Workplace Do You Love Your Job *&* Hate Your Co Workers ?

I know this thread is old, but I feel like it applies to me, right now.

I like my job, but the people in my office are the worst people to work with. I work for the government and these people are all about rank. I'm an admin/student so they treat me like I don't deserve to be treated any better. Yes, I'm just an admin/student, but that doesn't mean that I deserve any less value than anyone else. They are the most selfish human beings I know, and if they see me carrying something heavy, they don't even offer to help, and it's like pulling teeth to get anyone to contribute to others' birthdays. One person had the balls to tell me that it was my job to go out of my way bake/purchase cakes for people. BS! :censor:

Honestly, there is only one direct coworker who seems to care about me. What's funny, is she gets treated just as badly as I do! =/

Going back to this, hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don't like some of them... lol

Love my job. Love what I do. Love the field I'm working in. Love 90% of our customers. Love doing my job well. Love seeing the end result of my hard work.

Do not like office drama. Do not like co-workers who take my efficiencies for granted. Do not like working for family. Do not like working for a boss who doesn't have my back. Unfortunately, I think this list could go on & on....:hrmm:

Love my job. Love what I do. Love the field I'm working in. Love 90% of our customers. Love doing my job well. Love seeing the end result of my hard work.

Do not like office drama. Do not like co-workers who take my efficiencies for granted. Do not like working for family. Do not like working for a boss who doesn't have my back. Unfortunately, I think this list could go on & on....:hrmm:

^^I totally agree with all of this.

Agree 100% with everything...I've just recently come to realize how unappreciated I actually am with the company I work for. I started out loving the job...but there is a ton of gossip and I work in very close quarters with my coworkers, so if I'm angry with one of them, I can't go very far to get away from them for awhile.

But I like what I do, and love the customers...so I don't know what to do.

The job I have now is tolerable and is actually enjoyable sometimes. I love my coworkers but intensely dislike my tactless, demanding boss who needs to retire. If you ask anyone there, they all swear that she's going senile.

I enjoy my job, but absolutely cannot stand my coworkers! I hate some of their attitudes. Makes me so angry! They're 10x worse than the customers and that's saying a lot. #%$&%^$ I enjoy helping the customers and have had some nice chats with them. I love my managers though.

Last edited:
Old thread, but I need to vent. lol.

My co-workers are eh. Too much chatter -- seriously, there's someone I absolutely avoid because she takes a 'yes/no' question and turns it into a one-woman 20 minute spiel. The other person I work consistently with keeps coming in late and leaving early and taking days off. It leaves a lot of work on me alone to complete. She's just a temp who has been here a few months, so I think she's just being really unprofessional. I've been at my job for over a year, and I've taken two days off (saving my vacation days for a trip next summer). It seems she has no respect for me as her co-worker, and I've already spoken to her about how unfair her behavior is. I like her outside of work, but inside, I really think she sucks. As I type, she's packing up to leave early so she can go hang out with her bf. Sigh.

Also, I feel consistently undervalued and overworked. IDK. I am hoping to go elsewhere by next Fall.

My last TWO jobs I loved and hated my co-workers. Well, my last one, I hated 1 co-worker. My other one and I grew so close I will be in her wedding soon. Unfortunately, the 2 bad experiences completely turned me off to my industry and I'm thinking about going back to get a masters in something FAR from my bachelors degrees.

I've been in that exact situation, LOVED the job hated every single one of the people i worked with. They was all women except for one male and the male was actually pretty nice, real likeable person but the women...good god...mean, gossipy, horrible people. When a customer would come in the door they would be nice to them, than when they would walk out the door and leave all the women would start making fun of whoever had just left...start gossiping about them and laughing, they would in some cases even make fun of whatever the people bought, or wanted. I have even seen a case where they put something someone wanted them to make on facebook and let everyone make fun of it, and talk about how horrible and tacky it was. I've watched them make comments about how slutty someone was, how fat someone was, how skanky someone was and so on. Most of them never did any REAL work, unless you count eating 5 times in 8 hours, gossiping about everyone and everything, and playing with the kid as work. The job itself i loved and would have loved to have done possibly the rest of my life but dealing with childish, highly unprofessional coworkers was not something i could see myself putting up with. Plus they had a child in the work place (i guess free babysitting) and when you have a child screaming and throwing things and really just being annoying when you are trying to do your job it just makes things worse. The job itself i found fun, creative, and something that interested me and would have loved to learn more about...maybe one day i can find another job in that field but next time with better co workers.

Last edited:
In my last job I'd say I like my coworkers, but totally dislike the customers... I worked as a sales and some customers are just so cheap & ridiculous!
In my current job, I like my job and love my part timer coworkers =)

I like my job and my coworkers....except for my boss. He makes being a graphic designer painful----"Why can't we just put the logos on the wall and we'll throw a dart at it pick which one to use that way?"

oh the horror.

I've been in that exact situation, LOVED the job hated every single one of the people i worked with. They was all women except for one male and the male was actually pretty nice, real likeable person but the women...good god...mean, gossipy, horrible people. When a customer would come in the door they would be nice to them, than when they would walk out the door and leave all the women would start making fun of whoever had just left...start gossiping about them and laughing, they would in some cases even make fun of whatever the people bought, or wanted. I have even seen a case where they put something someone wanted them to make on facebook and let everyone make fun of it, and talk about how horrible and tacky it was. I've watched them make comments about how slutty someone was, how fat someone was, how skanky someone was and so on. Most of them never did any REAL work, unless you count eating 5 times in 8 hours, gossiping about everyone and everything, and playing with the kid as work. The job itself i loved and would have loved to have done possibly the rest of my life but dealing with childish, highly unprofessional coworkers was not something i could see myself putting up with. Plus they had a child in the work place (i guess free babysitting) and when you have a child screaming and throwing things and really just being annoying when you are trying to do your job it just makes things worse. The job itself i found fun, creative, and something that interested me and would have loved to learn more about...maybe one day i can find another job in that field but next time with better co workers.

Wow, I'm sorry. Your coworkers sound horrible! Have you told management about this? This is absolutely unacceptable.

Some of the coworkers I work with are annoying to work with. The people that work in the other departments which aren't necessarily my coworkers are way nicer and more pleasant to be around with.

Some of the people I work with are incompetent and lazy. I am a food and beverage supervisor (along with 5 others) and my responsibility is to manage to department. Every other night it seems there is issues with the tills balancing, the credit card statements dont match, can never figure out why. I dont see how hard it is to take a payment on the card machine for x card of 10.00 and then close it off as x card for 10.00 instead of y card for some other random total. Plus the cash is either up or down and its a massive headache trying to sort it all out.

The other supervisors dont always do what they should, a lot are just plain lazy and wont actually help, instead they just stand around doing nothing...hmm yeh cos thats gonna get you home quicker...

I had an issue tonight with one of my staff, I asked them to do me a job, gave them the details written down and let him get on with it. Hes done this job thousands of times and knows exactly what needs to be done. I ask him maybe half an hour or so later if hes done the job I asked. He says yes he has so I set him a new task. I send my staff home for the night and finish up what I am doing and go to double check everything is as it should be. Walk into the room and the job hasnt been done...needless to say I wasnt happy finishing an hour later than I could have just because he didnt do the job he was asked to do, even when it was there in black and white!!!!!

Sorry, little rant!