Do you ever wish for a particular bag because a celebrity has it? Be honest now!

pigleto972001

Guh.
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
i've fallen in love with bags that i've seen "regular" people carrying...but i love seeing pics of celebrities with their birkins. they're regular people too...i guess famous or not, i just love seeing the bags being used by anyone, really! :biggrin:

MillStream

O.G.
May 15, 2006
New England
Well, this one . . .

but not because Sharon Stone is carrying it. Just because it's such a fabulous bag. If I had it, though, I probably wouldn't wear it because's it's a bit over the top to wear on the east coast (U.S.).

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Ladies and Gentlemen....

I have had a complaint about this thread. It appears that some do not like the bad/nasty talk back and forth between members.

I am not closing the thread as of yet, BUT we need to respect one another and think before we post.

I would appreciate it!
I am sorry that I accidentally opened up a can of worms. I didnt realize this topic was going to evoke such strong emotions. Kellybag, if you delete the thread I will totally understand. Again, my apologies for having unwittingly precipitated an acrimonious hread.

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
i like what i like. and personally don't care who else carries it.

but, as someone else has mentioned, sometimes seeing a celeb w/ the same bag that i've been eyeing has had an adverse effect on me. go figure.

however lately, i've been falling in love w/ bags that i've been lucky enough to view IRL. and swatches at the store, of course...

May 6, 2007
I am sorry that I accidentally opened up a can of worms. I didnt realize this topic was going to evoke such strong emotions. Kellybag, if you delete the thread I will totally understand. Again, my apologies for having unwittingly precipitated an acrimonious hread.

You didnt do anything! But I am so confused: how was me commenting on some celebs I dont care for so bad? I mean they are in the public eye after all.........

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
You didnt do anything! But I am so confused: how was me commenting on some celebs I dont care for so bad? I mean they are in the public eye after all.........
Thank you for you kind words. I have no information as to the complaint the mods recieved, but out of an abundance of caution, I wanted to apologize, just in case it was something I said, and since I did, after all, start the thread.

May 6, 2007
i guess when push comes to shove we all LOVE Hermes--thats why we are here! I know I for one would give my right arm for a blue jean birkin.

I echo hermesoholic

Some designers now ( Marc anthony) dread some of the celebraties getting there hands on things
It can be the kiss of death for the item

To be honest I think style does not have to be expensive , its individual magical and some people have it effort lessly and dont even know it!

Posh Spic is obnoxious and a bad role model , whatever she wears she still looks like an essex girl
which is cool , she should celebrate that and stop trying SO HARD! to look like something else, she just craves acceptance by the bourgois

I echo hermesoholic

Some designers now ( Marc anthony) dread some of the celebraties getting there hands on things
It can be the kiss of death for the item

To be honest I think style does not have to be expensive , its individual magical and some people have it effort lessly and dont even know it!

Posh Spic is obnoxious and a bad role model , whatever she wears she still looks like an essex girl
which is cool , she should celebrate that and stop trying SO HARD! to look like something else, she just craves acceptance by the bourgois

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
Posh Spic is obnoxious and a bad role model , whatever she wears she still looks like an essex girl which is cool , she should celebrate that and stop trying SO HARD! to look like something else, she just craves acceptance by the bourgois
hmmmmm :sad: