Do you ever wear a HS as a headwrap as in H.com?

Not for me, I don't wear head-gears in general so I haven't attempt on that.

I also saw a lot of scarf tutorials to use scarf into halter neck top & summer dresses. I personally wont attempt that as well.

I'm starting this thread to further the discussion we had from the 2016 fall scarf thread so the thread remains on topic.

The fall 2016 scarf thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-fall-2016-scarves.939230/

So, for those who wear scarves on their heads, please let us see your beautiful style and inspire each other! And let's share our tips with each other.

I'm going to copy and paste the question I brought up in the fall 2016 thread and see if I can get some good tips here.

For ladies who wear the carré on the head, I have a little question for you. How do you avoid the makeup stain? It's only happened to me once and I was able to get it off, but it made me quite nervous when that happened. I would really like to know if someone has some secret tip to prevent it from even happening? I've thought about wearing a real hair band underneath but then I think it kind of lose that "I don't care" attitude for wearing scarf on the head. Now when I'm wearing silk on my head, I basically have very very little foundation on my forehead and pretty much none near my hairline. Anyone has some tips?

And to start the sharing. Sorry for the double posting, but that's the only pic I have on my cell phone now. Let's see more from you!

IMG_1470235433.935655.jpg

Not strictly as the head-wrap as seen on h.com but other ways more generally

Twist front, final knot behind

MT_zps882s4rwg.jpg

Hairband with knot at the back (no twist to the front)

ApparatdlPscarf_zpsbb70nwyx.jpg

Headwrap (with hair-comb - optional). Bias but only folded in once, knot to the front

user222564_pic67290_1288610707_zps9fmgkbgh.jpg

Knot at the back through scarf ring

user222564_pic110240_1402776381_zpsxa21pycx.jpg

Hat bad with Romance (can be around the head too)

user222564_pic104050_1371047908_zpsrnc20bvs.jpg

70 worn 'Spanish style' then bring the tails round and secure with Mors

user222564_pic110245_1402777519_zpsuerlsne1.jpg

Last edited:
Love this thread revival! I would love to wear scarves on my head more often....anybody have the guts to wear turbans? It's over 100F where I live right now so the more my hair is off my face the better!

I wear H 70cm silk or cotton as hairbands, and an ancient 90cm silk as a head wrap on the beach .
I do find thinner nonH silks work better because there's less bulk .
Best to leave face makeup off I think!
The turban look is sensational on a younger person, I saw a couple of girls in H trying a lovely bright carré this way .It was tied very tightly and I was horrified that they were allowed to try a scarf this way , yuk for the eventual buyer .
A lot of girls in my edgy area wear non H silks this way , but go for the whole look : ankle socks , mainly black and grey minimalist clothing….fab.
Here is my head wrap look in Provence , just a bias fold covering all front hair and tied towards one side .A well worn scarf ideally . softer anymore drapey.View attachment 3429962h scarf head.jpg

Last edited:
Not strictly as the head-wrap as seen on h.com but other ways more generally

Twist front, final knot behind

MT_zps882s4rwg.jpg

Hairband with knot at the back (no twist to the front)

ApparatdlPscarf_zpsbb70nwyx.jpg

Headwrap (with hair-comb - optional). Bias but only folded in once, knot to the front

user222564_pic67290_1288610707_zps9fmgkbgh.jpg

Knot at the back through scarf ring

user222564_pic110240_1402776381_zpsxa21pycx.jpg

Hat bad with Romance (can be around the head too)

user222564_pic104050_1371047908_zpsrnc20bvs.jpg

70 worn 'Spanish style' then bring the tails round and secure with Mors

user222564_pic110245_1402777519_zpsuerlsne1.jpg

I can vouch that Papertiger rocks the scarf headband look like no other ! You're an inspiration!

Reactions: papertiger
Great thread!
I am so guilty of wearing my H silks on my head, only rarely as pictured at hermes.com.
My hair is my favourite part of my appearance, but I do not like it in my face, so I often wear something to keep it out. It also happens every now and then that I leave the house with a scarf around my neck, but as temperature rises during the day I slide it up on my head. I quite like that look.
70ies work very well, my Jardin sur le Nil-Twilly is extra cute, the teal silk bandana gives a completely different vibe.
The 90ies are a bit tricky, since there is so much fabric to manage. A scarf ring at the side (or a ring on both sides) works magic. Mostly I put the middle of the bias at my neck, twist the tails around each other (like what PocketbookPup called the GeorgesV-Knot, not like a turban) and knot at the neck.
I also wore a scarf turban style once or twice, but it made me feel insecure. Ring helps here as well.
Well yes, they do not stay in place as well as cotton or velvet, but readjusting every now and then does not hurt (it helps that I do not like to wear make up).

I think this is my first post since the big update, lets see if I manage attaching pictures...

H.COM TURBAN COLMAR PIXEL.jpg

Attachments

• h.com hairband side pixel.jpg
    h.com hairband side pixel.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 232
  • printemps haarband2small.jpg
    printemps haarband2small.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 227
  • foret headband bun small.jpg
    foret headband bun small.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 247
  • foret headband offen small.jpg