Do you match the hardware on your bags and accessories?

I do this too. It drives me nuts when my jewelry and shoes and purse doesn't go with my outfit. I'm constantly told by people at school that I always match everything.

The upside to this is that you can use your need to have everything matching as an excuse for buying more things. ;)

The only thing that bothers me is when my sunglasses (which have a bit of gold in the frame) don't work with my earrings - in other words, silver earrings don't look right with my glasses (which are never off my face). I think it is about proximity. I'm not affected by my bag's hardware. You could go nuts trying to get everything to match and it isn't a good look anyway. It looks contrived, like a painting over your couch that matches your room colors.

I'm the same way too. I am usually in silver or platinum jewelry so ideally my bag hardware should be silver too which is true MOST of the time. If it's not, I try not to stress...

Actually, I never thought of it! :lol: (Now I'll probably start doing that or at least be conscious that I may or may not match.)

I wear almost all gold all of the time. Some outfits I'll wear my silver stuff with but my hubby has bought me all gold jewelry and that's what I stick with.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who did this. I'd add too, that hardware on my shoes and belt buckles have to match too. Right now, for example, I'm wearing heels with a silver buckle. That means silver earrings and, if I were wearing a belt, silver hardware there too. My husband thinks I'm insane. He's probably right, but at least I match!

I do this A LOT! I only own silver jewelry and the closest thing I have to anything gold-like are the accents on my David Yurman jewelry. I used to go out of my way to buy bags that have silver-toned hardware. However, after buying a LV Speedy, Coach bag, and MJ Stam all with gold hardware, I'm trying to get over it. I don't match my shoes with my bags as much though.