Do you ever feel GUILTY for spending so much on an LV piece??

I know exactly what you mean. I am a SAHM, too, and sometimes I feel guilty for a little bit about spending so much money on LV bags. However, as Clake76 so eloquently said above, we work and work hard for our family and we do deserve the finer things in life. Instead of buying cheap bags and replacing them every month or so, we will reap years of enjoyment from a quality-crafted LV bag. Plus carrying LV makes me feel so happy that the guilt subsides in no time.

I love Lvbabydoll's mom, too!! A nice bag really completes any outfit!! More power to you! Enjoy that nice and expensive LV!! You deserve it!!!!

well isn't this cute too?? and together it only costs $576 which is 1/3 the cost of the manhattan, what do you guys think?? And try not to be LV impartial!! :smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• coach248.jpg
    coach248.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 187
  • coach328.jpg
    coach328.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 191
^^it's lovely, but you aren't going to get that too, right? so, go out and use your manhattan and enjoy it. if this LV thing does not work for you, then next time, go with the Coach......

i think those bags are adorable but its what YOU like best and what you'll feel best about having

i think the manhattan is a very practical bag and goes with everything. it's not too dressy for a tee and jeans but again it's how you feel wearing it,

and yes. occasionally i worry about getting purse snatched but hey i live in nyc.

you will get used to LV pricing, and think 1k is reasonable for a handbag....

uuuuhhhh yeah. sometimes i have to sit down and hit myself on the head and think 'it's $1500 for a handbag...!' and then i go 'but it's louis...' and soon the $600-$700-$800 bags started to sound like, "oh, no big deal, i'll have that money in 1-2 paychecks..." of course it's easier when you're not spending your money on anything else...lol.

^^it's lovely, but you aren't going to get that too, right? so, go out and use your manhattan and enjoy it. if this LV thing does not work for you, then next time, go with the Coach......

no not that too, I was showing an example of how I could get the Coach wallet and bag if I were to take back the manhattan and I would still be able to spend $1000 more and get more Coach or say a cheaper LV and have more stuff for my money instead of just ONE PURSE.

I guess I'm just still feeling overwhelmingly guilty. But hubby was with me when I got it, he knew exactly how much it cost and if he thought it was tooo much, he would have said NO. But then again I don't think DH has ever told me no when I asked for something.........maybe that's my problem, I get whatever I want. And believe just because I am a SAHM doesn't by any way mean that we can afford to buy stuff like this. We aren't wealthy but we do okay. Hubby can make $1500 in two overtime shifts.

Oh and I do spend alot on my jeans. I buy True Religion jeans which cost anywhere from $172-$363 but I always get mine on sale for at least 30% off or more. And yes it's because they do make my butt look like an 18 year old!!

no not that too, I was showing an example of how I could get the Coach wallet and bag if I were to take back the manhattan and I would still be able to spend $1000 more and get more Coach or say a cheaper LV and have more stuff for my money instead of just ONE PURSE.

Well, yeah. But as you can only carry one bag at a time anyways, it may as well be one you really really want. If you're not groovin' on the Manhattan, get something else.

yep, i understood you. i was just trying to say that since you are obviously not getting both, it's a mute point. you have to decide if you feel comfortable with the price tag of the LV and if not, tha'ts ok and then, the coach is lovely, go for it.
i feel bad bc you were so excited yesterday with your Manhattan PM.
i hope you keep it, use it every day get tons of compliments and love it!

Ok here is my opinion on this matter - I am a stay at home mom too - so I know how you feel. I sometimes do feel guilty but then I think about it - I work very hard every single day taking care of my 3 kids. I run an entire household and do all the shopping and ...yada yada yada..... I don't buy LV's all through the year....I am hoping on 2 a year (max). Use the bag and enjoy it. You work hard and deserve it. You're not going to go out and spend that kind of money every week on a bag so don't fret about it. Enjoy it!!! Now...............where the hell can I find those jeans that make my butt look like an 18 year olds???

yep, i understood you. i was just trying to say that since you are obviously not getting both, it's a mute point. you have to decide if you feel comfortable with the price tag of the LV and if not, tha'ts ok and then, the coach is lovely, go for it.
i feel bad bc you were so excited yesterday with your Manhattan PM.
i hope you keep it, use it every day get tons of compliments and love it!

I know, I feel bad too! I mean I really really really do LOVE it........you know how you just get this bad feeling in the back of your mind for spending so much, that's what I have right now. Hopefully it'll pass! :shrugs:

Ok here is my opinion on this matter - I am a stay at home mom too - so I know how you feel. I sometimes do feel guilty but then I think about it - I work very hard every single day taking care of my 3 kids. I run an entire household and do all the shopping and ...yada yada yada..... I don't buy LV's all through the year....I am hoping on 2 a year (max). Use the bag and enjoy it. You work hard and deserve it. You're not going to go out and spend that kind of money every week on a bag so don't fret about it. Enjoy it!!! Now...............where the hell can I find those jeans that make my butt look like an 18 year olds???

you can find them here: True Religion Jeans - Resort 2007 Collection - Free Shipping!