Do you prefer the Hop or Jodie?

Do you prefer the small Hop or teen Jodie?

• Hop

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • Jodie

Votes: 61 61.0%

• Total voters
I think the Teen Jodie is larger than the small Hop. I was planning to buy the small Hop but the opening is snug and therefore impractical. I think the Opening on the teen is bigger. Pity because I definitely prefer the shape of the Hop. It just needs some design tweaks to make it more functional.
That’s useful to hear about the opening being bigger on the Jodie. I was leaning towards the Hop as I need to be able to wear a bag on my shoulder. I’ve tried on both and the Jodie is snug on the shoulder but I’m wondering if the drop would get bigger after using the bag for a while and if the bag contains something, to weigh it down. In which case given what you’ve said about the opening I may prefer the Jodie.

The leather should soften allowing for a better shoulder fit. An old BV hack was to put a couple of cans of soup (or beans) in a veneta hobo and hang it on a doorknob to help the stretch along.

Adding: if you’ve tried both, did you notice any difficulty getting stuff in and out of the Hop?

Ooof that's a bit hard. I really like both.
If I had to choose, I go with Jodie.
There is something wonderful in the clean lines of the Hop bag but I think the knot on the Jodie just gives it that little extra touch of uniqueness.
Yes I tend to agree with this, the Jodie is so unique. And I feel in black it can be worn for work but the style also means it’s more relaxed to be used casually as well. Also am worried about the corners on Hop sticking out!

Reactions: jbags07
I think the Hop is nice but my heart is with the Jodie! The knot detail and the eventual slouchiness of it does it for me. I just find the Jodie really versatile, though I do like that the smaller Hop has a crossbody strap for if you need to go hands free.
Also on the Hop I’d be a bit concerned about what those corners will look like in a couple years.

That’s useful to hear about the opening being bigger on the Jodie. I was leaning towards the Hop as I need to be able to wear a bag on my shoulder. I’ve tried on both and the Jodie is snug on the shoulder but I’m wondering if the drop would get bigger after using the bag for a while and if the bag contains something, to weigh it down. In which case given what you’ve said about the opening I may prefer the Jodie.
insightful!

Reactions: jbags07
I was trying both yesterday. I was surprised about how small the opening of the Hop really is. I’m trying to find out whether it would fit a standard ipad, but even if it does, it will be a bit of a hassle to put it in. I‘ve tried the Jodie before and my issue has always been that it does not stay put on the shoulder. You have to go to the bigger sizes for a confortable hold, and they are too big for me. The Hop stays put and it is a more confortable wear without the knot getting in the way, so that’s definitely a plus for me.

I was trying both yesterday. I was surprised about how small the opening of the Hop really is. I’m trying to find out whether it would fit a standard ipad, but even if it does, it will be a bit of a hassle to put it in. I‘ve tried the Jodie before and my issue has always been that it does not stay put on the shoulder. You have to go to the bigger sizes for a confortable hold, and they are too big for me. The Hop stays put and it is a more confortable wear without the knot getting in the way, so that’s definitely a plus for me.
This is really helpful! I need to try them both on again but the issue with trying on in store is that the bag isn’t weighed down by anything so the drop isn’t stretched at all which I understand may help with the teen Jodie. But then again I don’t like to carry much and I’m also not convinced by how much it would stretch. If it becomes annoying to me I’m likely to then just not use it. I think for shoulder wear it’s really the Hop. I wasn’t aware of the small opening issue which I need to check out, but for me I don’t carry a lot, although equally will be annoying if it’s awkward to get in and out of! Going to try both again and post further observations! If anyone has had the Hop or teen Jodie for a while your input would be welcomed!

Reactions: jbags07 and doni