Do you guys fully enjoy all your bags???

Messenger, this is a great thread! I decided to downscale because I was getting too sick of all the variety. With only an arm for a bag each day, I wanted something that I absolutely love and coordinates well with anything in my wardrobe so that I really work my bag. I just love the feeling that I am using my "investments" wisely. I use me RV every day even though I had a black and griege. I have given the griege work to my sister and it gives me pleasure to see that she's using it daily... This whole process of purging started with my wardrobe. I was shopping at least 3 times a week and into every variety and colour. This phase took me many took many painful and wasteful years to overcome and I am happy to say that I am now a wiser shopper.

Its really never too late to change destructive habits (like spending beyond yr means) and start saving.

sadly, no, i don't get to enjoy them all... i've downsized A LOT lately and it does feel better. i have also made the decision to keep my bal collection to 4-5 bags, but that's so hard to do with all the pretty colors! i want at least 3 fall colors, but i can't imagine parting with any of my existing bals to make room for the new colors...
i've always wanted to be that cool girl with one favorite bag that she wears all the time, that's broken in and sort of beat up... but i think i have balenciaga ADD, and i distracted too easily by new colors/styles, to keep and use only one bag. :P

No, it seems that I don't get to use them all....as much as I try. I switch bags about 3 times a week (I get bored easily) It seems the excitement is all in the chase and I hardly have time to enjoy the new one before I'm off on another quest.

Adding onto that spiel...Is there any Bbag lover out there who can be totally satisfied with 1 Bbag. Just buy 1 Bbag and be done with it! Is that possible? Could I ever be satisfied with 1 Bbag? Nah...3 soulds like a more rounded number to me!

I am! I mean right now I have two bbags but I just use one all the time. I mean when I got the second one I was seriously thinking "why did I buy this, i don't need it ?" and to this day I've used my black city less than a handful of times...I always carry around my ink city and I know for sure I can be satisfied with just her. If you get one bag that you absolutely love hands down and feel comfortable wearing the bag out to the point where your recognized by your bag ( and yes that has happened to me..one of my friends saw me in a mall once and could tell it was me because of my bag..and I had my back turned to her so she couldn't see my face,lol.:P ) but anyways yes you can definitely be satisified with just 1 bag..you'll just have to find one that you love 100%...and I really mean 100%. I haven't even been tempted by the new spring/summer '07 colors although I love a great majority of them..i'm just concentrating on buying some of my favorite colors in coin purses so I can save money,lol. :P

It's such a relief to see that other people have the same problem... I currently have many bbags and even more other brand bags and I only use a couple. Say I can keep two more for fun, but the rest reeeeally have to go... I have to take the plunge and decide which ones have to go.

I like reading this thread.

After I recieve my Sandstone City (if I decide to keep her) then I need to leave this forum so that I am not tempted, and be happy & satisfied with two bbags!

no, i don't fully enjoy all of my bbags as most stay in the closet uncarried, mostly because in my line of work, i don't need to bring them along. i'm up to 8 bbags, which i've carefully chosen after much downsizing. currently, 1 is on this chopping block, and already i'm thinking of 2 more that must go. it's hard though...i love them all. :sad:

why can't 1 or 2 bbags be enough? :girlsigh:

I've come to the conclusion that, for me, I should only have 3 B bags- one for those rare night outs (my Black First) and 1- 2 every day bags. I am loving my Black Day. It has broken in so nicely and it's smooshy.

I am on the search for another every day bag- probably the Giant Hobo but not sure about the gold hardware.

I'm truly amazed at those who have so many B bags! I actually am feeling quite guilty with all the bags in my collection that I am not using- my new Kooba, Hayden Harnett, etc...

I only have two designer bags as you can see from my signature:P . I am in the military and wear a uniform so I can't take either bag to work. I carry my bbag so much since I got her in feb. that there is wear on the corners :wtf: . I am trying to carry my speedy more because I actually prefer the handles to be dark :shame: . I have a no name small canvas backpack That I carry when I am out with my dogs and stuff. If I do get another bbag it will be either sandstone or violet and then I am done. I don't have the money to keep buying them so that is what helps me to stop buying. Me and the hubby put alot of money into savings so it leaves little for spending.

I thoroughly enjoy three of my six B-bags. I am always using my Black City, my Teal Work, and my Pewter Makeup. For some reason, my Griege Day, my Rouille First, and my Chocolate Purse stay hibernating in their dustbags.

Wow, you guys are so responsible!

I don't wear all of my bags, but I try to alternate as much as possible so that most of my bags get to see the sun often and so that I don't trash one particular bag. I don't NEED all of them, but I just adore my bags....

I have a little over 20 Bbags(half of them are back home, I recently moved to Sydney) that I bought over the course of 5 years and I love every and each one of them:heart:
All of my Balenciagas have sentimental values for me, and I don't think I can ever bring myself to sell any of them. They're all lovingly broken-in, used, cared by me for a long time and they're my babies:love:

I don't usually go on a binge (though, I recently did....that's because the colors I was looking for became availabe in just about a month from each other!), in fact, I sometimes don't buy bags at all for a while if I don't see anything that I love that I know I'll use a lot.

I took nearly 2 years "break" from buying bags and accessories because I had way too many and I just couldn't justify buying.

For this FW07, I won't be buying any bags at all, just some accessories.