do you like CHARMS on your bags??

neverending

Mar 3, 2016
Hi ladies and gentlemen of purse forum!

This morning I've discovered, hidden on the back of a drawer, tons of extra charms I used to decor my bags. I have a dozen of them, hearth shaped, animal shaped, whatever shape they have... and used to love them... but now I've changed my preference... And I enjoy my bags out of the box. Maybe I'm getting too lazy or too old?!?! :sad:

Anyway, how about you? Am I the only one who changed mind? How do you like your bags?
- With no charms at all
- With default charms with, usually, initial letters of their brand like the MK of Michael Kors or F for Furla
- With your own charms?

I'm curious now!!

I changed my mind too but the other way, I wasn't keen on charms but now occasionally I'll use one (as in 1). Never more than one, never lots of little ones and not the giants. Although my Flots de Cheval is quite big, it goes on big bags.

Time:
- 90% no charms at all
_ 10% with either the 'charms' they came with (Gucci and YSL) or my own H charms.

I love my charms, i have an extremely small collection of bags and due to nerve issues literately own 3 i can carry now... so i change the bags up by adding charms.. most of mine are Coach... i think they add fun and whimsy.

Currently i have Shearling pink/purple poms on my bag. Had a Shearling Penguin before that...

Have TRIED to like them.
Really like on others' bags.
And find whole idea nice, personalizing, funsie, yum.

Simply lack long-term funsie & yum tolerance.
After about 10 minutes of initial thrill.
Especially if things whack into my arm repeatedly.

Maybe will change over time.
As now can pass by Thomas Kinkade prints without screaming.
But, not betting whole wad on that racehorse promise.

Tragically, still WANT to like using bag charms. :sad:
So cute. And some make interesting clattery-clicketty noises.
But, my brain seems broken.

I like chains so much but except a fluffy pompom I switch it between my bags, literally I don't have a second one.(one more purpose of the pompom is I will take it off and give it to my daughters to play when they are bored)IMHO, I think most of the personalized chains are actually ruining the bags their own aesthetics, but every time I saw the chains on people's bag I couldn't help to say "how cute is that".

i use tiny, cheap rhinestone charms on almost every (colored) bag, zipper pulls i think they are called. i also like matching scarves tied around the handles; since i wear oils and lotions a scarf protects the leather. i think charms and scarves and bag decor in general show an extra bit of your personality and i often get comments on the scarves more than the bags.

I collect the Balenciaga Planets (if I could find them) and always have one attached to my bag. They're very useful for small items.

I also have one Balenciaga mini town bag charm in the same color as my Bal Weekender. It looks adorable on.

But other than those, nope.

Depends on the bag -- usually not, but I have a Bal City that has had a Juicy Couture dragonfly charm on it for so long it now feels like part of the bag. The furry pom-pons look cute on others' bags but I'd feel ridiculous carrying one. Other charms I'm afraid of losing. I do occasionally do twillies, and I always have a Longchamp luggage tag on whatever bag I'm using because it carries my Charlie Card (for Boston's public transit system).