Do you prefer the Hop or Jodie?

Do you prefer the small Hop or teen Jodie?

• Hop

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • Jodie

Votes: 61 61.0%

• Total voters
Hi there! Yes, the oyster is truly a pale lavender/lilac color. It's really beautiful. If I didn't already have two other lilac bags I would have purchased the oyster, but I decided to go with the blue one that can be found at Saks/Neimans/Nordstrom/Bergdorf etc. Good luck in your search, Fondant is an exceptional color as well!

Hi! I'm looking to purchase the hop in the small in dark brown (fondant) but can't find it anywhere! My second choice was the oyster which I thought was white but is it truly a pale lilac?
Oyster is lilac (it shows that way on the BV website too). For fondant, maybe try calling some stores around you to see if they have it in stock?

I love this color. I didn't know it was available.
Thank you so much! The SA in Bottega said it was only available for their retailers so you can find it at Nordstrom/Bergdorf/Saks/Neiman etc, but Bottega boutiques will not carry it. I didn't know they had separate buys for retailers vs boutiques. I thought it was odd they'd release a color that they wouldn't sell in their own stores. You'd think it would be the other way around.

Reactions: Bijouxlady
Thank you so much! The SA in Bottega said it was only available for their retailers so you can find it at Nordstrom/Bergdorf/Saks/Neiman etc, but Bottega boutiques will not carry it. I didn't know they had separate buys for retailers vs boutiques. I thought it was odd they'd release a color that they wouldn't sell in their own stores. You'd think it would be the other way around.
That’s been the case for a long time.

That is odd. I was just about text my SA @ Bottega and ask her why she didn't tell me about that color. I'll text my guy @ NM. Enjoy your new bag!

• Love
Reactions: topochico
I understand your dilemma bc I also really like both bags. I've been wanting a teen Jodie for awhile but can never decide on a color that makes sense for me. I saw the large Hop recently at heathrow Airport- only had a second to try on as I was running for my plane. I really like the shape of this bag and think I almost prefer it to the jodie now. I just ordered a small in Oyster and have heard mixed things about the opening size/practicality so curious to see in person.

A hop for sure! I just got a large hop and it's very functional. Just that I wish the opening is wider. And the shape of hop depends on how much you're putting inside the bag. I bought it thinking that I can bring a laptop with me. But the opening is not that wide that I can easily stuff a laptop in that. Maybe I should have gotten an Andiamo.

A teen jodie is so chic too. Perfect for weekend trip out.

Reactions: earthygirl
I am a real BV fan and I saw both of them in person. I prefer the Jodie but the knot makes the bag sooo uncomfortable. On the other hand the hop is nice but too small for me (and the bigger one is really enormous).