Do u guys dress up to go into the LV store ?

MZVTEC said:
i dont like carrying my LVs in there..... i dont want them to judge me... i wish they would treat everyone the same..

today im going to test out what it is like to wear just jeans and a sweater... with a non LV bag... and see what kind of service i get (im planning on getting the wapity, book and cles)

then next time ill dress up and carry my perfo speedy, and see if i get treated differently

I noticed that I get much more attention in the LV stores when I am carrying an LV bag. My hubby and I happened to stop by the LV store on the Gold Coast and I was carrying my Manhattan bag. I had one salesman following me around the whole time and constantly asking if I wanted to see anything, etc. My hubby and I could not believe how much attention we received, just because of the bag.

hahahaha how cute !!!! yeh i work there... its fun!!! get to listen to music all day and dance around, its great... its like the movie Empire Records if anyone has seen it!

this is why i dont like carrying LVs there.... i dont want them to know how much ive spent in their store before, i want them to treat me as a person, not for the number of cc's in my wallet

MZVTEC said:
i dont like carrying my LVs in there..... i dont want them to judge me... i wish they would treat everyone the same..

today im going to test out what it is like to wear just jeans and a sweater... with a non LV bag... and see what kind of service i get (im planning on getting the wapity, book and cles)

then next time ill dress up and carry my perfo speedy, and see if i get treated differently

I love psychological experiments!! Can't wait to read your findings :lol:

I only dress up when I go out with my friends or my hubby, when I go shopping I usually don't wear any makeup, (don't want to mess up the clothes when I try them on) and I usually wear a t-shirt and jeans and sandles (easy to try shoes on) and usually the SA in LV still treat me very nice....I guess they don't care if you dress up at all...

No way! LOL! I don't wear my gym clothes, but I'm uber-casual. I go in jeans or capris and flip flops all the time! Neiman's too!
The people working at these places are human, they put one foot in their pants just like we do. . . there's no reason to give it a 2nd thought IMO.

The last time I went into the LV boutique in NYC, I had on jeans, boots and a sweater, nothing fancy. Didn't get much attention at first until my mom and I start picking ties for my dad and then when I wandered around looking at the bags and they realized we were buying 3 ties, all the sudden, shoosh, they were on us to show the bags! We bought one and a wallet to match. I don't know that our clothing mattered that one time. But I did notice the tie saleslady admiring my mom's huge diamond ring. That could have had something to do with it but I would hope not. One can hope!! :smile:

I'm usually in Juicy sweats, anytime I shop.. VERY casual..
But my "standard" jewelry (Yurman) and my handbags seems to throw off the SAs.

I usually get great service and plenty of attention, as soon as I walk into the store.

Well...

When I bought my mono speedy 30 a wk. and a half ago. I just had some jeans, t shirt, sweatjacket, and tennis shoes...with my cerise speedy. I thought..yep, I'm casual, but comfy.

Three different SA's waited on me. (Not all at once). They all commented on my bag...The first SA said: "ohhh, I see you have the cerise speedy." I just smiled and said, " yep." Heehee...It was funny!

I can't remember what the other two said exactly but was roughly the same thing...again...I just nodded...smiled.."yep." Was funny cuz they were staring at it. I don't know what they must've been thinking...looking at me in my jeans, etc. But then I thought.."who cares what they think." ...then thought.."get a good look!" HA!:P