Do you ever feel GUILTY for spending so much on an LV piece??

I know, I feel bad too! I mean I really really really do LOVE it........you know how you just get this bad feeling in the back of your mind for spending so much, that's what I have right now. Hopefully it'll pass! :shrugs:
i hope it does pass, but it's ok if it doesn't too....
your happiness is what's important. don't spend that kind of $$$ and not enjoy it......

if a sahm got paid for the work she did taking care of the kids, household etc, she would be pulling in something like over 100k!! (according to one of the networks like NBC, CBS, CNN etc but which one I don't actually remember).

And as someone said above, as long as all the bills are taken care of then you have the money for the occasional indulgence which you shouldn't feel guilty about.

I hope you get over the guilt and enjoy your bag!

The only thing that bothers me is seeing people pay afew hundred more than I did for a bag I bought not too long ago. For example, I treated myself to the Manhattan pm last year and I paid 1275.00. Seeing such big (and often) price increases takes away some of my enthusiasm for the bags.

OP~i think you are going to have a blast w/ur Manhattan, b/c no matter what brand you are thinking of, you always compare it w/ Manhattan. I still have Coach bags, and it's a nice brand too, but i find myself replacing it often b/c the wear and tear, yet my lovely Sonatine (i got her 4 years ago in pre love condition) still hold it's shape and turned a pretty patina w/me using it at least everyweek if not everyday.

The only thing that bothers me is seeing people pay afew hundred more than I did for a bag I bought not too long ago. For example, I treated myself to the Manhattan pm last year and I paid 1275.00. Seeing such big (and often) price increases takes away some of my enthusiasm for the bags.

ACK, it was only $1275?? When did you get yours?? Damn I hate these stupid price increases! Last Feb we were in Vegas and I wanted the coussin, it was $760 and DH said no way! Then we went to Vegas again in Aug and he bought it for my bday but it was $800, now it's $830. So in a year it went up $70 and in Feb prices are supposed to go up again, so it could be more $$!! :cursing:

gosh, i can soo relate to you, mine will be the Gold Miroir Papillon, little bit above 1700 USD after tax.....at first i was torn of to keep or not to keep, but i kept it and love it ever since. I guess how i justify about it is it will remain in my collection, and won't fall apart as easily as other brands, so in the long run, it even out the cost from many years of usage, KWIM?
If you feel bad you didn't work, perhaps you can pick up some part time job, so you can help out on the payment too? But i must warn ya, after you past the guilty phase, you will get used to LV pricing, and think 1k is reasonable for a handbag....

what does KWIM mean??

i hope it does pass, but it's ok if it doesn't too....
your happiness is what's important. don't spend that kind of $$$ and not enjoy it......

Here's my two cents....I truly believe that SAHMs are so deserving; however, it is also important that you are comfortable with the choices you make... Although my first instinct is to encourage you to keep it, it is TDF, but not if you are feeling so guilty that you are refraining from using it.....You have 14 days....

I totally feel where you're coming from, but here are several things that will hopefully make you feel better and get you to use that bag:
The more you use it, the more the money you spent is worthwhile. If you buy a fab 'little black dress' on sale for say 100.00 but use it only once a year...it's not as great a deal as using that bag even for a few months! (and you'll use it for years!):yes:
I LOVE wearing jeans, a cute femine t-shirt and a fabulous handbag! It's such an easy - 'not-trying-too hard' but I've got my $hit together look. (:shame: not saying I 'rock-it' that well, but love to see it!) Wear that bag! The more you use it the more comfortable you'll feel.
And finally, the manhattan is one of my favorites. :love: It is so beautiful...everytime I see someone post it, I just can't get over what a great look it has. So, what a perfect purchase!
(And you deserve a beautiful something...you work hard all day long, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no 10 minute breaks, no lunch breaks and every day runs into the other with NO days off! :sleepy: Have I convinced you?!:heart:

Dh just called me from work and asked what I was doing. I told him I was looking at the Coach website. He said "uh I don't think so, you're not getting another purse!". I then explained to him that I was feeling guilty about buying this one beautifully handmade LV when I could prob get 3 sets (wallet & purse) of Coach stuff. Then I told him that my one purse is two overtime shifts for him. He then said "I'm working two this week, anything for you honey!". So I feel a little better...........but just a little.

I feel bad when my mom or my aunts buys a Hermes birkin.

My aunt picked up her crock birkin in Taiwan for around 35,000 $ and I was just standing there like pissing my pants.

well im just kidding, but Hermes scares me, period.

I always think this when I come home with new LV. I just think " man i could have gotten so many other things like clothes and shoes, and what not" but I just look at it like this. I wont be able to get all the clothes and shoes I want at once, just buy them in small amounts, I can't buy half an LV anything lol. Now I organize my $ differently and set aisde $ for LV, Clothes, bills, and fun