggested I go for 16 because she personally preferred the looser fit but I dislike how it moves up and down my arm. But now seeing the marks on my arm I wonder if she is right .....
Mine fits like yours, maybe even a little tighter, and I like it that way. But I'm a guy and I think a tighter fit looks better on a guy. I also get the marks on my arm.

Reactions: Chaton

It really depends on what makes you comfortable and the look you’re happy with. When I bought my love my SA sized me for 17 for a looser fit too. But it could easily rotate on my wrist so I chose to go with a 16 which fits very similar to your 15. Sometimes I also wonder if I should have listened and bought the 17 but I think the movement would have bothered me, especially since I can still rotate my 16 love if I wanted to.

Reactions: Susimoo
What is your wrist bone in cm? To me, that looks like a tight fit if that is what you are going for. I prefer a more comfort fit by adding 1.5 cm to the wrist bone, which is a perfect fit in my opinion. Also, some people mention they don't like it when they are able to turn the bracelet around their wrist. I'm able to do that freely, and it doesn't bother me that I am able to do that with my other hand - very rarely does the bracelet turn on its own, but even if it does, it doesn't bother me. Also, I plan to stack another one soon and want them to move without being constricting.

Mine fits like yours, maybe even a little tighter, and I like it that way. But I'm a guy and I think a tighter fit looks better on a guy. I also get the marks on my arm.

It really depends on what makes you comfortable and the look you’re happy with. When I bought my love my SA sized me for 17 for a looser fit too. But it could easily rotate on my wrist so I chose to go with a 16 which fits very similar to your 15. Sometimes I also wonder if I should have listened and bought the 17 but I think the movement would have bothered me, especially since I can still rotate my 16 love if I wanted to.

What is your wrist bone in cm? To me, that looks like a tight fit if that is what you are going for. I prefer a more comfort fit by adding 1.5 cm to the wrist bone, which is a perfect fit in my opinion. Also, some people mention they don't like it when they are able to turn the bracelet around their wrist. I'm able to do that freely, and it doesn't bother me that I am able to do that with my other hand - very rarely does the bracelet turn on its own, but even if it does, it doesn't bother me. Also, I plan to stack another one soon and want them to move without being constricting.

Thank you all for your input. Initially when I tried the 16 I thought it moved around too much and how it flipped and turned really annoyed me. When I tried the 15 it felt good in store. But after a bit of time in summer weather the 15 doesn’t move on my wrist on its own even if I move my arm but I can move it myself if I need to. I remember in winter the thinnest part of my wrist was about 13.5cm and now In summer (after 5kg of Xmas weight that did not go away hehe) my left wrist measures about 13.8-14. Eventually I will want to stack with VCA perlee, thin love and Hermes kelly. I dislike when bracelets move around too much and bang against everything but I wonder if this is meant to be a bangle and if I’ll get used to a bigger size during everyday wear. I too, wish half sizes are available