do you think chanel is better quality than lv?

Hard to answer ur question.. It depend on how u use and taking care of the bag. If the bag is high quality but if you throw it and not taking good care of it, it will not last long. But LV vacentha u can replace it for life time.. I did change my LV strap at LV. And to be honest with u, Chanel is designed for social elite when it first invented and LV designed for travel..so both have different approaches.. But I love Chanel, because of how it looks and I think it is much worth it to have compare to LV..I sold all of my LV bag and left only 1 my speedy. I love speedy because of it light weight and so roomy, one function bag. I prefer chanel because of the look, more feminine, leather, and worth buying.

This is funny you ask the question, my mom and I were discussing the ways we use our LV and Chanel bags today!

I think the LV bags really can withstand daily use well, especially the "coated canvas" versions. I think the Chanel bags are beautiful and I love mine, but use them for more "special" occasions. I'm a mom of 2 and my LV goes with me everywhere...that coated canvas has had spilled milk on it and I can just wipe it away. I would cry if they spilled milk on my Chanel!!

Depends on your lifestyle and use of the bags...

I've never owned a bag long enough to tell what the quality is like after several years. Personally I would just carry what I like. I am not too concerned what will hold up 20 years from now because I wouldn't even keep a bag that long.

I'm not sure which is better since I only own 1 LV....

however it is a suhali bag and the quality is absolutely incredible on this one.

I am also very very happy with the flaps I have, have been lucky & haven't had any quality issues, knock on wood. Lately I bought flaps from several years ago, the quality is amazing on those. :smile:

I really can't decide either. I do for sure baby most of my Chanel's, not so much my GST. If I am going on a trip though the Chanel stays home and the LV's go. If those tsa's are going to manhandle my Pegase and my handbag than I need something durable. I just took my Monte with and I was a little nervous when I saw them pushing it into a different tub but it was just fine. I would be really upset if that was a Chanel. With the price of a Chanel now I find I have to be much more carefull where they go.

I really can't decide either. I do for sure baby most of my Chanel's, not so much my GST. If I am going on a trip though the Chanel stays home and the LV's go. If those tsa's are going to manhandle my Pegase and my handbag than I need something durable. I just took my Monte with and I was a little nervous when I saw them pushing it into a different tub but it was just fine. I would be really upset if that was a Chanel. With the price of a Chanel now I find I have to be much more carefull where they go.

haha, yup, I hear that.

I watch the airport and airline personnel literally THROW people's bags. !
grrrr

I've haven't purchased any LV's in many years but the older LV's which I have are better quality and hold up better than the new ones. I feel like some of the new LV's aren't well made since I've had friends that have had some issues with their bags and took them back to the boutique.

I've heard the same about Chanel too but I haven't had any issues with my Chanel and it's only a year old. I only purchase all my designer bags at boutiques to ensure authenticity.

It all depends on the styles and leather you're talking about. Just saying "chanel" isn't enough. For example, an LV speedy is more timeless than a Chanel Cambon ligne bag. And quality and durability, an epi leather LV bag may be more durable through the years than a lambskin flap.

Unless Chanel and LV are using the same materials and making the same styles of bag, I don't think you can compare. Most Chanels are all leather, whereas LV uses more canvas. You can't compare leather to canvas...and you can't compare a classic flap to a Speedy. I don't really understand threads like this as they often turn out badly.

I will say this: I prefer Chanel to LV because I love the styles more and I feel like they are a better investment. I love the quilting and I think Chanel does some of the best patent bags. I used to be an LV girl but I've sold probably 80% of my LV's now and Chanel is slowly taking over my closet. It is all about personal preference.
I think LV is more durable,my mom had LV bag for 30yrs and still looks same as new

Reactions: LJChicago
So far between the two, I’ve only had issues with my 1st LV coated canvas bag. It developed several cracks after a few yrs. Now I only buy their leather bags/wallets and thankfully no issues all these yrs. My Chanel bags on the other hand have remained in pristine condition, all in caviar and aged calfskin.