Do you match the hardware on your bags and accessories?

I used to be very matchy-matchy with my sterling silver jewelry, but I have forced myself to get over it, and I'm glad I did, because I was missing out on a lot of great bags with gold-colored hardware.

p.s.--What really helped me was acquiring some two-tone 18k/sterling silver David Yurman jewelry. That matches my bags no matter what color the hardware.

Cosmo so you think it doesn't matter much? I am not keen on silver jewelry at all...though I used to wear it all the time. Everything I have is gold now, but this bag I have is black/silver. I feel like I clash like mad and shouldn't wear any of my jewelry w/it :s though one of the pieces, an angel wings necklace in gold, is what I wear mainly every day...hmmm.

I used to be very matchy-matchy with my sterling silver jewelry, but I have forced myself to get over it, and I'm glad I did, because I was missing out on a lot of great bags with gold-colored hardware.

p.s.--What really helped me was acquiring some two-tone 18k/sterling silver David Yurman jewelry. That matches my bags no matter what color the hardware.

I used to try and match the hardware on my purses with my jewelry but when I got engaged and my now-husband planted a nice rock in a platinum setting - everything changed....It doesn't matter to me anymore.

Cosmo so you think it doesn't matter much?

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm trying to get over the matchy-matchy thing, because I know its really not "in style" anymore, but personally, it does still bug me a little. (Unfortunately, I really don't have that cool, sort of Carrie Bradshaw vibe that I can pull off wearing totally mismatched colors and styles in my outfits!) :shrugs: So, like I said, I wear two-tone 18k/sterling silver David Yurman jewelry from time to time so I can feel "pulled together" no matter what the hardware color on my bags.

I was just gonna say watch an old episode of "Sex and the City" they never were matchy-matchy. And most of their outfits were sharp. Even Miss Charlotte didn't match shoes to the bags. Just a thought...

Hee hee, love this thread! It's a really interesting question, but I've never given it a second thought. I'm not a fan of the matchy matchy look, though I don't think matching your jewelry to your bag's hardware is THAT anal. It definitely wouldn't bother me if it was a different color, most of my bags have brass colored hardware and I wear mostly silver jewelry!

I ALWAYS match my bag's hardware to my jewellery. So much so that I went out and bought a gold watch, bracelet and earrings when I bought a D&G bag with gold hardware. It just feels wrong to wear it with silver, and makes it look like I haven't thought about the outfit at all.

No. I have never even thought to do that. I pick a bag color that goes with my outfit, but its close to impossible to have matching hardware....for me at least...b/c I like to change up my jewelry so much. I'm just not that organized- and dont care to be=P