Do you prefer the Hop or Jodie?

Do you prefer the small Hop or teen Jodie?

• Hop

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • Jodie

Votes: 61 61.0%

• Total voters
I've had the small Hop for 2 months now and think it is a wonderful bag. The thick strap is very comfortable and stays on the shoulder well, both with and without a coat. It also feel very nice in the hand if you decide to hand carry. I did hang it off a hanger with some books in it for a few days and that really softened and stretched it out. The opening IS small, to put in a book or mini ipad or kindle you have to put it in vertically and then lay it down horizontally. BUT after a few days I got used to it and it doesn't bother me. The corners look sharp, but they are soft enough that I am not worried about corner wear. Highly recommend this bag - it gets lots of compliments, it's under the radar, and it's so easy to carry. Hope this helps!

I've had the small Hop for 2 months now and think it is a wonderful bag. The thick strap is very comfortable and stays on the shoulder well, both with and without a coat. It also feel very nice in the hand if you decide to hand carry. I did hang it off a hanger with some books in it for a few days and that really softened and stretched it out. The opening IS small, to put in a book or mini ipad or kindle you have to put it in vertically and then lay it down horizontally. BUT after a few days I got used to it and it doesn't bother me. The corners look sharp, but they are soft enough that I am not worried about corner wear. Highly recommend this bag - it gets lots of compliments, it's under the radar, and it's so easy to carry. Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing this! Do you mind sharing some photos of your bag now?

This is so helpful thank you. I’m more inclined to get the hop now given the relative ease of wearing it on the shoulder.

Reactions: meowdog and jbags07
I’m late to the party but i voted for the Jodie. I personally prefer the older TM style Veneta over the 2 newer versions, but the round shape of the Jodie appeals more then the sharp corners of the Hop.

Reactions: Mirisaa
I got to try on the small hop in person finally and I love it! Fits so well over the shoulder and the magnetic closure is easy to get in and out of. Now I need to choose a color. I’m deciding between the Oyster (pale lilac) and Deep Pacific (mid tone bright-ish blue?). Oyster is available at the boutique. The SA said Deep Pacific is an “old” color and only available for retailers like Neiman/Saks/Nordstrom to buy. Has anyone seen Deep Pacific in person or have some color input?

I prefer the Hop overall, especially for its wearability on my shoulder, but the Jodie comes in more colors. I particularly like the Dark Mystic color for the Teen Jodie. I wish the small Hop was also available in colors like Raintree, Space, Dark Mystic, etc. Not just Fondant, Black and a few pale-ish colors that I find uninspiring.

Reactions: papertiger
I prefer the Hop overall, especially for its wearability on my shoulder, but the Jodie comes in more colors. I particularly like the Dark Mystic color for the Teen Jodie. I wish the small Hop was also available in colors like Raintree, Space, Dark Mystic, etc. Not just Fondant, Black and a few pale-ish colors that I find uninspiring.
I’m sure they will keep releasing the hop in more colors like they have done with the Andiamo! I feel like they always only release a new bag in a limited number of colors at first. I’m waiting on something similar to agate for the hop!

I was in the Bottega store yesterday & debated between the Lotus Jodie or the Oyster Hop. I bought the Hop. I liked that I could put it over my shoulder & the color Oyster is soft & lovely. The opening does seem small but the SA said it would stretch some with use. I can’t speak from experience yet since I just purchased it but I hope it works for me. I still love the Jodie & plan to buy the teen in the future. These pics were taken in the store. I also liked the mini Hop in white.

Attachments

• IMG_6987.jpeg
    IMG_6987.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6986.jpeg
    IMG_6986.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6990.jpeg
    IMG_6990.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 66
I was in the Bottega store yesterday & debated between the Lotus Jodie or the Oyster Hop. I bought the Hop. I liked that I could put it over my shoulder & the color Oyster is soft & lovely. The opening does seem small but the SA said it would stretch some with use. I can’t speak from experience yet since I just purchased it but I hope it works for me. I still love the Jodie & plan to buy the teen in the future. These pics were taken in the store. I also liked the mini Hop in white.
Thanks for sharing this side by side! Definitely confirms for me that I like the hop bag much more! The Jodie just seems outdated compared to the hop

Hi! I'm looking to purchase the hop in the small in dark brown (fondant) but can't find it anywhere! My second choice was the oyster which I thought was white but is it truly a pale lilac?