Do you feel intimidated going inside any store?

I used to be a SA years ago, and I realized then that often the most casually dressed people were the biggest buyers. One should never judge a wallet by its carrier! And most salespeople who do not work on commission still have sales goals to meet, so they would be wise to tend to everyone.

There are places where I don't like the attitude of the SA's, so I choose to go elsewhere. Their loss, really. I know that I rarely enter a store without the intent to buy, so they are fools to judge people by how they look.

No. However, when I was in leesburg Burberry store not too long ago, this one SA kept giving me dirty looks so I gave her back the same dirty looks.

LOL, I think I know that particular SA. She stands at the front door and gives everyone terrible looks. She was super sweet to me and my boyfriend after he decided to buy a suit and tie though.

I generally feel well-treated when I go into stores, but this weekend I was APPALLED by how I was treated at the Chanel boutique inside Neiman Marcus... there was a middle-aged man working and no one else inside except my SO and I. He literally would look straight through me as if I weren't there! My SO was extremely annoyed and wanted to write a letter but I said it was no big deal... however, I will never give that man my money!

I always notice how the attitude of the sales people change depending whether you're deressed up or dressed down. It happened to me many times- one day you are in a tee and they look like they'll ask security to throw you away, another day you go in an expensive outfit and they run around smiling. In my opinion it's disgusting. I mean I have money, but I'm not going to give a penny if they look through me or with this attitude "what you poor thing do here?!". The other thing which drives me mad is our treatment of foreigners in here, in Ukraine. I mean my BF is Israeli, but he looks like a German(or some western european) and we speak English with him. So when he goes to a shop with me or himself, even if he wears some garbage, they'll be all over him. That's just so embarassing in my opinion!

Now granted, I don't go to too many upscale stores in my daily life, but I rarely receive bad treatment or am intimidated when I do. Especially at LV, maybe it's the boutiques I generally go to (in StL or Indy), but I'm always treated so nicely. Even when I'm just browsing the SAs are incredibly sweet. Last time I went to the Indy boutique I brought my Damier Ribera MM and the salesperson looked and me and said: "I just love your Duomo!" He was so embarrassed when I corrected him, but we both had a good laugh! Very friendly people. I don't know if I'd receive such kind treatment in NY or Chicago though where there's a larger population interested in luxury goods.

I am always well dressed, clean and hair behaving as well is it's going to when I decide I'm going to spend the day shopping. What I actually do is look at what's in the stores and what's "hot". Very rarely do I buy anything. For some reason, no one comes up to me. Only in stores like Macy's, Dilliards and JC Penney do they actually give me a bother. In Nordstrom's and Sak's (yes, we have one in Phoenix) I get watched. I've never stolen anything since I was 6 (Mum let me know right away that was wrong) and I wouldn't have their stuff if they paid me! I think it's because when I look at the stuff I'm also looking at the quality and I'll tell you right now, the stuff in Nordstrom's is of no better quality than that of JC Penney. I act like I'm not intimidated and belong in such a store, sometimes a sales associate will come up to me. One would think an SA who makes $7 an hour plus commission would be interested in getting any sale he or she possibly could.
Kate

Well, I live in Sydney and absolutely loooove Chanel! But each time I go in there, Ms "Don't make me smile or say more than 1 word" would be working. Not to mention anyone on average have to wait for at least 15 minutes to be served, then comes this SA! Gosh,I just want to TEAR MY HAIR!!! I can be in the best of mood and getting out all stormy...ironically, Chanel Sydney won some "Best customer service award" thingy..unbelieveable! Do they vote themselves in or what..?? :confused1: :confused1:

LV is usually of high standard here, and is winning me over BIG TIME!I've spent AUD$XX XXX in 3 months......:graucho: Still going...:wlae:

At the Gucci Castlereigh store, there's this woman in white hair who thinks she's the ONE IN CHARGE or something. One time, she was serving me, and another customer comes along behind me ( not rudely at all mind u) and asked to see a bag in the showcase, she jestured rudely to that one customer and demanded that she waits for her turn. OMG, I turned red and lost my shopping mood totally. i found out later from my fav SA that she's juuust a casual. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! :throwup:

BTW, I always dress sooo casual.

Now granted, I don't go to too many upscale stores in my daily life, but I rarely receive bad treatment or am intimidated when I do. Especially at LV, maybe it's the boutiques I generally go to (in StL or Indy), but I'm always treated so nicely. Even when I'm just browsing the SAs are incredibly sweet. Last time I went to the Indy boutique I brought my Damier Ribera MM and the salesperson looked and me and said: "I just love your Duomo!" He was so embarrassed when I corrected him, but we both had a good laugh! Very friendly people. I don't know if I'd receive such kind treatment in NY or Chicago though where there's a larger population interested in luxury goods.

I agree with vanorjr9 that LV SAs in at Saks in Indy are really nice. They showed me bags as requested with smile and happy face, even though I was just browsing that day.

For me it's also been pretty much how I dress... when I was younger I used to wear my school uniform to check out items and the SA's gave me dirty looks. The only boutique that didn't give me dirty looks was Cartier, and good for them because I "scouting" for something for my dad and eventually my mom and I went back to get it.

The LV boutique in Singapore also used to have pretty snotty service, but they've since improved after numerous public complaints (think newspaper forum letters, LOL) so now when I'm there the doorman always greets with a smile and an SA is always willing to ask if they can assist.

Oddly enough I used to be intimidated by SAs especially at this one mall that has the Gucci, Neimans, LV, Cole Haan, Nordstrom, even MAC... but once I got over the fear of going into those stores, most people have been helpful. I guess its only because I am always wearing True Religion jeans so they must figure I enjoy the luxury things.

so far, I haven't been intimidated yet.. but then again, when i did go to the nicer stores, I tried to make sure I was dressed up for it, including my nicer bags.. now, I haven't set foot on an Hermes store, so we will see how that will work when I go there hopefully, this december.... I am thinking I should bring my kelly so I do not get any stares when I ask for a birkin.. hehe

dior at the Americana Mall in Manhasset is the WORST. Attitude and unprofessional. I bought a very expensive Dior gown for prom at Woodbury Commons and it was limited edition and very hard to find but a tad too long. I was told to go to my nearest Dior boutique to get it fitted. When I walked into the boutique some *****y sales person ignored me until I walked straight up to her and when she asked me where I bought the dress she wrinkled her nose when I said Woodbury. When I got it fitted I was told that the price was 50 dollars and that I would have it back in a few days. The day I was supposed to pick up the dress the salesperson calls me and tells me the price is upped to 100. I was so angry that they did this last minute and when I said it was unfair and unprofessional, they said they could not give me the dress otherwise. At this point, they had contacted me so late they were basically trapping me. So i had no choice and told her fine. When I got to the boutique I expressed my feelings about how they should have told me when I had first come. I have no problem with paying 50 dollars, 100 dollars whatever, but it is unprofessional to call someone at the last minute and refuse to make alterations without increasing the original amount. If i had known, I would have looked ELSEWHERE. The worst part of it was they acted like I was upset because I couldnt afford the extra 50. THEY COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT. ugh. I'm NEVER going back there. Seriously ignorant people.