Distance Sale

Hello. New to purchasing a Goyard. I received a text from someone saying their from SF location and the bag I'm interested in is in stock. I'm being told the transaction is all through text, providing billing address, payment details etc. Is that normal practice? Phone number is not SF area code. I feel like I am being scammed. Anyone experience the same with Distant Sale? Thank you!

Hello. New to purchasing a Goyard. I received a text from someone saying their from SF location and the bag I'm interested in is in stock. I'm being told the transaction is all through text, providing billing address, payment details etc. Is that normal practice? Phone number is not SF area code. I feel like I am being scammed. Anyone experience the same with Distant Sale? Thank you!
The process I have had with distance sales is I receive an email with form I must complete and send back signed with a copy of my license. I use american express so payment is taken over the phone. All correspondence was with the Goyard store email and the phone of the store. This does sound strange but not sure if each location has a different process.

Reactions: BagLadyT
The process I have had with distance sales is I receive an email with form I must complete and send back signed with a copy of my license. I use american express so payment is taken over the phone. All correspondence was with the Goyard store email and the phone of the store. This does sound strange but not sure if each location has a different process.
I've done distant sales through Louis Vuitton and it's through email as well. I tried to call the store and no one ever answers. I just want to confirm that the person I'm texting is a SA. Thanks!

I've done distant sales through Louis Vuitton and it's through email as well. I tried to call the store and no one ever answers. I just want to confirm that the person I'm texting is a SA. Thanks!
And if they are not having you complete the form which you sign is final sale then I would be even more suspect with who is texting you. As all distance sales are final so you have to sign off on that.

Reactions: camich16
Not normal. Although an SA might initially reach out to you via text, they will not process an order through that platform. You should only proceed with the transaction if you receive an itemized purchase contract via email from a goyard.com account.

I purchase through Goyard in San Francisco as well and the SA has a phone number based out of NY. I felt comfortable because he knew exactly what I had requested when I emailed Goyard for a distance sale.

90 € seems reasonable enough. Did you just email them? I’m located in Austria as well, so any info is appreciated
Ordering from them has become incredibly convenient over the years! You can inquire via the contact form on the website or send an email to [email protected] - they always respond quick to me. Payment is done through bank transfer or a payment link (credit card) they send - you'll still need to fill out and send back a distant purchase order form with your personal details but I can live with that haha

Ordering from them has become incredibly convenient over the years! You can inquire via the contact form on the website or send an email to [email protected] - they always respond quick to me. Payment is done through bank transfer or a payment link (credit card) they send - you'll still need to fill out and send back a distant purchase order form with your personal details but I can live with that haha
Thank you! I sent them an email last week on Thursday and a day later, they already answered and gave me a quote. I confirmed the specifications today, so let’s hope they’ll send me the form to fill out soon 😅

Reactions: ctrlf and c18027
I buy through SF Goyard and the area code is 929. Texts/emails exchanged for inventory inquiry, email for approval/receipt, phone call to take my payment info. Hope this helps

Quick update: I filled in the form and made payment through their link. Unfortunately, the style I want is out of stock, so it will only be shipped in two weeks’ time. Really excited for it to arrive though.

Reactions: sihetho
Bought a St. Louis through Distance via SF about 5 weeks ago. Was asked to pay the "premium shipping" fee in lieu of tax, which included ground shipping and the estimated collected tax which was set as the local tax rate in CA. It appears others have written of this in the past months. Is this the new situation for the brand? Can anyone speak to the validity of this? Incidentally, I could have had it shipped to a tax free state, but suspect they would have done the same. What could anyone say of this in particular? Just trying to think back on the whole purchase process. On one hand, I'd have to travel to a boutique and spend money to do that, but the premium seems like more of their premium than a "premium shipping" experience.
Would love to know other people's experiences with this and/or the explanation or how legitimate this is.

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased a bag to be delivered in Germany? I've received a quote offer for the Artois PM but they are offering to ship the bag for 165 EUR which will take 30/45 days! Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm considering going to the store myself to buy it
I know this is a late response and it looks like you got a bag in Paris :heart: But just in case for future reference... When I lived in Germany, I had a few Goyard bags sent to me (including 2 Artois PMs). Shipping was 120 in 2021 for an Anjou GM which came in in an absolutely enormous box, but it was never 30/45 days for any of the bags that I ordered. It would take a week or two to get the order in, but once it, it shipped with 2-3 day shipping. The 165 EUR and 30/45 days is surprising!

Reactions: c18027
I know this is a late response and it looks like you got a bag in Paris :heart: But just in case for future reference... When I lived in Germany, I had a few Goyard bags sent to me (including 2 Artois PMs). Shipping was 120 in 2021 for an Anjou GM which came in in an absolutely enormous box, but it was never 30/45 days for any of the bags that I ordered. It would take a week or two to get the order in, but once it, it shipped with 2-3 day shipping. The 165 EUR and 30/45 days is surprising!
Thanks for sharing, I still find it strange (the cost of delivery alone), however I have a feeling the green Artois and St Louis has had a burst of popularity of recent so that may factor in to the stock levels. They didn't have them in store in the Rue St Honore store either.

Reactions: AdidaB
Thanks for sharing, I still find it strange (the cost of delivery alone), however I have a feeling the green Artois and St Louis has had a burst of popularity of recent so that may factor in to the stock levels. They didn't have them in store in the Rue St Honore store either.
At least it is something that they responded back to you. While I did get multiple bags sent to me in Germany, as I mentioned somewhere previously in this thread, a lot of my inquires to distant acquisition went unanswered. I always assumed that meant whatever I was asking for wasn't in stock. I noticed all the bags sent to me via distant acquisition were from Biarritz, France so maybe it just depended on the stock at that location.

Good to know about green. After heavy use, I sold my black and grey Artois and St. Louis bags, but held on to my green Anjou and green Belvedere.