Do I go for it?!?!

If you could afford to get a Kelly and a Birkin, then get the Black Kelly. Like the SA said, it could be a lifetime to get a Birkin :biggrin: I would love to get my hands on either one.

gigi leung said:
PGN, this SA sounds incredibly nice! Holding an Hermes bag for you for 2 weeks ? That's pretty exceptional :idea: Do you know what leather and size is the black Kelly that she's holding for you ?

I think all regular Hermes boutiques do store credit within a certain time period. No refunds. Anyone please correct me if otherwise. Thanks! :smile:

gigi- it is a 32cm and I'm not totally sure the name of the leather. While the SA was really nice she was more of a neiman's SA than Hermes. They seemed a little short handed. Now that I think about it saks was also really short handed too...huh. The leather reminded me of togo but not quite as pebbled. I can't believe she was going to hold it!

I can't believe they sell Hermes in NM??!! If you think you can do one now and a birkin later, then do that. As far as the color, do you wear a lot of black? If so, the burgundy is beautiful -- also if you already have black bags - that's another thought. And would you want a black birkin? I love the colored bags personally - tough decisions!

shoes319 said:
I can't believe they sell Hermes in NM??!! If you think you can do one now and a birkin later, then do that. As far as the color, do you wear a lot of black? If so, the burgundy is beautiful -- also if you already have black bags - that's another thought. And would you want a black birkin? I love the colored bags personally - tough decisions!

The SA said only this neimans has an hermes boutique and one other-michagan maybe?? But NM owns it-not like LV who rents space in dept stores. Black would go with a lot of my stuff. Right now I have a black city bag and black chanel tote(like cristinas-I had to have it:biggrin: ) If I got the kelly now then I would def get another color for a birkin at least 1-3 years down the road. I like the gold for birkins. I usually lean towards black or some shade of brown for my bags.

The NM in Troy Michigan (248) 643-3300 sells hermes. There is currently a 2-3 year wait list for the Birkin, but you never know... It's worth a call.

if you can afford both, i'd say definately buy the black kelly - how much more classic (and classy) can a bag get? if you like it, it's something that's incredibly versatile (i'd definately feel comfortable wearing it with jeans) and that you can pass down to future generations (or sell on ebay for close to retail if you get tired of it). if you can't afford both, i'd say wait for the birkin, but the kelly is gorgeous (i saw a black one and a blue jean at hermes atlanta last week)

I say don't pass on this opportunity if you think you'll be kicking yourself if you let it go. It is a beautiful bag no question, but it is a BIG investment. The real question is: Can you live without it without regrets?

It's official- I'm in love. I drove almost a hour just to take another look at the kelly hoping my heart would not pitter-patter at the sight:lol: I have to have this bag! It is a 32 cm black togo souple with palladium hardware. The SA is incredible. She is still holding it for me until april7-8 so I can get double points on my NM card. I told her I def wanted it. The other kelly was a burgandy and it was a 35cm rigid. It actually was a more formal bag than the souple black-but still gorgeous! I must be insane but I really want this bag. I will probably be posting some of my other bags in the WTS forum soon!! The SA said she has a 35 black box kelly that is almost 25 years old- it just withstands the test of time:love: