Disgusted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can this get back on topic? I have no problem with the game of getting a Birkin or Kelly. It’s every business’s right to do what works for them, and it’s clearly working for Hermes to build up the relationship and feeling of exclusivity.

But it is more exclusionary than you know, as many of us don’t live near Boutiques. So I’ve gone to Vegas on vacation and bought a couple scarves and bracelets. I have gone on vacation to Hawaii a few years later and done the same. I’m not of an income level to go places just for the boutiques though. That’s a long-winded way of saying I cannot build up a relationship with an SA as we vacation every couple years and I’m not always near Hermes.

And, interestingly, their systems aren’t tied together. The Vegas stores sees what I bought in Vegas. Hawaii sees what I bought in Paradise but never the Twain shall meet. I was told by an SA if I bought online they would not see that either, unless that’s been changed recently. So each time I enter a boutique, I’m a stranger. They can look and see a couple items if I have been there before, but not the totality of my purchases.

I can walk in wearing my scarves and belts and bracelets; Coco be damned! I have luxury bags that are not Hermes, but will I ever get a Kelly? Doubtful.

It seems that you not only have to prove you are a good customer, but it must be done at the same store. That, for many, is a problem.

So I do buy resale and hold my breathe each purchase hoping it will be real. And I’ve had a few disasters too. But if I had my way, I’d only buy straight from the boutique. But the only boutique near me is LV and while they aren’t my fav, at least I know what I’m getting.

The good news is my next bag is going to be an Evelyn anyway as I think that suits my lifestyle better.

So if anybody has any ideas how to strike up a relationship with an SA when you live far from the nearest boutique, I’d like to hear it!

And I’d rather hear OOS at Hermes then at Walmart. :smile:.

See, if you stay in a Five Star hotel and it isn't as great and you complain on TripAdvisor... you'll get a response from the hotel.

I'm looking at Hermes and Chanel reviews on Google... no response from corporate.

SA's are going to treat a new customer very, very different to someone who comes in wearing a Birkin and a Hermes belt. Before you say 'businesses reward valued customers'- how do Hermes reward you? By offering you a bag which you still have to pay for? If you are handing money to purchase an item at full retail price, sorry, that's not a 'reward'. That's a business transaction.

A 'reward' is getting a business upgrade because you have accumulated Frequent Flyer points.

I re-read OP's post, it seems that she hasn't really elaborated about the details of the "bad" customer service. She just said they told her they didn't have a kelly bag for her. That to me is not enough detail to say she received bad customer service.
I’d also like to know more about the OP’s such horrific customer experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.