Do You Remove Your Rings @ Night ?

I used to have a necklace that I never took off, but any more I can't sleep with any jewelry on.

I guess when get married I will have to find a comfy wedding ring.

I remove all my jewelry before sleeping and put it on before I head out the door in the morning.

My mom also told me not to sleep with earrings b/c it will stretch your ear holes.

I used to have a necklace that I never took off, but any more I can't sleep with any jewelry on.

I guess when get married I will have to find a comfy wedding ring.

That's interesting you said that. I thought my wedding band would be comfy to wear in bed. But i was so wrong. My Husband removes his band too !

LV, Shanam and Champaign or anyone else who would care to answer this, and i did not mention your name..

When bathing, showering or washing your hair with your jewelry on, do you not worry about the possibility of the jewelry being ruined by soaps or shampoos ?

LV, Shanam and Champaign or anyone else who would care to answer that does this and i did not mention your name..

For those who bath, shower & wash hair with your jewelry on, do you not worry about the possibility of the jewelry being ruined by soaps or shampoos ?

I used to shower with a white gold ring and after about a year it became yellow-ish. So I went to get it cleaned and the jewerler told me to NEVER shower with any jewerly on.

LV, Shanam and Champaign or anyone else who would care to answer this, and i did not mention your name..

When bathing, showering or washing your hair with your jewelry on, do you not worry about the possibility of the jewelry being ruined by soaps or shampoos ?

Not "ruined" but definitely a film will form.
I try to clean my jewelry in a sonic cleaner when I remember - to remove the film - it's especially bad in areas with lots of minerals.

That's interesting you said that. I thought my wedding band would be comfy to wear in bed. But i was so wrong. My Husband removes his band too !

My engagement ring (picked out, but won't have it for several months) is very sparkly with almost a full carat of side stones, so I am thinking that a simple, thin band might be the logical choice both for appearance and comfort.

And being Jewish, I have to have a plain gold band for the ceremony anyway.

My engagement ring (picked out, but won't have it for several months) is very sparkly with almost a full carat of side stones, so I am thinking that a simple, thin band might be the logical choice both for appearance and comfort.

And being Jewish, I have to have a plain gold band for the ceremony anyway.

I picked a band that is not so thin ....maybe thats partly why i just cant sleep with it on at night.

I take off all my jewelry before bed. Years ago I used to sleep w/ my rings on but there was an incident:rolleyes:
You see, I usually wake up in the morning and pee and wash my face. Well one day I took my rings off and put them on the sink and as I flushed the toilet I heard a distinct "plink" noise. Much to my horror my wedding band had bounced off the sink right into the toilet and got flushed. My husband freaked while I cried:lecture: . Then I had the brilliant idea of calling our cess pool company who didn't believe I did it by accident!! They actually came rushing over and stuck a camera in our pipes and found it. The cess pool guy must have thought I was an idiot b/c he told me to make sure I soak it in ammonia and clean it well before I put it back on my finger...DUH!!:yucky:
$250 later I found myself sleeping w/ out jewelry at nite.