Disappointed in LV and their quality of service

I agree about bags not being immortal :smile: but I also have the feeling that LV canvas just isn't as good/durable as it used to be. I compare the canvas on my 2012 Trevi PM against new DE canvas bags and the newer canvas just feels flimsier. My Trevi is a tank in comparison (it's also heavier, but that doesn't bother me). And you don't see as much detailing on canvas bags anymore; compare the simpler designs today to the intricate and perfectly executed folds and pleats on the Trevi. Just my opinion.
In my experience it also depends on the bag. My brand new Clapton backpack feels as sturdy as my Sophie from 2007(? 2008?) and Speedy but my brand new Nano Noe canvas feels flimsier than my 2004 Trouville. That is a softer, “drapier” style so it makes sense. Personally, I’ve experienced older stiffer canvas getting almost rock hard in the -30, -20 weather so I welcome the more malleable canvas that will probably fare better in freezing weather.

Just an update took my favorite mm bag to another LV store and right away the SA as well as the Manager said my bag was defective and that the cracks shouldn’t appear on a bag of under 2 years (other side was starting to crack also) and gave me the option of exchange/store credit.

Do you still feel disappointed in the brand and service?

Reactions: Postyco
"Personally, I’ve experienced older stiffer canvas getting almost rock hard in the -30, -20 weather so I welcome the more malleable canvas that will probably fare better in freezing weather."
Hmmm, I haven't noticed anything like that, even after many trips with it to the Alps in mid-winter.

Was wondering if anyone experienced this issue with any of their handbags before?

The coating at the sides of my purse and shoulder straps seemed to have melted! My purse is about 6 years old, and I’ve used it maybe 3 times in the past, and have always stored it inside the dust bag, and then inside the hard box that the bag came in when I purchased it from the LV store, and then I stored the box inside a cabinet in my closet, inside my air conditioned home. I haven’t used this bag in about 2 years and I recently took it out and noticed that the edges of the bag were sticky and that the coating seemed to have melted.

If I bring it back to the LV store, would they be able to fix it? I feel like this is due to defective materials used but it’s also 6 years old. I have several other LV handbags and have never experienced this issue before.

Attachments

• 1339D6CC-2557-498B-A33B-C2B959302915.jpeg
    1339D6CC-2557-498B-A33B-C2B959302915.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 230
  • B90200AC-6196-4C27-A70C-D463BF50C3BE.jpeg
    B90200AC-6196-4C27-A70C-D463BF50C3BE.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 231
  • A4385605-A1B8-4689-ADCD-FDAAB3D35F7C.jpeg
    A4385605-A1B8-4689-ADCD-FDAAB3D35F7C.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 2D2F64BD-ECA2-4245-BAB7-6375D001C80D.jpeg
    2D2F64BD-ECA2-4245-BAB7-6375D001C80D.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 1BB67F89-B205-4FDC-AA34-F982F6F8F67D.jpeg
    1BB67F89-B205-4FDC-AA34-F982F6F8F67D.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 42A46007-9502-4D71-AA96-2BBD44EDF1BF.jpeg
    42A46007-9502-4D71-AA96-2BBD44EDF1BF.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 230
Has anyone noticed that the quality has decreased from a couple of years ago? I got the mini steamer in blue and the LV stamp was not even crisp. The letters were blurry. The D ring was crooked. I compared to the bags from 2-3 years ago and the quality drastically went down. How did it even pass QA? I used to get small bags for the LV tags etc but this one didn't even come with any bags. Doesn’t look like it’s put together very well for what you pay for. I wonder if it’s the SA because my old SA left and I got assigned a new one. Or if LV just doesn’t include these little things anymore?

Reactions: Marie1Claire
Was wondering if anyone experienced this issue with any of their handbags before?

The coating at the sides of my purse and shoulder straps seemed to have melted! My purse is about 6 years old, and I’ve used it maybe 3 times in the past, and have always stored it inside the dust bag, and then inside the hard box that the bag came in when I purchased it from the LV store, and then I stored the box inside a cabinet in my closet, inside my air conditioned home. I haven’t used this bag in about 2 years and I recently took it out and noticed that the edges of the bag were sticky and that the coating seemed to have melted.

If I bring it back to the LV store, would they be able to fix it? I feel like this is due to defective materials used but it’s also 6 years old. I have several other LV handbags and have never experienced this issue before.
Check out the Louis Vuitton recall thread.

Reactions: Lejic
Has anyone noticed that the quality has decreased from a couple of years ago? I got the mini steamer in blue and the LV stamp was not even crisp. The letters were blurry. The D ring was crooked. I compared to the bags from 2-3 years ago and the quality drastically went down. How did it even pass QA? I used to get small bags for the LV tags etc but this one didn't even come with any bags. Doesn’t look like it’s put together very well for what you pay for. I wonder if it’s the SA because my old SA left and I got assigned a new one. Or if LV just doesn’t include these little things anymore?
That's so sad, I completely agree with you, I'm currently trying to get a replacement for shoddy workmanship, they don't seem to care about their customers anymore. We pay for quality