Disgusted

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why there is a reseller market. Sure, Hermes is the poster child for snooty bourgeois capitalism(Legit surprised the current French riots haven't targeted high end retailers). Yeah, the games are stupid as heck, and yes, there is even unofficial policies for racial and gender preferences(Which I have been subject to at different stores in different states).

But it's a complete myth that Hermes products are "rare and exclusive". Look at the resell market: It's flooded with everything Hermes imaginable. Even assuming half that if fake, there's still nearly as much H product on the market as Louis Vuitton. Use this market, create your bag options(size, color, style, leather, hardwear), find your bag, get it authenticated, and buy it. No fuss, no muss, and you can do it lounging in your favorite pajamas. Are you gonna pay more on the resell market? Probably, unless you buy something vintage(Which is easily done if you are wanting, say, a black Kelly 28 in box leather with gold hardwear). Unless you want an exotic, you'll end up paying the same you would "playing the game" and buying other H stuff. And if you *only* want a Kelly and nothing else from the brand, you still "break even"
This? The oversupply of the reseller market is making me reevaluate my purchases this 2019. These bags aren’t rare anymore. Especially when you can get same year b/k/c brand new with plastics one hardware

Yes, it is necessary. Re-read the post and you'll notice that its condescending and rude. I refuse to be talked like that.

I don't need to be a Hermes customer to know bad service when I see it. And don't worry, I won't be shopping there or buying the scarf I thought about purchasing. You don't have to worry about Hermes name being soiled by the likes of me.
I'll find it sad if you don't buy the scarf because of other's experiences.

Reactions: leemeiko
absolutely! sometimes you get snubbed because the sales person is just lazy or is in the middle of a highly important gossiping session when you arrived... and it actually has nothing to do with snobbery. hahahhaha
Ditto Girlfriend! I agree @Israeli_Flava !
I’m a pretty down to earth person. I work a job where I get dirty. I don’t hire anyone to clean my house or do my yard work. I did not play games to get my Birkins or my special order. I was offered a Kelly the third time I went into H, and this was about two years ago. I was not in the market for buying a bag and I’m not a huge spender. I connect with my store and it’s not snobby...sometimes I’m in the middle of conversation and the SA is being considerate to talk to me and kind to not be interrupted. I hope the negative commenters on this thread realize it’s not snobbery, we are in the middle of telling a great story!
I’ve also had a situation where I’m being offered a bag and someone comes in and asks if its for sale while you are holding it in your hand. Or, worse, someone who picks up your own personal bag that you momentarily put down and in doing so, they end up scratching it :sad: I think customers are the naughty people.

Ditto Girlfriend! I agree @Israeli_Flava !
I’m a pretty down to earth person. I work a job where I get dirty. I don’t hire anyone to clean my house or do my yard work. I did not play games to get my Birkins or my special order. I was offered a Kelly the third time I went into H, and this was about two years ago. I was not in the market for buying a bag and I’m not a huge spender. I connect with my store and it’s not snobby...sometimes I’m in the middle of a fun conversation and the SA is being considerate to talk to me and kind to not be interrupted. I hope the negative commenters on this thread realize it’s not snobbery, we are in the middle of telling a great story!
I’ve also had a situation where I’m being offered a bag and someone comes in and asks if its for sale while you are holding it in your hand. Or, worse, someone who picks up your own personal bag that you momentarily put down and in doing so, they end up scratching it :sad: I think customers are the naughty people.
Rude AND ruder!
Someone had the jewels to grab your own bag & scratch it???? :bagslap:
OMG!
No wonder some SAs are defensive towards some people; they can’t even respect others personal property. Talk about thirsty!

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird
Rude AND ruder!
Someone had the jewels to grab your own bag & scratch it???? :bagslap:
OMG!
No wonder some SAs are defensive towards some people; they can’t even respect others personal property. Talk about thirsty!
Yeah. It was so sad @blondissima777. I was so bummed. It was the second time I carried my B when it got handled by that lady. I posted about it in a past thread. The lady was rude too.
The other situation was when I was looking at my BFaubourg for the first time. Fresh from Paris. I barely got to see it for less than 5 min when a person walks by and asks if it was for sale. Well yeah, but respectfully, I was looking at it first. What a way to interrupt my magical H moment. Oh well, you just roll with it, I suppose. Maybe I should have licked it to deter her from asking for it. Haha.
See, we can change this thread from “disgusted about h” to “disgusted with people who treat you different because you carry h.” Wait, there is a thread about that :P
Guess everyone’s experience is different at different times. We have our good days and our bad days. I hope the person who started this thread and others who have a negative outlook on H reconsider that we are all kind and not above anyone else. So please be respectful to those of us who are looking at something. I’m sure they would hate it if they were taking a bite out of a sandwich only for someone to come and grab it from their hands. :nuts:

