Disappointed in LV and their quality of service

Was wondering if anyone experienced this issue with any of their handbags before?

The coating at the sides of my purse and shoulder straps seemed to have melted! My purse is about 6 years old, and I’ve used it maybe 3 times in the past, and have always stored it inside the dust bag, and then inside the hard box that the bag came in when I purchased it from the LV store, and then I stored the box inside a cabinet in my closet, inside my air conditioned home. I haven’t used this bag in about 2 years and I recently took it out and noticed that the edges of the bag were sticky and that the coating seemed to have melted.

If I bring it back to the LV store, would they be able to fix it? I feel like this is due to defective materials used but it’s also 6 years old. I have several other LV handbags and have never experienced this issue before.

My LV SA repeatedly reminded me to never store any pieces in their boxes due to potential humidity. I wonder if being kept in the box harmed your bag.

I do not own empriente pieces, only canvas and epi. To date, I’ve not had any issues.

Brand new bag. Guess this is the new normal now.
This is the kind of stuff I’ve been seeing lately as well.

I know a lot of people on this forum don’t see quality going down or these threads as getting “old” but I am a frequent buyer and this is the stuff I’ve been seeing as well.

IMO it is crazy to even have something like this leave the west house.

Again, mistakes happens but how did this get past quality control? It is happening more often and I just don’t understand it.

Reactions: onlyk and leuleu