Do you match your jewelry to your bag's hardware?

TPFers do you match the tone of your jewellery to your bag hardware?

I'm pretty strictly a yellow gold girl, and majority of my bags have gold hardware. However I have been lusting after a Birkin in Blue Jean since forever and I'm hoping to make this purchase in the next year or so. I'm now in a pickle as I've noticed majority that come up for sale have the silver tone/palladium hardware as opposed to gold, and.... confusingly I think I almost prefer the colour against palladium rather than the gold tone. Problem here is that I'm very OCD and don't want to risk not reaching for a bag of that price point because of the hardware colour.

Anyone else here like this?
Most older Bleu Jean is PHW but the New Bleu Jean I have definitely seen with GHW. However to my eyes the color is slightly different (which makes sense as the color code has changed).

To answer the question, I used to be exclusively PHW for bag hardware and white metals for jewelry, and I let a few GHW bags go because of this. Then I mixed in rose gold to my jewelry (yellow gold looks terrible on my skin) and now I feel bag hardware can be anything (still prefer PHW).

It also varies bag by bag - some bags, especially small ones, just don't have much hardware. So, I don't think matching to a Kelly 25 or a Bolide is as big a deal as a Roulis or a Constance.

The exception I think is very heavy bling, like Jacob the Jeweler level chains - which is usually all YG or all WG. If you have that much gold on in big chunky pieces, stick with that color all over.

Reactions: miss mitzi