I don’t post much nowadays but I do 2nd the motion to close this thread. We have two individuals, one especially who is on full attack mode and are turning things quite vicious. Why is this thread still open? Btw if you don’t like the brand, don’t like how they treat potential customers, then just don’t spend money there and don’t frequent a Hermes forum to bash incessantly. It’s pretty simple and probably better for your frame of mind.

Of course, I'm getting blamed for being 'vicious' on this thread. You know what's vicious?
-Saying someone is another user in disguise
-Shouting at another user
-Accusing another user of being jealous / envious
-Giving unsolicited life advice
-Saying someone is too sensitive

What have I done on this thread?

Yeah, I'm such a bad person for fighting back! This may be the Hermes forum, but people should be able to criticise brands. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you.

I truly don't believe H holds back B's and K's just because they want to be snobby. The reason seems pretty simple: they still value artisanal craftsmanship over mass production and they can't/don't want to make the investment to scale that beyond the status quo. :huh: Makes sense to me... from professional services to retail goods, some companies want to be a boutique player NOT a volume shop. I don't think one can hold the B/K scarcity against H any more than you can hold it against your favorite local cafe that they haven't Starbucksized. It's not just about making money.

I don't think I'll ever be an H VIP but I can appreciate that being a loyal customer earns certain rewards - and that's okay with me. I don't gripe that frequent flyers get surprise upgrades when I don't; I don't get angry that some get special gifts from Sephora that I don't get based on their spend; and I don't second guess that loyal customers get the first opportunity when something coveted comes up. What I DO think is a shame is when someone feels like they must buy stuff they don't want simply to earn the reward... I think that's a little perverse, and I would never triple my spend at Sephora simply to get the freebie. But this one is more down to individual common sense... I assume that most smart ladies here enjoy H and buy items they like - and then reap the rewards as a nice perk not as some sort of hazing ritual.

Yeah. It was so sad @blondissima777. I was so bummed. It was the second time I carried my B when it got handled by that lady. I posted about it in a past thread. The lady was rude too.
The other situation was when I was looking at my BFaubourg for the first time. Fresh from Paris. I barely got to see it for less than 5 min when a person walks by and asks if it was for sale. Well yeah, but respectfully, I was looking at it first. What a way to interrupt my magical H moment. Oh well, you just roll with it, I suppose. Maybe I should have licked it to deter her from asking for it. Haha.
See, we can change this thread from “disgusted about h” to “disgusted with people who treat you different because you carry h.” Wait, there is a thread about that :P
Guess everyone’s experience is different at different times. We have our good days and our bad days. I hope the person who started this thread and others who have a negative outlook on H reconsider that we are all kind and not above anyone else. So please be respectful to those of us who are looking at something. I’m sure they would hate it if they were taking a bite out of a sandwich only for someone to come and grab it from their hands. :nuts:
2nd time?? :mad:
I think I would have given her such a dirty look, her eyebrows would have melted!!
Your sandwich metaphor is so true! :giggle:

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird
BTW I just want to add I think it's perfectly valid to scrutinize customer service of any product or brand. But it seems like there is some nefarious intent ascribed to H here when I really don't think that's the case. H is just like any premier experience... sometimes it's great, sometimes it sucks, and always it's expensive. Like in the example of the Four Seasons... I'm sorry but I HAVE been treated rudely during a $12,000 vacation (you can certainly find 5 star hotels with 3-4 out of 5 star reviews). I take it to be a bad individual, not like the entire company is trying to snub me. H is no different... I've had rude experiences there, but I've also had experiences where the darn SA made me and my SO a friggin' espresso and glass of champagne each, on nice china, and spent time with us generously just for a small purchase. It really depends on the individual.

Why make it so difficult? If a customer wants to spend the money they should just order it for them.
Totally understand your frustration but unfortunately when it comes to Hermes, thats how the cards are played. Making them readily available like other brands will not create the "crave" and "elusiveness" that H is famed for. Hope your flair on non leather H products grow because Hermes ain't just Birkin and Kelly. Their Silk and riding products were marvelled at, way before these bags exist.

Reactions: Kristelle01
Status
Not open for further replies.